Ares Games
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New ACE Hangar Trays

Well no guesses as to the uneducated with this question.....
    but no so i am told no question is a stupid question...so here goes..

The Hanger trays are 7.5" x 13"
    There fore these will not fit the current KR Multicase boxes...?
    I have measured the KR inserts and the 1/2 tray inserts are 7.5" x 11.5"

So please,,,,,give me a clue...what carry cases are these intended to fit?
    which one's and who from?

Thanks for the 'heads up'

Maverick...

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Well no guesses as to the uneducated with this question.....
    but no so i am told no question is a stupid question...so here goes..

The Hanger trays are 7.5" x 13"
    There fore these will not fit the current KR Multicase boxes...?
    I have measured the KR inserts and the 1/2 tray inserts are 7.5" x 11.5"

So please,,,,,give me a clue...what carry cases are these intended to fit?
    which one's and who from?

Thanks for the 'heads up'

Maverick...
    Army Transport by Sabol
    Sword Bag by Battle Foam
    Portable Warfare by Blu Foam

And there are others out there. The Sword bag is the highest quality, but I think the Army Transport is the best bang for your buck. Sabol also has the most bag options that fit my trays. Those companies all offer pluck foam for the bags... but honestly, they all pale in comparison to the quality and protection my trays offer (that's the whole reason I make trays... and all of my products).

Does the pre-order price already reflect the $2.00 discount or will that be applied after the order is placed. I didn't see any price reduction after the order was placed.

The listed price includes the discount already.

AshDOG

Are the HP 0/400 layout trays still for sale? I can't find them on the store website.

I've pulled them from the site while they are being manufactured. Once I have them actually in my hands, they will go back up on the site for normal orders.

They have been out of the small trays for some time.

Does anyone know when they will be in?

Any time now. They finished up production this past week, so now it's just the shipping up to me.

The foam for these arrived today. They are still pretty waterlogged from the water jet, so they are going to need several days to dry out before I can start assembling everyone's orders. Just wanted to give you guys an update and let you know it will not be long now. Thanks for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    The foam for these arrived today. They are still pretty waterlogged from the water jet, so they are going to need several days to dry out before I can start assembling everyone's orders. Just wanted to give you guys an update and let you know it will not be long now. Thanks for your patience.
    Great news, Keith. Thanks for the update... it's most appreciated.

If I missed the post I apologize. Are there any plans to come out with foam storage for the two giants? Preferably one tray with both the HP and Zeppelin.

Are they dry yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    If I missed the post I apologize. Are there any plans to come out with foam storage for the two giants? Preferably one tray with both the HP and Zeppelin.
    Yes, there are ACE trays for both the new Giants. Once all the pre-orders ship out, I'll put them back on the site for everyone else to order them.

Quote Originally Posted by tuladin View Post
    Are they dry yet?
    For the most part. At the start of the week they were still wet, so I had to adjust some things so that at least the pre-orders would be dry for me to assemble them this weekend. So I've spent the last 3~4 hours assembling trays today. I've still got a half dozen or so to assemble, but they were not dry enough. I'll have to get them tomorrow.

I'm going to give these a day or two to bond and shipments should start rolling out of here on Monday or Wednesday.

Keith;
    can you advise us which trays will fit the latest WGS planes coming out? I need to order more trays
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Keith;
    can you advise us which trays will fit the latest WGS planes coming out? I need to order more trays
    Karl
    As soon as I have some in hand to test out, I'll post here and update the product pages.

As soon as I have some in hand to test out, I'll post here and update the product pages.
    Thanks; I put in my pre-order in yesterday

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

The Giants hangar trays arrived today (I had pre-ordered them in December). Very solid, very clean, perfect fit, beautiful work!

And the were absolutely dry!

Quote Originally Posted by tuladin View Post
    The Giants hangar trays arrived today (I had pre-ordered them in December). Very solid, very clean, perfect fit, beautiful work!

And the were absolutely dry!
    Thanks Larry, I'm glad you are happy with them. Kind of beefy aren't they!

Are there trays for the Giants? I haven't seen them.

Are there trays for the Giants? I haven't seen them.
    If you read this thread starting at post #99 you'll get the whole story. Briefly, in December the Aerodrome offered them for pre-order, the pre-order period ended at the end of the month, last week they sent out the pre-orders, and soon they will be back up for regular sale on the Aerodrome site.

And yes, they are quite beefy.

I'll look for them.

Thanks,

All ACE Hangar Trays have been restocked and the Giants are now up on the site as well. For those that do Sails, the Dry Docks are up too.

All ACE Hangar Trays have been restocked and the Giants are now up on the site as well. For those that do Sails, the Dry Docks are up too.
    Keith when will the Giants themselves be available for purchase?

This look great.

Are the Giant's trays the same dimensions as the Hanger trays 7.5" x 13"

Quote Originally Posted by Canestri10 View Post
    Keith when will the Giants themselves be available for purchase?
    I'll be adding a few to the site tonight

This look great.

Are the Giant's trays the same dimensions as the Hanger trays 7.5" x 13"
    Yes they are... but much deeper of course.

Yes they are... but much deeper of course.
    And beefier.

I'll be adding a few to the site tonight .
    Sitting here refreshing the drome store page every 15 minutes haha. Gimme some Giants!

Anyone got any tips on buying either the Blue or Green Staaken? What are the main differences? Is the blue one a night bomber?

I'm definitely getting the 0/400 with red engines as it is a very nice looking bird and pops out more on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Canestri10 View Post
    Sitting here refreshing the drome store page every 15 minutes haha. Gimme some Giants!
    They are up on the site... but quantities are limited.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Keith "Oberst Hajj"? I tried to purchase about 12-14 hanger trays but couldn't get the order to go through. I PM'd him a few times and that doesn't seem to be working. Now several items I had on order are no longer available.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Keith "Oberst Hajj"? I tried to purchase about 12-14 hanger trays but couldn't get the order to go through. I PM'd him a few times and that doesn't seem to be working. Now several items I had on order are no longer available.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Hi Ken, sorry but I've just not had the time to sit and try to sort this out for you. I'll PM you here in a few.

Hi Ken, sorry but I've just not had the time to sit and try to sort this out for you. I'll PM you here in a few.
    Awesome thank you.

I was looking as several options. When I was going over the options, my wife liked these since the planes, maneuver decks and flight stands stay together.

I received my Hanger Trays and have to say I love them.

Two planes are a bit too tight for me. The Airco DH.4 is very tight. Makes me concerned about taking it in and out. Also it looks like it may stick up just a bit. I tried flipping it upside down but that was worse as the wheels poked out much higher. The other is the Fokker Eindecker III. They fit but the wings are wider than the slots. I don't want to force them but if the cutouts were just 1mm on each side that would do it. Most likely the same for the DH.4 but length wise. Other wise they fit everything else perfectly. I bought a couple extras, just in case. Of course my wife looked at me and smiled saying 'so you're getting more planes?'

Well if balloons come out of course. Can't wait.
    Last edited by Ken at Sunrise; 04-28-2016 at 13:31. Reason: Additions, clarifications and general rewrite.

I was looking as several options. When I was going over the options, my wife liked these since the planes, maneuver decks and flight stands stay together.

I received my Hanger Trays and have to say I love them.

Two planes are a bit too tight for me. The Airco DH.4 is very tight. Makes me concerned about taking it in and out. Also it looks like it may stick up just a bit. I tried flipping it upside down but that was worse as the wheels poked out much higher. The other is the Fokker Eindecker III. They fit but the wings are wider than the slots. I don't want to force them but if the cutouts were just 1mm on each side that would do it. Most likely the same for the DH.4 but length wise. Other wise they fit everything else perfectly. I bought a couple extras, just in case. Of course my wife looked at me and smiled saying 'so you're getting more planes?'

Well if balloons come out of course. Can't wait.
    Glad you like them Ken.

The DH.4 should be a near perfect fit. Two of mine have about 1mm free space in front of them and the other just touches in the front. None of them protrude from the top of the foam. The E.IIIs are a tight fit in the wings, but I did not what the cut out too loose for other planes. When taking them in and out, try slightly bending the tray on the long edge and it should open the cutout enough to make taking them in and out much easier.

Glad you like them Ken.

The DH.4 should be a near perfect fit. Two of mine have about 1mm free space in front of them and the other just touches in the front. None of them protrude from the top of the foam. The E.IIIs are a tight fit in the wings, but I did not what the cut out too loose for other planes. When taking them in and out, try slightly bending the tray on the long edge and it should open the cutout enough to make taking them in and out much easier.
    They are really great.

My DH.4 is definitely tight. I do pull back the foam to get it in and out but it is very snug so one has to be careful to be sure or the upper wing will snap off. As for the height it is right on the edge. If you look closely the upper wing is right on/over of the edge. Should matter, but I'm concerned about transport that the paint doesn't get worn off. The E.III are not nearly as tight as the DH.4 but one needs to be careful there too. It's just the wing tips. I've thought of notching the propeller of the DH4 and the tips of the E.IIIs. I hate doing that but may be best.

Otherwise this is fantastic. I keep everything together, decks and planes. I also got the Ground Crew ACE Hangar Tray and have all of my cards, A, B, C and D damage decks; Pilot Careers and Abilities; the other ability decks; the plastic smoke and flame; and even the AA, bomb cards, trench, etc... I have everything in trays except the counters.

Now I think I should have gotten another one for those. Too bad I didn't think of this before I ordered.

Your DH.4s should not be that snug... something is off here. One thing you might try doing is to break loose the adhesive just at the front of the DH.4 cutouts and see if you can push it out just a little and reset it. You might be able to gain the little bit of space you need here. But just to verify, you do have your DH.4s in the Large Two Seater trays correct?

Your DH.4s should not be that snug... something is off here. One thing you might try doing is to break loose the adhesive just at the front of the DH.4 cutouts and see if you can push it out just a little and reset it. You might be able to gain the little bit of space you need here. But just to verify, you do have your DH.4s in the Large Two Seater trays correct?
    Yep, they are in there with my Bristol and Hanover CL.IIIa.

A different question: has anyone tried to label the sides of these trays yet. I was thinking about label paper, but I don't know if it will stay.
    Karl'

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    A different question: has anyone tried to label the sides of these trays yet. I was thinking about label paper, but I don't know if it will stay.
    Karl'
    I don't think it will stick Karl, but I have both here and will try it for you.

Humm, at least initially, the label adheres pretty well. I thought it would just curl right off, but I actually had to pick at it to get it to lift a little bit. We'll need to see how it does long term though.

Do you know witch tray will fit with the series 9 planes?

Quote Originally Posted by CH_Brun View Post
    Do you know witch tray will fit with the series 9 planes?
    Sorry, I can't confirm anything until I have the new minis in hand.

Humm, at least initially, the label adheres pretty well. I thought it would just curl right off, but I actually had to pick at it to get it to lift a little bit. We'll need to see how it does long term though.
    Thanks Keith.
    My plan is to store the bulk of my collection in clear tubs (see: Hanger Tray Storage Option )
    and load up what I need for each game day/week. This will make the organization job easier....I pray!

Karl

Mudman2001

Has anyone tried them with the Game Plus bags from MM? It says that the tray dimensions are 7.5" x 13".

Quote Originally Posted by Mudman2001 View Post
    Has anyone tried them with the Game Plus bags from MM? It says that the tray dimensions are 7.5" x 13".
    Yes, they will fit. I have four of these bags with the trays.

Mudman2001

Quote Originally Posted by Toothless9 View Post
    Yes, they will fit. I have four of these bags with the trays.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

The trays are so sturdy, the bag does not have to have a plastic skeleton for support like a Battle Foam or the original hangar bag.

Mudman2001

I was more worried about the fit, they had one of the bags on sale. I didn't want to buy it just to find out the trays wouldn't fit.

I bought three on sale a couple of months ago. At 18" tall, they will hold quite a bit of foam. Leave about 1/2" of room at the top if you don't want to stress the zipper. There is a gentle curve at the front of the bag. With these tray, the rigidity will come from the tray. If you want toppers, you can goe them from Battlefoam. They also have this tray size for their economy line. It will fit their Sword bag.

Hopefully I haven't already said this but I used the Ziploc Weathertight Storage Trays. You can put lie two trays down and stack fairly high. Much less expensive than backpacks, and weather proof, plus I put the rules, such along the sides.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Series 6 Hangar Trays
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-01-2013, 10:57
  2. A review of the WoG Aerodrome WW1 Hangar trays.
    By john snelling in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-07-2013, 15:48
  3. WGF Slightly used Hangar Trays
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 01:41
  4. Hangar Trays restocked.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 15:49
  5. WWII Miniatures Aerodrome Hangar Trays