Ares Games

Thread: Rogozharski IK-3 in action

Default Rogozharski IK-3 in action

Yesterday, on April 6th we decided to play the game to commemorate 74 years from beginning WW2 in Yugoslavia. On the same day Belgrade was bombed by Luftwaffe, so we made scenario about that.

Pair of Yugoslav IK-3 cruised over Belgrade area, with extreme caution, as recent developments created tensions in relations with Germany. Suddenly, they spotted enemy airplanes approaching from Romania, one Heinkel He 111 and Messershmitt Me 110. Soon, Stuka joined them. Whole group headed to Belgrade. No time to waist, and one of Yugoslav IK-3 engaged Me 110, and other unsuccessfully tried to engage mixed bomber group. Dogfight between fighters ended soon, mainly thanks to first exchange of fire and well aimed German's burst, which brought 11 damage to Yugoslav machine. Nevertheless, Yugoslav pilot maneuvered well and started to tail his opponent, wounded him, damaged his engine, shot him down but at high price: he was shot down too.

Other Yugoslav fighter failed to stop German bombers to deliver bombs. Stuka successfully dive-bombed National Library and use it's siren to cause panic among Belgrade citizens. After bombing, left the field at very low altitude, not receiving damage at all (there were no AA units, as Belgrade was declared open city few days before) and safely returned to the base. In the meantime, Heinkel bombed its target, but missed. While it was turning to try again, finally it was engaged by IK-3. Fierce fight between fast and agile fighter versus slower but heavily armed bomber followed. IK-3 was shot down, and, according to controversial reports Heinkel was either shot down, either flew away in flames (first damage count was 30 points, second 28 - and we decided not to count again, but to leave faith of the bomber open – as could of happen historically).

After the game, went to nearby kafana (pub), decorated with portraits and pictures of RYAF airman to get couple of beers and commemorate brave pilots of April War 1941.
    Last edited by Пилот; 04-07-2015 at 12:30. Reason: 74 years :-)

Talking of pictures Heмaњa did you manage to take any of this intriguing little tussle?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Unfortunately, I always remember to take pictures only after it's all finished...

Nice Little AAR Nemanja - as well without pictures.

Maybe you have no pictures of the game, but if you can show us a picture of the IK-3...

I'm sorry for the National Library. Normaly the Stukas are famous for their precision.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

My dear friend, please don't apologise, no need for that at all! We just used that incident as base for the fun mission.

I'll do my best to take some pictures of my birds and put them in IK-3 thread

Edit: And done!
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...226#post347226
    Last edited by Пилот; 04-26-2015 at 10:33.

Similar Missions

1. AAR: First day in action - End Game
    By johnbiggles in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-09-2014, 15:42
  2. AAR: First day in action
    By johnbiggles in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 09:03
  3. Out of action
    By Volant Gun in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13