Ares Games

Thread: Planes missing action

Default Planes missing action

I don't know about you guys, but patience virtue I don't have at my age, according to "THE WARSTORE.COM" series 8 was to be available from 15th of April 2015, Has any one got any "Good News" for for Eddie (Rickenbacker) and myself ? It reminds me of the war, with the plane shortages for the front line.

I received an email from Keith that the order I have with the Aerodrome Store has shipped. I expect mine to land today or tomorrow. I call that good news!

Keith put mine in post 2 days ago , should see them next week

Mine are en route too. I think 'overdue' rather than 'missing' is more appropriate - was the date quoted for the UK Drew ? The Europe availability traditionally lags behind the US though I don't know if that's the case this time. Dom may know as he's a vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Mine are en route too. I think 'overdue' rather than 'missing' is more appropriate - was the date quoted for the UK Drew ? The Europe availability traditionally lags behind the US though I don't know if that's the case this time. Dom may know as he's a vendor.
    I think were looking at 25th Dec (Christmas) 2020, Alas I won't be able to buy them then, As I have to stay in for the Gas repairman's visit that day.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

The quoted release date is *always* for the US, not Europe, which typically gets stuff 3 or 4 weeks later. That said, the UK distributor's just sent out this week's "new stuff shipping Monday" email and Series 8 is on it, so UK retailers should start receiving them Tuesday. (Normally the gap between US and UK arrivals is longer, but the port hold-ups for the US shipment presumably closed the gap.)

I have a mountain of reprints to get through as my main job over the weekend, but my Series 8 order's in, and getting them listed on my website has been added to the to-do list....
    Last edited by Dom S; 04-17-2015 at 06:20.

LOOP

Mine are also on their way.
    Keith sent them the 15th.

Yes Dom is right.
    The protracted US Dock strike bogged everything down for months, and clearing the backlog is still effecting incoming shipping. Lots of ships should have made the round trip again by now but were stuck outside the docks unable to unload.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. Missing pilots
    By Albert Ross in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 17:29
  2. What planes are missing from this list
    By Oberst Hajj in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 17:59
  3. Am I missing something?
    By Belis4rius in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 17