Ares Games

Thread: Two-seater to go

Default Two-seater to go

Hello fellow pilots,

maybe you can help me out here. Which first Central Powers' two-seater would you recommend to a newbie player? Currently I think I'll be going for the Hannover CL.IIIa. Is this a good choice? How does the W-Deck perform compared to the V-Deck of a Halberstadt CL.II or a K-Deck of a Roland C.II?

Thanks!

Hi Dennis
    If you have a choice, I would buy the Rumpler C.IV (K manoeuvre deck).
    It has a longer in-service period and it climbs very well for a 2 seater.
    You should examine the WWI "Files" on this site; there is a lot of very useful and correct information.
    Ciao, Bruce

If you're looking at just flying and shooting, I'd go for the Halberstadt; currently available (I think), and a good dogfighter.
    For missions, it depends on what you want to do. I enjoy flying the Rumpler, and have been successful with it.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Hi Dennis
    If you have a choice, I would buy the Rumpler C.IV (K manoeuvre deck).
    It has a longer in-service period and it climbs very well for a 2 seater.
    You should examine the WWI "Files" on this site; there is a lot of very useful and correct information.
    Ciao, Bruce
    I agree with Bruce Rumpler is a good all rounder. My personal fave is Albatross CIII

I can't find the Rumpler C.IV and/or the Albatros C.III in Ares' range. Are these "old" Nexus planes?

Found the Rumpler. Too bad.

But the Albatros is coming back to Ares, so I think I'll wait and see.

The Alb C.III will be a new model by Ares when it comes Dennis. You can still find Rumplers from time to time - they are great looking models.
    No-one has a W deck yet but if it is as proposed it will be slightly better than the V deck as it has a 90 deg turn left & right - both are slightly better than the K deck as that does not have the immelmann turn - all are the same speed though.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

So, the Hannover CL.IIIa with its W-Deck will have the Immelmann Turn, right?

Yep, it's derived from the Q deck, just at a slower speed.
    Check out the files section here for a deck breakdown

I hope you don't mind my (newbie) asking, but is the Immelmann Turn important for a two-seater with such a large firing arc?

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtschwärmer View Post
    I hope you don't mind my (newbie) asking, but is the Immelmann Turn important for a two-seater with such a large firing arc?
    From the point of view of game-playing, and hence, decision-making, more options are always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtschwärmer View Post
    Not so much but when your observer is flopping about dead in his cockpit you might be glad of it and it means you can fly it more like a fighter to get the front guns on a target or maybe to cut back and strafe something.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Two seater damage
    By Doc R in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-25-2014, 13:49
  2. General 2-Seater/3-Seater Poll
    By Mike W in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 06:57
  3. Help with 2 seater miniatures
    By Scott in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-28-2010, 11:00
  4. Early two seater, what would they be?
    By Nilliom in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 05:56
  5. Richthofens Two seater?
    By Seiseki in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 09:33