Ares Games

Thread: Battle Foam for WGS?

Default Battle Foam for WGS?

Plane collection has grown, and thus need to reduce foot print so Mrs. Lucchini doesn't notice...

Looking through the multiple threads on storage (thanks for all the wonderful info!), Battle Foam appears to best fit my needs (maximum storage in minimum space with minimal effort on my part).

The one thing I see asked, but not answered is, how well do the Battle Foam trays work for WWII planes? They appear to be made for WWI.

Thanks for the help,
    Allen

Hey Allen,

There "Wings Of War Tray for Large & Medium Planes (BFL-1.5)" might work alright for WGS, but I think you would still have to do a bit of cutting to make a lot of the planes fit. While the tray is rather inexpensive for the number of planes it holds, I don't think the overall cost of doing a system based on BF is going very cost effective (BF and cost effective are rarely used in the same sentence lol). Besides having to buy one of their PACK bags which are a little pricey (but they are really nice), you are still going to have to find a way to store the card decks, bases and altitude pegs for each of your minis. Plus all the other game components.

If you have not seen them yet, my ACE Hangar Trays might be a good option for you as well:

Two of my trays are roughly the same size as a single BF tray. Mine will hold 12 planes and all their components. This arrangement is very nice as you never have to go looking for the other parts to fly the plane you picked out... it's all right there. In fact, the lack of options out there that addressed our needs directly was the reason I decided to make my own.

My price per plane stored is higher on the trays, but there are much less expensive bag options out there that bring the prices back into comparison. And I guarantee that the quality of my foam is much better.

And to come full circle to your original question, my tray are designed to hold both WGF and WGS minis. This gives you the most flexibility in how you use your trays. And when a plane will not fit nicely into a current tray, I make specific one for it... so there will always be the correct trays to protect your collection.

You can't go wrong with BF stuff, but you could do better

Okay, hard sale pitch finished

Alright Kieth, I'll bite. Plus, your trays have a good rep here in ABQ.

When will they be back in stock?

Can I pick them up in COS (and save shipping)?

And something to think about on your travels: Have you considered making a plane-only tray (and maximize planes/tray)? Being slightly OCD, I have card storage covered.

Yay me! lol No, seriously, thanks for giving me and my trays a chance. I'm also glad to hear the ABQ guys are happy with my products... I do send quite a few down that way.

As for picking them up in the Springs, I operate out of my house, so we'd have to make arrangements. But I'm sure that could be worked out. It might cost you a game or two though

I've tossed around the idea a few times, but being a "small guy", its hard to produce everything that might sell. But I am open to trying them on the next order of trays I have to have made up if enough people are really interested in that style.

Save on shipping and get in a couple games at Gamer's Haven? These things practically sell themselves.

Let me know when you are back in town, and I'll see how much of the family is up for a road trip.

Similar Missions

1. battle foam pluck foam
    By Xen in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2014, 01:02
  2. Need to know where to buy packing foam...
    By KevinsHope in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-13-2014, 12:45
  3. Foam Trays
    By AndyT in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-29-2013, 08:25
  4. Battle Foam trays
    By Pseudotheist in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2012, 19:51
  5. Looking For Pluck Foam