Ares Games

Thread: Research help needed

Default Research help needed

Can anyone steer me toward drawings or photos of the TOG-1 super-heavy tank developed for the Royal Army in the 1930's? The TOG-2 was developed from the TOG-1 design, but the TOG-1 looks quite different in the 1-2 photos that turn up on image searches. The best source for info seems to be the Osprey volume on super-heavy tanks of WWII.

Also looking for a Korean made kit of a roughly 1/200 U-Boat combining features of the Type I, Type VII, and Type IX. It is easily recognizable. Imagine a Type VIIC with the saddle tanks removed. The aft end is fitted with a grotesque rubber band powered paddle wheel to propel if in the bath tub. However, the engraved deck is almost perfectly adaptable for our forthcoming U-Boats. Otherwise we will raid the textured styrene tiles made for model RR scratch builders.

Whilst in supplicating mode, can anyone help me find a copy of Autocar Collection, Jaguars since 1996. The book was put out by Haynes in the UK and consists of a compendium of Autocar articles. It must have been printed on Unobtainium, as I have been unable to find a new or used copy.

Back to the workbench.

Ron

old75er

Hi they have a tog1 at bovington tank museum in the u.k. i may have a couple of pictures will try to find them and post them mate.

Ron, the Tank Museum has a document and archive library, so it might be worth sending them an email: library@tankmuseum.org.

It's actually a TOG 2 they have at Bovvie Mark, which is a quite different beast.

TOG 1:

TOG 2:

Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

old75er

i stand corrected on this, the info plate at the time said tog 1 and it was not the one in the picture lol

Another couple of views of the pic above !

Comparison drawing of TOG-I & II

Artists impression of what it should look like

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Repaint Research from A Bit O' Lace
    By Diamondback in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-21-2015, 05:48
  2. Need Help for a Research Project
    By 7eat51 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-16-2014, 14:54