Ares Games

Thread: Glenn L. Martin Museum

Default Glenn L. Martin Museum

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/df8b11...56c08bbfb9.jpg

Received this today from the G. L. Martin Museum located in Middle River Maryland. I saw the Memphis Belle there 2 years ago so this should be a good one.

The Commemorative Air Force is bringing in Fifi, the last flying B-29, and several other World War II-era aircraft for the weekend. Take photos, or buy a ride. There will be lots of other activities May 16, when we honor Rosie the Riveters on Armed Forces Day.

I am trying to get the whole flyer but the dates are 14 - 17 May. These are the same dates as the Wings Over the Beach weekend in Va. Beach.

http://mdairmuseum.org/page6/

Here is a link to their calendar page. Go to May and you will see that CAF will have a few planes there that weekend.
    Last edited by BobP; 03-27-2015 at 16:59.

Thumbs up

More WW2 joy for our US members.

Lucky Buggers!

I assume this is at least a portion of the planes that will be overflying DC the weekend before. Unfortunately, the calender goves me no more useful information. If there's a list of planes perhaps you could pase it to the thread...

Oh to be in Maryland now that spring is here.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Todd I went to the CAF site and didn't see anything specific. The Martin site didn't say much either. I know that at Reading they have FIFI/a small liaison plane, C-17 I think/B-24 (Witch Craft)/B-25. This event is the same weekend as the Wings Over the Beach in Va Beach. This is a great event (see my album for photos). The other event is the one in Reading PA in June. That is the first time I saw FIFI and this is another great event. A day trip for you as Reading isn't that far. I visit my sister and she is about 40 miles from there.
    Last edited by BobP; 03-30-2015 at 12:10.

Similar Missions

1. General Martin Maryland.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-05-2020, 11:17
  2. Glenn L. Martin Museum
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 04:20
  3. Martin Museum planes
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0