Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 151 to 181 of 181

Thread: New ACE Hangar Trays

  1. #151

    Default

    Which model ziploc weather tight storage tray are you using?

  2. #152

    Default

    I would have to check which one exactly but I think this is one of them:
    http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...age-Box-44-Qt/

    They make different ones. This larger one (if it is the right one) can take about 2 stacks of 10+" of foam each. There is a shorter one that is just under 6". One of each and you have over 27" of foam storage and room for rules and such. The rules, I printed scenarios and put them in a little binder, the thing for your plane's maneuvers and damage, other cardboard and plastic goodies and I have plenty of room for balloons when they come out. Plus I hope to get at least a few planes with rockets and no need for additional boxes.

    I have my plano for damage decks, tokens and litko stuff. It too fits right in the box. Since it isn't as tight as backpacks but still not terribly loose everything fits fine. I wouldn't turn it upside down though.

  3. #153

  4. #154

    Default

    OK, here's what I found today about WGS series 6 and AA trays:
    The Thunderbolt and the Bf-109K use the Fast Fighter tray (of course). The Karl is a bit loose, but you need the poker-sized cards slots for the maneuver deck.
    Both the Judy and the Dauntless fit in the Small 2-seater tray.

    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

  5. #155

    Default

    Thanks for the info Karl

  6. #156

    Default

    I've been away for a bit so I may have missed it. The new WWI planes. Do they fit in existing Hanger Trays? If you can, can you update the descriptions in the store.

    Of course if I missed the announcement please forgive and simply point me to it.

    Thank you,

  7. #157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    I've been away for a bit so I may have missed it. The new WWI planes. Do they fit in existing Hanger Trays? If you can, can you update the descriptions in the store.

    Of course if I missed the announcement please forgive and simply point me to it.

    Thank you,
    Nope you did not miss it, I've just not got around to checking them. But, you post prompted me to do so....

    Both the Sopwith and Albatros minis have to go in the Large 2 Seater tray. The Sopwith is a loose, but still safe. The Albatros is snug because the prop and the rear wing tips slightly touch the edges.

    The Nieuport fits in the Fighter and the Phönix is a snug fit in the Large Fighter. It's wing tips touch the edge, but not so much as to harm it. The Phönix will also fit in the 2 Seater tray. I think it fits better in the 2 Seater tray, but I'll probably keep mine with the Larger Fighters.
    I'm off to update the product descriptions now.

  8. #158

    Default

    I missed out on getting the standard size two-seater trays (got a couple of large 2-steater trays instead). But I did measure the Sopwith vs the Roland C-II. Seems like if the Roland would fit in the standard 2-seater tray, so should the Sopwith. Is there another issue, aside from size here?

  9. #159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    I missed out on getting the standard size two-seater trays (got a couple of large 2-steater trays instead). But I did measure the Sopwith vs the Roland C-II. Seems like if the Roland would fit in the standard 2-seater tray, so should the Sopwith. Is there another issue, aside from size here?
    It's the width Sopwith's wings from front to back. From the leading edge of the top wing to the trailing edge of the bottom wing, the Sopwith is 2~3mm wider then the Roland. You can physically make the Sopwith fit into the standard Two Seater tray, but it will not actually sit into the cutout. The tail has to be pushed down in there first and then the wings have to pressed down until they are wedged into the wing openings. Doing this means it is supported only by the tail and wedged in wings... the landing gear do not touch at all.

    They would probably be safe like this, but I'm not sure how years of rubbing the wings on the foam would effect either the leading edge paint or the cutout of the tray.

  10. #160

    Default

    Oh, of course...cord and stagger. Should have thought of that. Thanks for the clarification.

  11. #161

    CH_Brun's Avatar
    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Bruno Fortin
    Location
    Quebec
    Sorties Flown
    45
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default

    Does a new batch is scheduled?

  12. #162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CH_Brun View Post
    Does a new batch is scheduled?
    Yes, sometime in December they should be restocked.

  13. #163

    Boreas's Avatar
    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Philip
    Location
    North Island
    Sorties Flown
    127
    Join Date
    Jul 2016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Yes, sometime in December they should be restocked.
    HUzzah!

  14. #164

    Default

    Some of the trays are now back in stock. I'm still waiting for the manufacture to cut my last order of tray tops.

  15. #165

    Default

    WooHoo! Thanks for the update, Herr Oberst.

  16. #166

    Default

    Hoping to get some hanger trays for my Handley Page and Stakken. They are still showing 'Out of Stock'. Soon Come?

  17. #167

    Default

    Just an update, the trays are still in production at the factory I sent them some new designs (for a different game) and they have had some issues with the files. So that has held up the whole order.

  18. #168

    Default

    Ah, well, these things do happen.

  19. #169

  20. #170

    Default

    Woo, and also Hoo!

  21. #171

    Default

    Now if I only had some cash!
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

  22. #172

    Default

    Woo and Hoo and Order Placed

  23. #173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Woo and Hoo and Order Placed
    Ditto! Thanks, Keith!

  24. #174

    Default

    One thing I didn't see on any of the hangar tray product pages: the size of the trays themselves?

    I know they're mostly 1.25" thick, but the length and width dimensions are a mystery to me.

    I have standardized on the Battlefoam large tray (12" x 15.5") for all my storage boxes, but have need to purchase more WoG foam. Was hoping to finally get some now that they are in stock at the same time as I need some storage.

    EDIT: I dug around more in the various threads and found an old post that indicates they are (probably?) 7.5" x 13". Is that correct?

    EDIT EDIT: Has anyone tried these in Battlefoam Stacker Boxes? I measured mine and it appears to be 13.5" x 16" or so on the inside, so hopefully just enough to fit two of these trays side-by-side. Would be very nice, as I've already got a number of those boxes and despite their offensive price, they're quite nice to use.
    Last edited by surfimp; 04-20-2017 at 13:38.

  25. #175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surfimp View Post
    One thing I didn't see on any of the hangar tray product pages: the size of the trays themselves?

    I know they're mostly 1.25" thick, but the length and width dimensions are a mystery to me.

    I have standardized on the Battlefoam large tray (12" x 15.5") for all my storage boxes, but have need to purchase more WoG foam. Was hoping to finally get some now that they are in stock at the same time as I need some storage.

    EDIT: I dug around more in the various threads and found an old post that indicates they are (probably?) 7.5" x 13". Is that correct?

    EDIT EDIT: Has anyone tried these in Battlefoam Stacker Boxes? I measured mine and it appears to be 13.5" x 16" or so on the inside, so hopefully just enough to fit two of these trays side-by-side. Would be very nice, as I've already got a number of those boxes and despite their offensive price, they're quite nice to use.
    Hi Steve,

    My trays are indeed 13x7.5 inches. Do you have the large or medium Stacker Boxes?

  26. #176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Hi Steve,

    My trays are indeed 13x7.5 inches. Do you have the large or medium Stacker Boxes?
    The large ones. I'm thinking I'll order some of your trays and see if they fit!

    I have "designed" a custom tray layout that works nice for the Battlefoam large trays and holds 10 planes with their cards, but Battlefoam is asking $31 for each one - ouch!!

    I can get almost 3 of your trays for that money, with much better foam and a much nicer person/company to deal with.

    Thanks sir!
    Last edited by surfimp; 04-21-2017 at 09:07.

  27. #177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surfimp View Post
    The large ones. I'm thinking I'll order some of your trays and see if they fit!

    I have a custom tray layout that works nice for the Battlefoam large trays and holds 10 planes with their cards, but Battlefoam is asking $31 for each one - ouch!!

    I can get almost 3 of your trays for that money, with much better foam and a much nicer person/company to deal with.

    Thanks sir!
    With just about everyone of my products, I tried other companies first and decided that their quality to price ratio was not as good as I could make my self... so I started making them my self. This applies to the foam trays as well. Battlefoam has some nice (if expensive) bags, but their trays are no better than the average tray out there and they are way to expensive.

    Based on your measurements above, it looks like you will have .5" left on the long side and 1" left on the double stacked side. If you think you need or want them, I have blank trays that are 1" thick and two of the tray bottoms would make up the .5". We can work out a price for those extras if you decide you want to go that route.

  28. #178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Based on your measurements above, it looks like you will have .5" left on the long side and 1" left on the double stacked side. If you think you need or want them, I have blank trays that are 1" thick and two of the tray bottoms would make up the .5". We can work out a price for those extras if you decide you want to go that route.
    Sadly I just re-measured and the bottom of the stacker boxes is only 12.5" across (by about 16" long). So it looks like it won't work out after all (surely to Battlefoam's delight).

    Is there a current recommendation for a side-by-side bag or stackable/packable box for your trays?

  29. #179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surfimp View Post
    Sadly I just re-measured and the bottom of the stacker boxes is only 12.5" across (by about 16" long). So it looks like it won't work out after all (surely to Battlefoam's delight).

    Is there a current recommendation for a side-by-side bag or stackable/packable box for your trays?

    I have two 44 Qt Ziploc® Weathertight Storage Boxs. I can fit double stacked trays. It isn't terribly snug which is great since I use the extra room for the rules, player boards, etc... That even leaves room for a Plano box which I keeps my damage decks, tokens, Litko AA guns, etc. Really with my collection I only needed one box but, oops, I got a little carried away. So now I keep my balloons, giants and heavy bombers in a separate box. I had a custom tray made at Battle Foam that will hold four balloons so if/when Ares releases balloons I have room. so really the second box has plenty of room. If you needed them snug I'm sure you can work something out with Keith but the only need is if you turn them upside down, which I try not to do. They don't really jostle around.

    P.S. I should have said that I use Keith's Aerodrome hanger trays in the Ziploc container so we're on the same page.

    P.P.S. Old age must be setting in. I didn't realize I said the same thing a few posts up. Sorry for the double post.
    Last edited by Ken at Sunrise; 04-25-2017 at 10:39. Reason: clarification

  30. #180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surfimp View Post
    Sadly I just re-measured and the bottom of the stacker boxes is only 12.5" across (by about 16" long). So it looks like it won't work out after all (surely to Battlefoam's delight).

    Is there a current recommendation for a side-by-side bag or stackable/packable box for your trays?
    The only side-by-side bag that I know of is the Army Transport line.

  31. #181

    Default

    Keith,
    Any idea on when you will be getting more trays in. It shows you are out of fighter trays and I'm think about ordering more Spitfire MK1 and Hurricane MK1 for repaints.
    I'll be putting these in Game plus bags so your trays should fit.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234


Similar Missions

  1. Series 6 Hangar Trays
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-01-2013, 10:57
  2. A review of the WoG Aerodrome WW1 Hangar trays.
    By john snelling in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-07-2013, 15:48
  3. WGF Slightly used Hangar Trays
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 01:41
  4. Hangar Trays restocked.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 15:49
  5. WWII Miniatures Aerodrome Hangar Trays
    By Bartman in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 03:36

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •