Ares Games

Thread: AAR Mission 5 Kanakamf 25th July

Default AAR Mission 5 Kanakamf 25th July

Misson 5 Bob ETO Kanalkampf

RAF
    64 Sqd Spitfires. B Flight. Yellow section.
    1 Flt Lt John Morrison SH R Veteran
    2 Flt Sgt Henry Wilken SH S Standard.

56 Sqd Hurricanes. C Flight. Blue section.
    Cpt Ron Curtis US V Veteran
    Luftwaffe'
    2 xJu87
    2 x Me109.
    " 2 Stukas ahead Sir, 3 miles and closing" Wilkins called out to his Flight .
    "Payback time , but keep an eye on the fuel gauge H , You take the right "
    "Got you Sir"
    " And H, keep sharp for returnng fighters, "
    "Wilco"
    The Spitfires closed rapidly on the slow flying Stukas. unaware of 2 109s coming in on their starboard side. 1 109 spots the Hurricane and peels off to attack the second homes in on Wilkins. Stuka 12 Immell into the on coming Spitfire of Wilkins firing as he pulls out (0) Wilkins reply is more accurate (6) The Flight leader hits his Stuka as it turns, Sections of cowling fall away and a white wisp of smoke plumes from its engine (3,3+eng)
    Curtis and an ME109 engage the 109s cannons tearing into the Hurricanes tail (2,3,5+LRD) The Browning's clipping the Germans wing (0,3) Morrison hits the slowing Stuka again as it attempts to break away. Wilkins deftly side slips passed his target before banking right

Curtis Immels and Morrison continue the destruction of his target (1,4) while avoiding the rear gunners attempts to bring him down. His final burst finishing the bomber off (2,3) Kill Morrison Wilkins feels rounds striking his fuselage as he turns (3)
    Curtis and the 109 bear down on each other while Yellow section manoever round on the Stuka and other 109. The last Stuka heads for the coastline hoping his fighter cover will protect his escape Planes flash past as the sky becomes a turmoult of machines each trying to gain an advantage , however small, over their opponant. Curtis gets an angle on a 109 watching as pieces fall from the plane (6,2)
    The 2 Spitfires close in on the 87. Wilkins is hit twice by the rear gunner (3) (3) but a short burst sees the 87s rudder badly damaged (4+ LRD) His second burst and flames erupt (3+flames)
    Morrison is bounced by a fighter, his engine temp climbs and smoke pours from the cowling(5+ Smoke) Curtis tails and hits the 109 again (1) and with what must be the last of his ammo brings down the fighter (5) Kill Curtis
    Wilkins finishes off the Stuka, (3,2)watching the crew bail out ito the Channel. Kill Wilkins
    Lt Morrison came over the RC
    " Heading for home Henry ,Cover my wing theres a good chap"
    " See him below you Sir, Hurricane at your 6 so you should be good"
    Turning for home Morrison is followed by the remaining RAF planes . Checking his fuel guage the 109 piot makes a quick calcultion,. Climbing he catches up with Yellow 1 . What was smoke becomes flames (3 3+smoke,0) and the fear of all pilots began to enter his mind.
    The Luftwaffe pilot feels the rounds from Curtis hit the fuselage (2) Looking round he sees a pair of enemy planes . Looking at his low fuel guage and the distance to the coast he makes a decission. No Channel Sickness for him today, Banking sharply left he catches a glimps of a parachute from the falling Spitfire as he glides on fumes to the French coast the RAF pilots hoping to reach the Dover Cliffs before they too fell into the cold Channel.

Result

RAF
    64 Sqd Spitfires. B Flight. Yellow section.
    1 Flt Lt John Morrison SH R Veteran SD/Fire/sea. 1 Kill
    2 Flt Sgt Henry Wilken SH S Standard. RTB 1 Kill

56 Sqd Hurricanes. C Flight. Blue section.
    Cpt Ron Curtis US V Veteran RTB 1 Kill

Dice rolls please Dave for my gallant flight leader.
    Luftwaffe'
    2 xJu87 SD
    1 x Me109 SD

Sorry chaps but computer really died with the photos on the HD. Great little mission . loved it to death

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Great read there Paul. Nice tally for the boys. Need to get sorted and back flying sorties myself.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Nice one, Paul.

You chased the Stukas down and killed a Messerschmitt for the loss of one Spitfire.

Weel done.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Lt Morrison pressed the RC switch....
    " Heading for home Henry ,Cover my wing there's a good chap"
    " See him below you Sir? Hurricane at your 6 so you should be good"
    Turning for home Morrison was followed by the 2 RAF planes .
    Checking his fuel gauge the ME109 pilot made a quick calculation. Climbing he caught up with Yellow 1. Bullets thudded into the fuselage as Morrison heard...
    "Break, break, break. Bandit behind, bandit behind".
    Too late for John Morrison, as the ME109, low on fuel headed back home and away from danger, flames started to lick along the fuselage towards the cockpit.
    "What rotten luck chaps, not going to make it home after all. Get clear this is going to be a close one".
    John Morrison hauled back on the stick and put the spitfire into a near vertical climb hoping the speed and wind would put the flames out. It was not to be.
    On his return to the airfield Sgt Henry Wilkins could only add to his after combat report that the last he saw of John Morrison was his spitfire in a vertical climb and then a massive explosion as the spitfire exploded. No parachute was reported.

Lt John Morrison was posted later as MIA.

Scratch another good pilot . Can I have his kill for the other brave boys

Got a replacement in the form of Flt Lt Jon Anderson . Reporting for duty at your conveniance.

Paul you must let me finish the story....did you see me post any rolls?

"Come on girl, climb, climb" Morrison willed the spitfire to climb to a safe altitude. Then the engine just died and as the spitfire pitched over backwards he slipped the canopy back and just fell out of the cockpit. He knew he had to fall a safe distance before pulling the rip cord. He could Wilkins and the Hurricane heading for home. He could also see the ME109 that had shot him down peel and dive away heading for France. Low on fuel he thought to himself...lucky me!
    The explosion when it happened was far below him. He was glad he hadn't pulled the chord yet as the explosion would have damaged the chute, delicate as it was. His beloved Spit fell away in flames and splashed into the channel far below. 'No time to dawdle John me lad. Time to get wet. Morrison pulled the chord, checked all round and drifted down to a soft splash in the channel not far from where his plane had nose dived in, well what was left of her.

It took the rescue launch about an hour to reach him. Unfortunately they couldn't inform anyone of his safe return to earth as their radio was not working. To make matters worse they were heading inshore off France to pick up the crew of a bomber that had sent out a mayday before their radio packed in.

It would be some time before Lt John Morrison would return to his squadron but that is another story altogether.

Flt Lt John Morrison: SD/Fire/sea
    rolled: 4-1 sea = 3 = bailed out WIA
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4808191/
    WIA rolled: 3 = miss 1 scenario
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4808193/

(Oh yee of little faith Paul, little faith).

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Paul you must let me finish the story....did you see me post any rolls?

"Come on girl, climb, climb" Morrison willed the spitfire to climb to a safe altitude. Then the engine just died and as the spitfire pitched over backwards he slipped the canopy back and just fell out of the cockpit. He knew he had to fall a safe distance before pulling the rip cord. He could Wilkins and the Hurricane heading for home. He could also see the ME109 that had shot him down peel and dive away heading for France. Low on fuel he thought to himself...lucky me!
    The explosion when it happened was far below him. He was glad he hadn't pulled the chord yet as the explosion would have damaged the chute, delicate as it was. His beloved Spit fell away in flames and splashed into the channel far below. 'No time to dawdle John me lad. Time to get wet. Morrison pulled the chord, checked all round and drifted down to a soft splash in the channel not far from where his plane had nose dived in, well what was left of her.

It took the rescue launch about an hour to reach him. Unfortunately they couldn't inform anyone of his safe return to earth as their radio was not working. To make matters worse they were heading inshore off France to pick up the crew of a bomber that had sent out a mayday before their radio packed in.

It would be some time before Lt John Morrison would return to his squadron but that is another story altogether.

Flt Lt John Morrison: SD/Fire/sea
    rolled: 4-1 sea = 3 = bailed out WIA
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4808191/
    WIA rolled: 3 = miss 1 scenario
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4808193/

(Oh yee of little faith Paul, little faith).
    Guilty as charged Glad to see him back in the mess , will have to chase down the boys who got his kit bag contents though.

Posted Flt Lt Jon Anderson in as a spare pilot

Nice story Paul told very entertainingly. It actually did not matter about the pictures, but don't let on I said that or everyone will stop posting them.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Neil I loved your cliff hanger of a sequel and the final rounding off of the outcome.
    You naughty boy.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. AAR BoB Scenario 5: Kanalkampf. 25th July 1940 (Marechallannes)
    By Marechallannes in forum Fire in the Skies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-24-2015, 14:07
  2. BRF Battle of Britain Scenario 5: Kanalkampf. 25th July 1940
    By Marechallannes in forum Fire in the Skies
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-29-2015, 12:36
  3. BRF The Final Months - Mission 10: The Breakthrough! 25th August 1918
    By Nightbomber in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 12:13
  4. AAR Mission 10: BreakthroughBreakthrough - 25th August 1918 - by Nightbomber
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 07:38
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 16:58