Ares Games

Thread: Quality Control (series 4)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

Default Quality Control (series 4)

So I just received a few series 4 minis (ordered online) and one of the Breguets is missing its rear gun while another is missing its front gun. Has anyone experienced any similar issues? Does anyone know if FFG or Nexus will replace them or should I check with the online retailer for replacement pieces/planes?

Also, looking online it seems like all of the Breguets have rear guns on the model but none have forward guns? Which is strange because one of mine definitely has a forward gun. I figure the images I'm seeing may just be mock-ups and that all models should have both ... ?

I just received my order today that included three Breguets. I took a closer look at them after reading your post and checked my reference books. All three have a forward firing Vickers molded on the model. It is mounted on the left side and oddly looks white in color instead of the usual black or silver. The American Breguet has twin rear Lewis guns and has a B/A gun rating. One French Breguet has twin rear Lewis guns and an additional forward firing wing mounted Lewis gun. It has an A/A gun rating. The other French Breguet has a single rear Lewis gun and has B/B gun rating.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Desaix
    Sorties Flown

They have different weapons as they deal different damages I guess:

A/B dmg - K Deck - WW23G Breguet BR.14 B2 de Greffier & Marseille France
    B/B dmg - K Deck - WW23H Breguet BR.14 B2 Grebil & Carron France
    B/B dmg - K Deck - WW23i Breguet BR.14 B2 Browning & Duke USA

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

Uploading a photo
    Attached Images  

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

The Grebil & Carron model's correct then (since it shouldn't / didn't have the wing Lewis, just the Vickers on the port side of the fuselage) but the De Greffier & Marseille one is faulty.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

Thank you for confirming that. Now to figure out what to do about it... Has anyone dealt with a similar issue that could save me time by pointing me to the right people?

Name
    Don
    Sorties Flown

Better contact the guy you bought them from.
    If they are a reputable business they should help you out.
    BTW, all my models have all the guns, must be a fluke you got a bad one?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

It must be. I didn't realize that the A/A one—the one that's missing the rear gun—is the only one that has a forward gun on the wing. When I opened the other one and saw it had a rear but not a front it seemed like it couldn't just be a coincidence that I got two defects (that it might be a something more people were experiencing). Glad to know it was just one and that I just have bad luck.

I've sent emails out. Hopefully I'll hear something today.

That's why 2-seaters don't do Immelmans...

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

Just a quick update in case anyone has had similar problems:

I contacted both the seller (CoolStuffInc) and Fantasy Flight Games. The seller suggested that I speak with someone at FFG, but added that if they couldn't help me he would be happy to replace the miniatures.

The person at FFG that assisted me was very nice and very helpful, and all in all it was by far one of the best online customer service experiences I've ever had. All they needed were photos and some basic information and I was sent a replacement mini ... which arrived today.

Not a bad deal. Although it doesn't have a rear gun visible, you have a second usable model.

All they needed were photos and some basic information and I was sent a replacement mini ... which arrived today.
    Glad you got sorted - I have a very loose stand/base for one of my balloons that causes it to lean at a 45 degree angle when in play. My LGS contacted the suppliers and, after I sent in photos, they said they're happy to replace it but the balloon busting boxed set is out of stock and I have to wait until it comes back in so they can get a new base and stand for me. That was 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting...

I've noticed that some of the series 4 minis I've bought are a bit hit and miss on the quality and placement of the decals. But its not been a major problem as I'm re-painting them.

Glad you got it all straightened out. Col. Hajj said that CoolStuffInc had great customer service, and your situation is proof positive. Nice to know they are there to quickly and pleasantly take care of any problems that might occur.

Scott

If I remember right, the SE5a should have a two-blade airscrew. What should I think about those four-blade fighters (Dallas and Bishop)? I hesitate to use my sharp knife...

I also read about Boudwin's fighter - American SE5as lacked the upper machine gun during the war, and those Lewises were installed right after the Armistices. That's why the plane package includes two cards, with A damage and B damage - I didn't notice that tiny detail for quite a long time. Historical factors are very important for me, but I really can't cut off the Lewis, hih.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

The SE5a came with both 2 and 4-blade props, depends which engine and when it was in use, so check your unit before chopping....

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    If I remember right, the SE5a should have a two-blade airscrew. What should I think about those four-blade fighters (Dallas and Bishop)? I hesitate to use my sharp knife...

I also read about Boudwin's fighter - American SE5as lacked the upper machine gun during the war, and those Lewises were installed right after the Armistices. That's why the plane package includes two cards, with A damage and B damage - I didn't notice that tiny detail for quite a long time. Historical factors are very important for me, but I really can't cut off the Lewis, hih.
    Any game you play with the American SE5a wouldn't be historical since there were only a couple of uneventful missions flown the few days it was in service, without the Lewis, before the Armistice. Undoubtedly the squadron would have seen some combat if the war went on a little longer and the SE5a would have had the Lewis.

Thanks for the help!

So far I have found out that Bishop's 1904 should have a two-blade airscrew, the others are fine.

Hmmm, just received through post a Pfalz (Hohn's) with the wing detached. The other 3 planes that came with it were OK though. I've bought every series so far and this is the first one I've had trouble with.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I opened a Snipe yesterday that I bought last week to start getting it ready to put some of Dom's decals on, I think it had a bit of a crash while the Ferry Pilot was bringing it to me. The tail and undercarrige are off centre and the decals are all over the place and torn on the tail. I decided to keep it as it gives it a used look to say the least and the decals are being replaced anyway.

Similar Missions

1. Control Cards
    By krolik in forum Polls
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 06:46
  2. Flight of the Giants quality control issues
    By Air Battle Mgr in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 19:44
  3. Quality of Miniatures
    By BrunoStachel in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 33