Ares Games

Thread: Major league decal failure

Default Major league decal failure

Hi Guys I'm having a "Bad Decal Day" I've just repainted two Albatros DVa Jasta37,Attachment 163475 Got out a Jasta37 decal sheet and to my horror, they died in the waterAttachment 163476 The ink just fell off the paper leaving pink spots behind, I was trying make these two planes Attachment 163477 Can anyone help me out with, Decals or information where to buy replacements; Please PM if you can help

Did you buy them, or print them? If you want to buy another set, Dom's Decals has a great one:
    http://www.domsdecals.com/shop/artic...3D144-GE-S3%26

If you printed them yourself, or have more on the sheet you still want to try to use, try instead of soaking the decal in the water, just paint water onto the back side of the decal, and let it seep in. That should leave the face of the decals more or less dry, and prevent the ink from running. You'll want to be careful with your sealer also.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    Did you buy them, or print them? If you want to buy another set, Dom's Decals has a great one:
    http://www.domsdecals.com/shop/artic...3D144-GE-S3%26

If you printed them yourself, or have more on the sheet you still want to try to use, try instead of soaking the decal in the water, just paint water onto the back side of the decal, and let it seep in. That should leave the face of the decals more or less dry, and prevent the ink from running. You'll want to be careful with your sealer also.
    Ok ill give that a bash, thanks for the tip

Put the decals on as is. Then, using it as a template, fill in with black paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco Lucchini View Post
    Put the decals on as is. Then, using it as a template, fill in with black paint.
    At my age I find it impossible to paint superfine detail, Thanks anyway

If as I assume you printed these yourself, did you coat the decal with a laquer or varnish as a fixative before applying water?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I agree with Todd Drew, Dom's your man. his decals are excellent.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    If as I assume you printed these yourself, did you coat the decal with a laquer or varnish as a fixative before applying water?
    That I don't know steve, a friend made them for me

Microscale makes a liquid decal film you paint on, let dry. You can then treat decal as normal. That should work.

Didn't know that
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

What a bummer Drew, My sympathy been there and had to re do.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Gutted, Dom is the Don, if not try mehusla/144 direct on eBay. On another note your pal has got the font spot on, you could always try again using the microsol decal film or Steve's fixative method on another surface (other than your painted beauties) first. As they look spot on.

Similar Missions

1. _Precious Metal_ Fuel-Feed Failure, Reno 2014
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-10-2014, 13:29
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-30-2014, 03:51
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-29-2014, 09:52
  4. TC Mich League night
    By Mac in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 9