Ares Games

Thread: Central Kentucky Pilots, Enlist!

Default Central Kentucky Pilots, Enlist!

If you play Wings of Glory in Central Kentucky please give me a shout.

Then,

1. My goal is to find Wings of Glory players in the Central Kentucky and 2. adjacent areas.

3.This request would also apply to any pilots who wish be part of the developing Bluegrass Aerodrome centered in Lexington, Kentucky.

The remaining goal is to regularly meet to have some fun across the table with fellow gamers playing Wings of Glory.

Mel
    Last edited by Gribble; 04-22-2015 at 18:59. Reason: To show inclusion of everyone

Did you get any pilots yet?
    I grew up in Lexington, went to Richmond for MS & HS, while my dad still lived in Lexington until a few years ago.

We return to the area (hitting Richmond, Carlisle, Covington) for the 4th of July & the week after Christmas.

Hey Mischa!

Thanks for your note. Always good to hear from others who have trod the Bluegrass.

I have hosted four 'demo' games. The game is easy and in ten-minutes I had four pilots and of course a lot of on-lookers. We've played five other times at my table at home with friends.

I just have to entice them to join the Aerodrome.

You'd be welcome to get in a couple games if you have time when you're visiting.

Best wishes,
    Mel

PS/
    The local gaming shop now has a special order service for Wings of Glory and they keep a regular stock of WWI and WWII aircraft.

Sure and Steady, that's the way to go.

Is the local game store "The Rusty Scabbard"? I remember when it was mostly just a D&D store w/ the original figures right near Maxwell school. Then it moved around the corner across from the fire station. Then I left before it moved again.

Mischa

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Resident View Post
    Is the local game store "The Rusty Scabbard"? I remember when it was mostly just a D&D store w/ the original figures right near Maxwell school. Then it moved around the corner across from the fire station. Then I left before it moved again.

Mischa
    Mischa,

Different people own it now.

It's still a "D&D store" but added a few more genres, though I think they once stocked Wings of War products back in the day, but not currently offering Wings of Glory.

They moved out of the Maxwell Street area out to a strip mall in Gardenside area.

Best,
    Mel

The interest in Wings of Glory is good right now, on the small side to be sure, and with that I have to be satisfied. I don't take playing with 1:144 (or 1:200) aircraft as a 'job'.

We are five solid pilots and at least four casual ones. I'm not trying to make converts, I merely let the game 'show its stuff' if you will.

I've made the first steps to nurture a 'group' among these folks, after all it's a social gathering, no?

So now I shall dispense with the first-person-singular-personal pronoun ("I") and watch what 'they' will make of the Bluegrass Aerodrome, then, they shall own it with their hearts.

Best regards,
    Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Hey Mischa!

PS/
    The local gaming shop now has a special order service for Wings of Glory and they keep a regular stock of WWI and WWII aircraft.

Sure and Steady, that's the way to go.
    I'm in Ashland, but visit Lexington a few times a year, what is the local gaming store? Or better yet, where is it?

Hello John,

Sorry for the delay.

Right, the shop is called The Battleforge 1777 Alexandria Drive as you already know in Lexington.

Hope you'll give me a shout about your arrival plans to Lexington. Will extend the old Bluegrass hospitality and a game or three.

Best regards,

Mel

Thanks for the info. I don't have any plans for Lexington yet. I have family in Cincy and occasionally do a drive by on the way there.

You are welcome; my pleasure. Safe travels.

Cheers,

Mel

Similar Missions

1. National: Central Kentucky Wings of Glory Player My Introduction
    By Gribble in forum US Wing
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 09:25
  2. Your Favourite Central Powers Pilots?
    By gully_raker in forum Polls
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 13:00
  3. To All Central Ohio Pilots (and anyone else interested) - February Events
    By The Cowman in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 01:05
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 19:08