Ares Games

Thread: WWI Rules and Accessories Pack + Airplane Packs Combo

Default WWI Rules and Accessories Pack + Airplane Packs Combo

Anyone know or heard of these coming out? Is this related to the Kickstarter?

I don't see on Cool Stuff what the planes will be.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/214100

Edit: Found there here also: http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/wings-...ne-packs-combo
    Last edited by Captain Chum; 04-20-2015 at 21:07.

News to me Kelly. Maybe the Oberst has some SP on it.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

The place I buy from (Miniature Market) had this for some time. It was the accessory pack and 4 planes that they added to make a set. They are out of the accessory box for WWI but still have the WWII set.

Some ebay sellers in Germany construct a gaming pack of WGS RAP and four minis.

My reading of what it says about the Rookie pack is that the models received are not specified. Ares will send one SPAD XIII, one Sopwith Camel, one Albatros D.Va and one Fokker DR.1 but the choice of paint schemes, which any person receives, is up to Ares.

That's the way I understood it as well Dave.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

A rather neat way to get rid of some non sellers I presume.
    I would be interested in knowing which model has not sold well and if due to type of aircraft or colour scheme

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

I'm not sure if it's a reflection of my specific customer base, or a general trend, but my poorest sellers for all 4 types have been the colour schemes repeated from the original run - Elwood, Rickenbacker, Udet and von Richthofen. (For the series 2 reprint it's the same story, with the exception of the Barker Snipe, which has unsurprisingly sold better than the Russians. Goering sales have been utterly dire....)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    Goering sales have been utterly dire....)
    Let me roll for surprise...........nope, a six!
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Yeah, that's a real "sucks to be right" one - I was quite noisily against seeing him reprinted (God how I'd have loved Schafer, or a new model with plain lozenge wings for easy repaints....) but such is life....

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    A rather neat way to get rid of some non sellers I presume.
    I would be interested in knowing which model has not sold well and if due to type of aircraft or colour scheme
    I got a Rookie set for a rules backup set. The planes will be repaints. It is a great price for the lot. Fantastic way for new folks to get in if they were lucky enough to see the Kickstarter campaign.

(God how I'd have loved Schafer, or a new model with plain lozenge wings for easy repaints....) but such is life....
    Preaching to the choir here, Dom. Ah well, hopefully, Ares will take the lesson.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Yeah, that's a real "sucks to be right" one - I was quite noisily against seeing him reprinted (God how I'd have loved Schafer, or a new model with plain lozenge wings for easy repaints....) but such is life....
    Agree 1000%. So much easier to have a lozenged plane for repaints. You want a Goering, get out a white spray can.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Agree 1000%. So much easier to have a lozenged plane for repaints. You want a Goering, get out a white spray can.

Interesting Dom, I must admit I would have thought a pristine white Goring would have sold with no problems, plenty of lozenge decals on the market, but shows how wrong you can be.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

It's a bigger job than many people are keen on - a bit of brushwork and a few decals are fine, but when you get to popping struts and decalling the wings, a lot of people are out of their comfort zone.

It's a bigger job than many people are keen on - a bit of brushwork and a few decals are fine, but when you get to popping struts and decalling the wings, a lot of people are out of their comfort zone.
    One reason that Kampfflieger has a D.VII kit at his Shapeways store
    When I get around to my D.VII and Pfalz D.XII kits, the decals go on before assembly.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    When I get around to my D.VII and Pfalz D.XII kits, the decals go on before assembly.
    That was my plan, and I followed it with regard to my four Valom Fokker DVIIs, but then, when it came to my Pfalz DXIIs, I bypassed the metal Reviresco kits and painted 4 Shapeways DXIIs instead (and the lozenge decals are/were a pain!).

Similar Missions

1. Necessity of Rules and Accessories Pack
    By RJames in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-18-2015, 06:36
  2. WW2 Rules & Accessories Pack - unboxing
    By Nightbomber in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2013, 00:02
  3. WGF: Rules and Accessories Pack, first look
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 17:30
  4. Rules & Accessories Pack - the differences
    By Nightbomber in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 04:42
  5. new altitude rules in Rules and Accessories Pack?
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 15:12