Ares Games

Thread: Looking For Pluck Foam

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

Default Looking For Pluck Foam

Does anyone have a good source for pick and pluck foam in the US? By "good" I mean cheap.

My traditional storage solution of cotton balls and Altoid tins in a toolbag isn't working so well for me since purchasing the new Breguets.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

Other storage suggestions are welcome too.

I'm also sort of looking at Army Transport cases, but having never seen one I hesitate because I don't know how many planes it'll end up holding. Something that can safely store a balloon or two and a reasonable number (ideally one of each but I'd settle for 10-20) of planes + decks together would be great. Something that can do that for ~$50 or less would be perfect.

Right now the idea is to find cube/pluck foam to fit the bag I'm already using, but Google seems to be telling me that it'll be nearly as expensive as getting one of these Army Transport bags.

LeBru, have a look at the foam trays I will be offering in the near future. They will fit the Army Transport bags.

Here is a thread I started a while back showing my S&S Design bag and trays to transport my planes. That bag is no longer made, but an Army Transport MkII and their Platoon bag due much the same and give a few more options for what to take to the game store.

Here is a PowerPoint file I made with the correct size for all the planes (up to series 3 I think) and the trays laid out so that you can try out different layouts with out having to pluck any foam until you are ready.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

Oh those look great! Any idea on price and an availability date?

One day I'll get around to ordering from your store. Problem is that I keep waiting on new things to come available so I can do it in one order ... and that list likely grows again.

Yeah, and I have more supplier delays further pushing your order back

I'm hoping to have the prototype trays in hand in the next week or so. Then it should be pretty quick to have the production ones up for sell. Price has not been set yet, but some where between $10-$15 per tray is the target range.

Hi Jeremy! I have at least one (maybe two) extra Army Transport cases that was thinking about putting up on the classified section of the site. Could probably let them go for $25 a piece as they are almost brand new.

The thread the Colonel posted has pictures of my foam and planes, with the Army transport case.

Cheers!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

I'm assuming you mean to sell them without the foam ... ?

Either way I'd probably be interested or would know someone who would be. I didn't even realize there was a classified section ...

edit: and look at that, there's a "classified" link staring right at me center top of every page.

Similar Missions

1. Outrider Hobbies / Aerodrome Accessories custom WoW foam trays
    By KiltedWolf in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 14:52
  2. KR Multicase Foam Trays
    By NeilCFord in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 14:48
  3. Figures in Comfort Foam Trays
    By NeilCFord in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 55