Ares Games

Thread: The HBM Sale - List of Items to be Offered

Default The HBM Sale - List of Items to be Offered

Big HBM Sale Department – Sign up for Email List

At the behest of possible survivors and heirs, as well as to make space to display my finished collection and “keeper” reference library, I am finally starting the long-threatened sale of extra and unused items. I do not doubt that there is an eventual auction in the offing, but my preference would be for as much as possible to find appreciative, useful new homes among my friends and correspondents.

To make the process as fair as possible, as well as to reduce my workload, I am starting off with a list which I can distribute and update regularly. I will post that on the Aerodrome and in TOTS, but to ensure everyone gets equally timely access, I want to build a email mailing list. Please let me know at ron200hbm@gmavt.net if you wish to be on the list.

What’s going to be on the sale list? Here is a preview.

1/200 aircraft from
    • HBM
    • Helmet
    • Atlas Verlag Silver Classics
    • Hai/Krtina
    • Schultz
    • Hauk
    • VK
    • X-Models
    • Wiking originals
    • Wiking Grope reissues
    • Wiking copies
    • Hansa-Schowanek
    • Herpa/Hogan/Gulliver , other modern diecasts
    • Konishi
    • Hawk
    • Skytrex
    • Mercator
    • Mercury, Dinky, Corgi, Palitoys, Politoys, etc. veteran diecasts
    • Styrene shell kit producers old and new
    • (more ranges to be added as cataloged)

1/200 AFV’s and figures from

• Skytrex
    • Hai/Krtina
    • Hansa
    • Wiking copy
    • Mercator
    • HBM
    • (LOTS more to be added as cataloged)

1/200 ships and naval (includes 1/192 / 1/16”=1 foot)

• Stirling USS Missouri built but needs TLC – free to anyone who picks it up ex me
    • Fine Arts /Tehnoart – museum quality USS Walke DD-23 Sumner Class – brand new in packing case
    • HBM - Complete set of WWII midget submarines, SSBN 726 Ohio, NR-1
    • Mahogany display models from Philippines of SSN 688, K-Ship Blimp, etc.
    • Various styrene kits old and new
    • Hai/Krtina – various subjects
    • Planet Models resin U-boats
    • Paper card kits
    • (More to be added as cataloged)

1/200 and Z-Gauge (MiniClub) railroad subjects

• Hai/Krtina armored trains
    • HBM armored trains
    • Mไrklin – various unused locomotives, rolling stock, rails, switches, transformer, etc. – LOTS
    • Scenic items and buildings from Kibri, Vollmer, Noch, etc.
    • Atlas-Verlag Z-Gauge Minitrains – complete set mint and boxed
    • Japanese Minitrains (also 1/220)
    • paper kits

1/200 and close Rockets, Missiles, and Sci-Fi

• listing to be updated when I get that far

1/72 scale aircraft -

• mainly very old Czechmaster/CMK/CMR resin kits

1/144 aircraft

• Some nice finished Diverse Images models
    • Rest not yet cataloged but includes a number of old 10mm kits

Odd scale aircraft

• Very large number of 1/1250 models originally made for waterline ships
    • Assorted 1/285 and 1/300 wargaming aircraft miniatures
    • Set of the Helmet Aircraft 1/350 model aircraft from about the 1970’s
    • Assorted other aircraft ranging from miniatures to display models – to be cataloged
    • 1/432 original and repro Cruver and Authenticast ID models

Odd scale AFV and Military

* Authenticast and Quality Castings 1/108 metal ID model AFV’s – mainly WWII but includes the Atomic Cannon - I think a full set plus some of the soldier figures

* Assorted 1/285 and 1/300 by GHQ, CnC, Skytrex, Heroics&Ros,, etc. Includes a few extremely rare models of items like Soviet ICBM carriers that were made to military contracts.

• Selection of rubber foam tank gunnery training models in circa 1/24 scale – used with pellet guns
    • More not yet cataloged

1/1250 and 1/1200 scale naval

• large collection of 1/1250 submarines, mainly waterline, from many producers like Hai, Trident, Neptun, Navis, Mercator – includes some very nice scratchbuilt wooden sub’s and a submarine pen
    • set of 1/1250 models of WWII and modern aircraft carriers
    • set of 1/1250 models of the German raiders like Atlantis, Pinguin.etc.
    • assorted others – mainly Neptun

Star Wars toys and Action Figures

• AMC Hoth and Toth scene kits
    • Used but OK action figures in an original carrying case
    • New sets of the Star Wars and Star Trek vehicles in bubble cases – lots
    • Star Wars figure and Battle Packs still boxed
    • Doubtless more long forgotten stuff of these genres (must have phasers, tricorders, etc. )

Castles and other ceramic“china” items

• These are a collection of ceramic models of castles and a few other structures. They have been crated in storage for something close to 20 years. The core is a series of “Great Castles of the World” like Mont St. Michel, the Alcazar, Newschwanstein, Falkenstein, and the Taj Mahal. There are also some fine pieces from Scots Castles, Liliput Lane, and others. The centerpiece is a Lennox scene of a seaside village.

BMW Bits

For many years we drove 3-series BMW’s, were founding members of the BMW club chapter, and so on. Regretfully BMW seem to have lost both their mojo and the sense that their sustaining customers were keen drivers. A few weeks back we made our periodic trek to try replacement candidates for the family car. We were frankly appalled. Flabby suspensions, numb steering, no spare tires, no way to check the oil levels, and a hideous suite of nanny electronics like sensors that warn one is being overtaken or crossing a solid line finished the turnoff that began with overstyling and cheap, hard plastics that would shame a rickshaw. In any case we now have some interesting BMW bits to dispose of.

• a brand new space-saver spare. It would fit E36 and E46 cars, probably E39’s, and I would guess E90’s. I had it as insurance for the survival of my spare-free E46 M3.

• A still shiny BMW jack, acquired because you don’t get a jack if your car comes with run-flat tires. Used only indoors to swap summer and winter rims.

• Brand new E46 front carpet set with “M” logo. Fit at least E36 and E46 cars.

• “M” Motorsports key fob from our lamented E46 M3.

• Assorted shop manuals for E36 and E46 BMW’s, plus a variety of references. Please check the book listings.

Books and other references

I should explain up front that in one of my previous incarnations I did a lot of work on field and CP, along with doctrinal analysis, strategy, and tactics for various military and civil clients. A fringe benefit of that activity was inheriting an inordinate number of reference books. Most were used very briefly and then archived.

The listings will be updated as items are added and removed. Please check back from time to time.

Prices are set with reference to used listings on amazon.com and abe.com. Books are heavy enough that shipping costs will needs be calculated for a combined total with packing. A Media Mail postal rate still exists for the USA. Unfortunately our feckless leaders do not provide for book exports to the rest of the world. We can mail from Canada but Canadian rates are higher and subject to VAT. There may still be a US rate for direct mail sacks.

Aviation – organized by

• civil aviation
    • military aviation
    • memoirs and biographies of aviators and units
    • references for air arms, manufacturers, aircraft types
    • contemporary materials like ID manuals
    • other

Military - ground combat organized by

• history, conflicts and battles
    • combat psychology
    • national forces
    • vehicles and weapons

Naval – organized by

• history, conflicts, battles
    • ship types and classes
    • undersea warfare

Automotive - organized by marque

• Alfa Romeo
    • BMW
    • Jaguar
    • Volvo
    • Mazda Miata MX-5
    • Other marques
    • Technical references
    • Shop manuals – mainly BMW and Miata

Architecture, d้cor, landscaping, home improvement

Rockets, missiles, space, Sci-Fi

• actual history and hardware
    • Fictional accounts and hardware

Other books – not much here because we generally donate non-reference books.

Magazines – tearfully! Wonderful reading for our long winter nights, but keep in mind that these amount to hundreds of pounds of volumes, and enough space to strain a minivan or estate wagon.

• A complete collection of Road & Track magazine from the first issue in 1947 to the present. Most issues are library bound in maroon with gold lettering to match the publisher’s binders. Mainly from my personal subscription , supplemented by purchased copies from 1947 to the mid-1950’s. Also includes a set of the R&T Test Annuals and a number of their special publications.

• A nearly complete collection from 1946 of RAF Flying Review in its various iterations like Flying Review International, Air Enthusiast, Air Enthusiast Quarterly, and the current Air International. All but recent issues are library bound in a blue with gold lettering scheme to match the publisher’s bindings. Included in the collection are the set of additional volumes created when the publishers offered a separate magazine focusing on historic air craft under titles like Air Enthusiast Quarterly.

• A nearly complete collection of World Airpower Review

• A complete run of Combat magazine

Sale Ground rules

• Trades trump cash. I am (obviously!) a confirmed packrat and thus much more likely to accept trade offers for items I think I want. See the attached search list.

• Shipping is extra at actual cost. We recommend insurance and at least certified delivery. Pickup here is possible by prior arrangement. Our nearest airport is BTV (Burlington).

• Based on past experience, we reserve the right to refuse sales to known problem people and to ship only to countries which provide reliable service. If there is a problem, you might want to check with Fedex or UPS or their local partners.

• Payment via Paypal or Western Union is inexpensive and reliable. Paypal also circumvents the issue of currency conversion. I am happy to accept Paypal payment in US or Canadian Dollars, Euros, Sterling, and Swedish or Danish Crowns.

Summary

Those are just the categories. I’ll start working on the listings as time permits.

Bumped.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Similar Missions

1. Has anyone come across these items, please?
    By Naharaht in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 14:43
  2. odd ww2 items
    By itchy in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 11:01
  3. Medals - I think I may be offered a revolver in the billiard room
    By I Flew With Braddoc in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-19-2013, 05:46
  4. Minis for sale / trade new list