Ares Games

Thread: WWI aircraft books for sale

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Default WWI aircraft books for sale

Hello, all!

A friend of mine passed away this past Summer - he was a retired USAF Colonel who flew F-4s and F-111s, and after he retired he went to work for Continental Airlines, flying and training pilots. ANYWAY, his widow is now dealing with downsizing his considerable accumulation of all sorts of things - in our local modelling group, he was known as the "Stuffmeister" due to his habit of amassing so many and varied things - books, models, figures, modelling supplies - you name it and he probably had it, sometimes in multiples.

There are shelves and shelves and stacks and stacks of books, and I thought some here might have an interest. Here are the WWI aircraft titles that I pulled; all of these are paperback/soft cover versions.

Osprey 'Richthofen's Circus' JG Nr. I by Greg VanWyngarden (Aviation Elite 16) $13
    Jagdgeschwader Nr II Geschwader 'Berthold' by Greg VanWyngarden (Aviation Elite 19) $13
    Pusher Aces of WWI by Jon Guttman (AotA 88) $12 SOLD
    American Aces of WWI by Norman Franks (AotA 42) $12 SOLD
    Sopwith Triplane Aces of WWI by Norman Franks (AotA 62) $12 SOLD
    British Fighter Units Western Front 1914-16 by Alex Revell (Airwar 14) $12
    British Fighter Units Western Front 1917-18 by Alex Revell (Airwar 18) $12
    German Armored Warplanes of WWI by Jack Herris $13 SOLD
    DeHavilland Aircraft of WWI Vol. 1 DH1 - DH4 by Colin Owers (Great War Aircraft in Profile 5) $20 SOLD
    Junkers J.1 by P M Grosz (Windsock Datafile 39) $5 SOLD
    Sopwith Snipe by J M Bruce (Windsock Datafile 46) $5 SOLD
    Albatros DV/DVa at War Vol. 1 by C A Owens (Windsock Datafile 151) $5 SOLD
    Vol. 2 (Windsock Datafile 152) $5 SOLD
    Brandenburg W.29 by P M Grosz (Windsock Datafile 55) $5 SOLD
    Building the Wingnut Wings Fokker DVII by Ray Rimell (Windsock Modelling Special 3) $13 SOLD
    Building the Wingnut Wings Albatros Dv/Dva by Ray Rimell (Windsock Modelling Special 2) #10 SOLD
    Albatros DI-DVa Legendary Fighter by Tomasz J Kowalski (Legends of Aviation 6005) $20 SOLD

I'm off to the post office to find out information on shipping costs - I hope the USPS still has some sort of inexpensive 'book rate' - or maybe their flat rate will work. Your cost would include book price above plus shipping.

Please let me know if you have any interest in any of these. I also have about 3 times as many WW2 titles to list and post, but I thought I'd do those in their own thread. I hope to get those onto the forum in the next day or two. And there are still more at his home - I'll get to those in the coming week...

All the best,
    Matt
    Last edited by matt56; 04-11-2015 at 14:41. Reason: items no longer available

Bumped.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Harry;
    I'd like to buy the Junkers J.I and the Brandenburg W.29 windsocks.
    Are you hooked up with paypal? You could just bring them to origins, or if I get to the Soldiery on the 12th or May ?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I'll put you down for them, Karl. I do have PayPal, but I've only ever paid with it - I've never received any payments...I assume it's pretty straight-forward, though...

I can handle it however you'd like - If you can wait until Origins I'd be happy to bring them, or maybe I could get up to the Soldiery before that for a game when you're planning on being there. It would be great to see you again. Hope you had a good vacation after our game at the Cask Room!

All the best,
    Matt

It was productive; got most of the target room sanded, so now the edges, and then the polyurethane
    As I understand, paying into paypal adds to your account, so it will be used when you pay with paypal first.
    There must be a way to retrieve the funds, but I haven't looked into that.
    Karl'
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

SWMBO has an account and has done that sort of thing before - I shall ask how one best does that sort of thing. She's home tomorrow from Spring Break with our younger son - I'll PM you tomorrow with details.

Glad to hear your break was productive. Mine's this coming week, and other than having a ton of papers to grade, I hope to get some little planes and other things closer to completion!

All the best,
    Matt

Lightbulb

Paypal can pay incoming amounts into your Bank account the same as they pay from it provided you are not just using a credit card.

Similar Missions

1. WGS Early WGS aircraft for sale
    By Guntruck in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2014, 17:35
  2. WW1 aircraft books
    By Trumpet in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 12:48
  3. Revell 1/144 WW2 aircraft on sale
    By Rat of Vengence in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 30