Ares Games

Thread: Campaign - Milton Keynes - 9/10th May

Default Campaign - Milton Keynes - 9/10th May

Is there any game at Campaign this weekend ?

I'll be helping with an Agincourt game, but it would be great to meet some fellow 'wingers'

Happy landings

Pete

I do't believe so; I think most of us are either doing "Carronade" or saving ourselves for "Triples"

Unfortunately we are not down for a game at Campaign, I certainly have not organised a presence at least.
    I did ask a couple of years ago and had a slot booked, but we did not get much of a response at that time.
    I have been to Campaign a couple of times and enjoyed the show, in fact it was there I first bought WoW as it was then back around 2005.
    If sufficient interest I can certainly ask about a slot next year, or if any one else wishes to organise a slot, fill your boots.

Quote Originally Posted by guthroth View Post
    Is there any game at Campaign this weekend ?

I'll be helping with an Agincourt game, but it would be great to meet some fellow 'wingers'

Happy landings

Pete
    I won't be at Milton Keynes but I will be running a game of WGF at Watford. If anyone's interested they can register here

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/...-convention-re

Everybody is welcome to join in but I should warn people I use a set of house rules for diving which involves using dive and climb pitch chips.

PS Added
    AAR report of the previous WFS game played at Watford is here.
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/...mes-convention

I'm a bit surprised by the lack of interest in Campaign. It's held in one of the indoor piazza's in the MK Centre and has literally thousands of ordinary public wandering in and out all day. Mums and Dads and Kids (and the occasional Grandparent) and invited to play any number of regular or special games. It would seem the obvious place to have both WW1 and WW2 games going on - especially THIS weekend.

That being said, I couldn't even find a Wings seller at the show so .....

If you fancy trying to get a spot for next year Peter, give it a go. As long as you can get four members to staff it I will back you.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola Zee View Post
    AAR report of the previous WFS game played at Watford is here.
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/...mes-convention
    I had a look at this Nicola. looks like a good fun game was had by all. liked the No man's land mat.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    If you fancy trying to get a spot for next year Peter, give it a go. As long as you can get four members to staff it I will back you.
    Rob.
    It's an idea, but too far off to plan just yet.

Also, it's a 2 day event, but I would be unable to do more than one, so I would be uneasy about being the main organiser.

Similar Missions

1. N. England & Scotland Carronade, Falkirk, May 10th 2014
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-12-2015, 12:37
  2. IPMS Avon Show, 10th August 2014
    By David Manley in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-15-2014, 23:48
  3. 10 Days in May: 10th May 2014
    By Oldwolfuk in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 9