Ares Games

Thread: Canberra Wintercon 2015

Smile Canberra Wintercon 2015

Will there be WoG or SoG? Just arranging my travel and hotel.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Will there be WoG or SoG? Just arranging my travel and hotel.
    G'day Mate!
    I presume Zoe will be arranging things as normal & I hope to be there.

Dont know about SoG but sure to be WoG!

Excellent, and thanks for the AWM info in your latest post too. I just love to visit that place. Pity we cannot get up close to that hanging Pfalz though.

Smile

Excellent, and thanks for the AWM info in your latest post too. I just love to visit that place. Pity we cannot get up close to that hanging Pfalz though.
    Hi Gary!
    You can get close to the nose from the Cafeteria which is where I took the photo of the Nose/Engine.
    Unfortunately as you can see from the photos the lighting is fairly dim on the Aircraft hung from the ceiling.
    I spent most of the day there & did not even get to the WW2, Korea, Vietnam & later sections.

http://www.cgs.asn.au/cancon/participation/

The following participation games will be available at Wintercon 2015 so far.

Wings of Glory WWI

Participation games will be held near the trader area. Look for the signs.
    We're in.

Wintercon 2015 will be held at Fitzroy Pavilion at Exhibition Park in Canberra.

The dates are:

Saturday 18th July and Sunday 19th July.

Smile

Well done Zoe!
    I plan to be there at least one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    Excellent. I will be there for both days. Thanks Zoe

I will be there for at least part of one day with the Little Fish.

They had a great time at Cancon and I'm sure they'll enjoy Wintercon just as much.

Looking forward to it!

Highace10

I'm in Wagga for a couple of weeks so I'll be able to make it. Be good to meet some people.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Highace10 View Post
    I'm in Wagga for a couple of weeks so I'll be able to make it. Be good to meet some people.

Alex
    Excellent! Any particular scenarios you'd like to try? Bombers? 1915 and the Fokker Scourge? The Wild Wild East?

Highace10

To be honest...I'm not fussed. I've only playes 5 games at this stage and 3 of them my mrs beat me �� Although the bombers look like fun

The wild east Zoe? Do you have of those big Russian bombers? Sounds intriguing. Really counting the days now. Did you want me to bring anything?

Gary

The wild east Zoe? Do you have of those big Russian bombers?
    These ones, you mean?

Name:  Photo0436.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  199.7 KB

Did you want me to bring anything?
    Just yourself, though feel free to bring any favourite aircraft.

I have a few official unofficial aircraft - plus most of the Ares/Nexus ones.

Highace10

Will there be a "for sale" table or something? Always looking to expand thr collection. I need some better aircraft so I can win a game against the Mrs

Quote Originally Posted by Highace10 View Post
    Will there be a "for sale" table or something? Always looking to expand thr collection. I need some better aircraft so I can win a game against the Mrs
    There will be a "bring and buy" table, but range will be limited.
    I'll see what I can do though. I can't sell anything, but I have some spares... my printer's misbehaving due to the subzero temperatures, so no promises I can make the cards for them.

Wow! or should I say WoG!

I might bring my old Halberstadt, it has more frequent flyer points than I do. I have been told to dig out the thermal undies so I am not expecting it to be warm. Maybe the gang should re-locate their game cons to Cairns
    Last edited by Baxter; 07-08-2015 at 14:04.

Question

Zoe I am still waiting on Chris (Halvo) to confirm we will be going on the Saturday.
    Chris is having some medical problems at the moment.
    If we make it can you use another German Balloon? Its an original Nexus one.

Thumbs up

Great news! I spoke with Chris today & its a goer.
    We will be there for the Saturday & will try to bring a couple more of our Games Club mates as well.

The more the merrier! I have 3 balloons - so should be OK.

I also have a number of Snoopy models... about 4 spare. So these will be distributed to the deserving (children get first pick, one per family).

If I can get my printer back into service, I'll see if I can provide C decks too.

I might bring my old Halberstadt, it has more frequent flyer points than I do.
    A D.II? I'm sure some opponents - N.11, N.17, DH.2 etc can be arranged. And some allies, Alb D.I, Fokker E.III and D.I... plus some 2-seaters.

Zoe do not base anything one me and my old Halberstadt DIII. I would be more than happy to fly that Eastern front battle with those giant bombers

I reckon they would be a real magnet for anyone interested in getting started in the game. Looking forward to being there.

Gary

Zoe do not base anything one me and my old Halberstadt DIII. I would be more than happy to fly that Eastern front battle with those giant bombers
    This was "as well as" not "instead of". Wild Wild East fights with 5-6 different sides are always popular.

Similar Missions

1. National: Empoli Games 2015 - 3/4 ottobre 2015
    By Warlock in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 22:38
  2. Wintercon 2014
    By Zoe Brain in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-21-2014, 12:58
  3. NASA Canberra
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 2