Ares Games

Thread: TravellerconUSA 2015

Default TravellerconUSA 2015

I suspect one or two of you might be fans of the old sfrpg Traveller. If so, and you are in the US Mid-Atlantic region (or have money to spend on travel), you may want to join us for Travellercon 2015.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...1-october-2015

It's a small, friendly con, with a small crowd of folks with a true love for the game. And, not only is their rpging to be had, there are also some Traveller themed space battle games, and the possibility of some ground combat games, too.

I am familiar with the Lancaster hotel where the con will be held. Only played Traveller a few times. As with many games a great game in its time and now I bet.

It's a familiar establishment, to be sure. The folks running the show are reenactor friends of mine, as well as gamers. It's always cool to find friends with interests that overlap.

It's the game where I got to utter the Dread Phrase: "What's the targeting mod for the house?" >;)

Funny!

The last time I played, I ran the classic Traveller adventure Chamax Plague. It's basically a bug hunt. The guys went down into the bug lair, got ambushed, and had to fight their way out. One of the characters was an ace with his laser rifle. So he was the anchor in their fighting retreat. Things were going well, until one of the other characters took a hit. It was then that they decided to change tactics, and go into "last stand" mode. I, as GM, was feeling gutsy, so I did something I don't usually do. "Your chance of missing is next to zero," I said to the player with the laser rifle. "Roll 2d6 66 times, and if you manage to avoid snake eyes, you will prevail."

When he got to fifty with no snake eyes, we were all amazed. Suffice to say, he managed to pull it off, and it has become one of those "remember the time" stories we now tell around the table.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post
    When he got to fifty with no snake eyes, we were all amazed. Suffice to say, he managed to pull it off, and it has become one of those "remember the time" stories we now tell around the table.
    Yes, but was he quoting Hudson from _Aliens_ as he did so? >;)

Similar Missions

1. National: Empoli Games 2015 - 3/4 ottobre 2015
    By Warlock in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 22:38
  2. DONCASTER 2015
    By Hedeby in forum Doncaster 2015
    Replies: 336
    Last Post: 09-07-2015, 03:29
  3. British Columbia: GottaCon 2015 - 27 Feb - 2 Mar 2015
    By OldGuy59 in forum Canadian Wing
    Replies: 61