Ares Games

Thread: Bell YFM-1B Airacuda 1/200 scale

Default Bell YFM-1B Airacuda 1/200 scale

One of my favorite disappointments, the Bell Aircuda was soooo cooool! But did not succeed, but in a game . . .

I ordered it for fun and when it came I could not resist!

Super quick job, needs some clean up . . .

Always a sucker for a twin pusher!

High and bright metal Rustoleum Spray paint looks right! Same as I used on my Ta-152 project

Fun for nostalgia's sake!

I understand the fascination with oddball aircraft (and aircraft designs), but what designer in his right mind has a gun nacelle with a human loader (but not a gunner), when automatic cannon were readily available, at much less weight
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    I understand the fascination with oddball aircraft (and aircraft designs), but what designer in his right mind has a gun nacelle with a human loader (but not a gunner), when automatic cannon were readily available, at much less weight
    And that is why it failed quite so miserably -- the designer was an Idiot.

I also like these oddball aircraft, so very nice model David. It would be fun to use one in a game. That's another part of the game I like is that you can use all these non-standard aircraft, after all its only a game to have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I also like these oddball aircraft, so very nice model David. It would be fun to use one in a game. That's another part of the game I like is that you can use all these non-standard aircraft, after all its only a game to have fun
    I agree Doug. I sometimes think we forget that, and then we go to a show, and watch all the kids who are playing faces.
    Whatever we do it's all real to them.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Thanks, all that makes me feel so good : (
    Sorry David; That wasn't meant to be a comment on your model (which is splendid as always) or the liking of the odd and wonderful.
    (After all; who's riding around the 'Drome with his tail packed with explosives in case he has to bail out into a Cuisinart? )
    It's just sometimes an aircraft comes around and you have to wonder what they were thinking.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Similar Missions

1. Gonged the Bell
    By Attila57 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-06-2014, 10:11
  2. Gonged the Bell
    By flash in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-10-2014, 11:46
  3. Ring the Bell!
    By somaliavet in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19