Ares Games

Thread: WANTED – Aerodrome decals

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Default WANTED – Aerodrome decals

I wondered if anybody had unused sets of either of the decals that were once produced and sold here through the Aerodrome shop. There was a sheet for a naval camel squadron and another sheet covering some of the Jasta 5 planes. I missed out and would really like to have them.

The Jasta 5 were never completed, the Naval camel decals not been available for a while now..
    I have a word doc with some jasta 5 cards and decals if you want to make your own.
    One of the Naval camel was released as a repaint, Stackards

As an aside, 1/144 direct does two sets of decals for Naval 10 , blue and white stripes and red and white stripes.
    set YK45

I have been hoping that these decals will re-appear at some point.
    I managed to buy 3 repaint Naval camels direct from Keith from the AA site, to accompany Stackard, but I don't think any have been listed since then.

There was definitely talk that the RNAS 10 decals would be updated to replace Stackard and re-issued, but that was years ago. DomsDecals also had a set in the works that was backburnered and abandoned. Admittedly theprime window for these decal sets has passed, but I'd still buy them in a heartbeat if they were released.

BTW, how did the decal set color match compared to the Ares Stackard?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    The Jasta 5 were never completed, the Naval camel decals not been available for a while now..
    I have a word doc with some jasta 5 cards and decals if you want to make your own.
    One of the Naval camel was released as a repaint, Stackards
    That's very kind of you – I'd definitely be interested in the Jasta 5 resource you have. (PM on it's way.) I knew I should have bought the Camel decal, but thank you also – I'll check out 1/144 direct for their sheets. I have bought things from ebay before and found that I have to use the decal as a guide as they have printed with the dithering (dots) showing. I get the decal down and sealed then using very thin paint I paint over the top to hide the dots. If I could get myself a bit better organised I could produce decal sheets but it's always time, or lack of it.

Hi Tim, if you check out the Entente/Sqn painting thread I have the Naval camels on show, showing both flights using Matts 1/144 Direct Decals.
    Seen your
    PM will dig out the resource tomorrow

Similar Missions

1. WGF WGF - Wanted
    By P-51D in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-17-2014, 07:38
  2. WGF Wanted
    By Doug in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2013, 17:14
  3. Decals wanted