Ares Games

Thread: Manoever Generator 3.0

Default Manoever Generator 3.0

Using this file from our download section by osnn01 (O Simons) I rose to do battle with a Hun Gotha who was just crossing back over the ditch after dropping his eggs on London. I played two Spad XIII's as the human controlled planes and my laptop played the Gotha. My plan was to hit the enemy from both sides preferably simultaneously. With 32 damage points between us along with being able to inflict A damage cards with every hit I was pretty confident of being able to shoot him down with his B deck guns and 27 points of damage.

Unfortunately, the random nature of the Maneuver Generator meant that he had not read the script and he turned into one of my planes and closed to attack like a fighter. He hit me but it was only a zero card so I thought I would speed past him and then do an immelman and have another go. I knew I had hit him because he as smoking! Alas I did not allow for his excellent rear gunner who now hit me at half a ruler length and I drew the explosion card. I was down to one Spad and he was not even in range. The battle continued with my remaining Spad inflicting gun jams and other damage on the bomber but getting an engine hit in exchange. Finally because of the need to use a stall manuever in each sequence of movements I got sloppy and allowed him a free shot that finished me off. It was a long battle and a good one. The Manoever Generator is certainly well worth checking out. The sheer unpredictability of the random card draw makes the game challenging and enjoyable.

The Manoever Generator is certainly well worth checking out. The sheer unpredictability of the random card draw makes the game challenging and enjoyable..
    Sounds like fun Gary - could you post a link to the file ?
    Cancel that I found it via your other thread. http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=714
    Last edited by flash; 05-12-2015 at 11:33.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. printable manoever decks
    By Baxter in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-28-2021, 13:52
  2. Maneuver generator
    By Baxter in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-29-2013, 10:57
  3. Random scenario generator
    By BobRoberts in forum Officer's Club