Ares Games

Thread: Minnesota Duty Report

Lochinvar

Default Minnesota Duty Report

Hello, All -

I am new to the Aerodrome, and new, or rather re-cycled, to WWI Wings miniatures. Long ago, when my son was not yet born, I acquired the three "Wings of War" sets (Famous Aces, Watch Your Back, and Burning Drakens), but could not quite convince my wife to join me in the kitchen-table skies. So the lovely cards and boxes stayed unused for these many years . . .

Now, my son is giddily playing "Star Wars: X-Wing," and playing with him gave rise to introducing him to the miniature"Wings," too. We don't have any of the lovely little planes yet (though some should arrive next week, courtesy of the Aerodrome Shop!), but the simple card sets will do for now.

We look forward to being part of the Aerodrome, and with luck and planning seeing some of you at The Source here in the Cities.

Cheers!

Lochinvar

(We have no "Minnesota" prefix yet, that I could see, but my apologies if I missed it.)

On behalf of the Squadrons based over the pond here in Dear old Blighty, welcome to the Drome Lindsay.
    You sound as if you will fit in well here. Family gaming is fun and cements your relationship for a lifetime.
    I expect some of your buddies over in the States will be along to welcome you soon.
    Till then fly safe and watch your six.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thumbs up

G'day Lindsay & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.

This is a great family game & remember "the Family that plays together, stays together"! LoL!

Lots of great info available here to help you enjoy WoG even more.

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard to Lindsay.

Welcome to the Drome from Cape Cod.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Lindsay.
    If your son likes x-wing, he will enjoy Wings of Glory.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Lindsay, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by BBSuds View Post
    Welcome to the Aerodrome, Lindsay.
    If your son likes x-wing, he will enjoy Wings of Glory.
    Indeed! Spending some table top time with your son is priceless.

Welcome to the Drome Lindsay, browse around and enjoy!

Hello Lindsay - welcome to the 'drome from here in the UK

Welcome Lindsay, from Middlesex in the U.K.

welcome to the drome Lindsay!!!!

Welcome to the Drome, Lindsay! I, too, started way back with Wings of Glory. Congrats on seducing your son with the power of the Light side!

Gah
    Last edited by Warhawk; 04-12-2015 at 16:52. Reason: double post, deleted

Welcome to the Drome Lindsay!

Welcome Lindsay, from Middlesex (for the second time) It's a great source of Information, Help, and Friendship, good luck with your "Flying" Drew

Welcome, Lindsay, from the fledgling Bluegrass Aerodrome.

tsalyards

Hello! My name is Tad. I live in Minneapolis and have been playing WoG for quite some time now along with similar games like X-Wing. I'm keen to start contributing to a discussion about developing an alternative dice-augmented damage system for WoG. The plan and maneuver mechanics of WoG are quite innovative but I find the card-based damage system to be slow and unwieldy. I see that some others are talking about this in the forum and I'm keen to help out.

Welcome to the Drome Tad. If you search the threads there a good discussion on a dice based damage system. You can find one here.
    You will find most here prefer to stay away from dice though.
    Last edited by Teaticket; 04-24-2015 at 12:19.

Welcome to the Drome from the U.K. Squadrons Tad.
    As you have discovered I have enabled your full posting rights today.
    Fly safe and watch your six.
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Brian (Grey)
    Sorties Flown

Howdy from a former-Minnesotan!

Your planes won't need skis, here (unless you want them).

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Welcome to the 'drome from the western tip of the Bluegrass. Glad you came back after all these years.

Welcome! I survived five years in Minnesota then moved to the UP for a bit of warm : ) Careful with the kids in these games, they can become obsessed - both of my sons now live in New Zealand and work as game designers and writers . . . where did I go wrong . . . imagine working for your favorite game for a living! Enjoy!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Tad, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom.

Hi,

I am new to the game and live in Shakopee MN. Ping me if you want to take to the skies and play.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Welcome to Everyone whose just joined the Aerodrome from across The Pond. It is great to have everyone on board and your hours of enjoyment here have well and truly started.

I can think of a few Aerodrome Members who also enjoy playing X-Wing and if you search for them a number of threads about it are available on here. Also many Wives / Spouses and in a number of cases families have become involved in playing Wings of Glory based on it's appeal and versatility as a Wargame. Both WW1 / WGF and WW2 / WGS versions of Wings of Glory too.

Welcome All

Hi again Mike.
    I was afraid we had scared you off when you never answered all the welcome messages from your first post last year.
    Glad to see I was wrong. I'm sure you will soon find someone to take you on.
    if not you can always have a look at our Solo campaign games and see if you fancy any of those to tide you over.
    In the meantime fly safe.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. National: Minnesota Pilots
    By wbfritze in forum US Wing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-19-2015, 12:29