Ares Games

Thread: New from F Toys

Thumbs up New from F Toys

TWIN-ENGINE AIRCRAFT COLLECTION4 is being listed on Hobby Collective. It has Beaufighter in two MK`s ,ME-410`s and Ki-48 Lilly i believe.

Rich

http://www.hobby-shop.jp/index.php?d...id=11858&sl=EN
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ft60223_11.jpg   ft602234.jpg  

Thanks for the info Rich. Order placed. I was checking HLJ last night and didn't see anything about this. Another new place to check for F-Toys. I wonder what the special will be.

Bob

I placed mine also. Platz seems to own H.C. My last two orders were from them. If you look under the scale or manufacture they have some interesting products.

Rich

Bob

I just received an update from HC, that is actually a pre order on that set!

Rich

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Thank you for this update Richard - I always thought that F-Toys were not 'done' yet when it came to aircraft of this shape and size.

What would be utterly fantastic from the F-Toys direction would be another Heavy Bombers offering following on from the Avro Lancaster B I / III (Surprize) and the Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress in 1/144 Scale. Especially if their offering steered clear of anything Café Reo (Big Bird) has offered in the past like the B-17F and Consolidated B-24J Liberator in the same scale

Handley Page Halifaxes or even better a rendition of the Shorts Stirling in 1/144 Scale are both the rare and at times pricey when available: I would put these two suggestions forward to F-Toys on that basis. I am aware of the recent Amercom release of a Halifax in 1/144 Scale whilst also being aware of Amercom's frequent quality issues in general: Not a model manufacturer I would recommend IMHO
    Last edited by Tonx; 03-16-2015 at 10:47. Reason: Cut size down after proof-reading!

Barnaby

F-Toys has a very odd release system. They bounce from anime to historic without batting an eye. Have seen any of the Amercom die-cast planes in 144 scale? I have three or four to round out some plane types.

Rich

http://www.diecastairplane.com/store...l?Attribs=3393

Rich I just received the same email so not sure when they will be out. Have the order in though so I know we will get them.

Bob

Time will tell I did a search and could find no mention of it. I think Platz makes F-Toys. HC lists Platz kits that are in F-Toys sets. I was looking at the decal section last night, they have some interesting decals!

Rich

Guys,
    F-toys TWIN-ENGINE AIRCRAFT COLLECTION4 is due for release in May.

I suggest you contact them on their 'English' email to make requests. Maybe attention Mr Isogawa.
    info-english@f-toys.net

They do listen (somewhat) as here is a reply a friend got in January:

"As to Me410, Hawker Tempest,
    we are studying now and will be on sale in future.
    Our main market is Japan so our sales channel outside Japan is not so good enough.
    So we are wondering how you get our products.
    May we ask where you live?"

And yes Mr. Isogawa does mention a Tempest as being in the works!!

A number of the modellers on Kampfgruppe144 are emailing to make requests and it is ONLY through F-toys hearing from us will they know about our desires.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by pbhawkin View Post
    "As to Me410, Hawker Tempest,
    we are studying now and will be on sale in future.
    Our main market is Japan so our sales channel outside Japan is not so good enough.
    So we are wondering how you get our products.
    May we ask where you live?"
    All of my F-Toys models are in 1/144 Scale and were acquired through 'the E-Bay' ... Where they can be very pricey due as they say to low availability outside of the Far East.

There was an excellent Seller in Spain who was selling F-Toys models during the early part of 2015 and his prices were not too bad either. Otherwise I bought all mine back in 2010 from a Seller I knew Down Under / Brisbane - no longer on E-Bay The Seller in Spain was called 'Maccarus' or 'Macarrus ... something' if memory serves me correctly. All his prices were in US$ (USD) and he shipped worldwide.

I assume Mr isogawa is aware of Ebay (?) but also stores in Japan reselling F-toys products (HLJ, 1999.co, hobby collective, platz-hobby.com, etc).

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

A little off topic I know ... But Peter I am liking that Spitfire of yours big style

Looks like the Airfix F Mk 22 I am currently building in 1/72 Scale.

Thumbs up

Barnaby

I have a very high opinion of Peters work! His models come out great! As these Beaufighters demonstrate!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P6230305.jpg   P6230302.jpg  

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Barnaby

I have a very high opinion of Peters work! His models come out great! As these Beaufighters demonstrate!
    Hello Richard - what an awesome pair of Bristol Beaufighter Mk 21s you have posted Very impressed indeed both at Peter's products and your painting skills. Are these paints acrylic by any chance please?

Smile

Barnaby

Thank you. The earth and green are Testors enamels over Tamiya primer. All detail work is done acrylics. The third of the trio.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P6290149.jpg   P6290146.jpg  

A site I get my F-Toys from is BCMinis. I have had great success with them. The other is Hobby Link Japan.

Bob

I have used HLJ also. I have not tried BCMinis. Have they listed this set yet?

Rich

Bob

I just had confirmation on my order $64.11 including freight! So much for ME-410 this weekend!

Rich

Rich

Bob

Mine arrived today. A good deal they threw in an extra kit. So 11 fro the price of one, and it is a KI-48 extra!

Beaufighter Mk X CC Armed with a torpedo and rockets.
    Mk VI Night Fighter I BQ. Special
    Mk X Invasion striped torpedo and rockets.
    MK I Coded Red RO L
    ME-410 Are in two paint schemes with three markings.
    Lilly One in overall green Thailand 1945 markings
    Gray with green camo 75th Attack Air Combat regiment New Guinea, November 1943.
    Overall gray Hokata Army Light Bomber Flying School. August 1940.
    Overall gray with red tail unknown unit Middle 1943. Special

Rich

Rich,
    I also got the same Beaufighters , and they are great kits!
    Just to point out that the nightfighter needs to have NO rockets and the rocket support removed from the wing (just pulls off).
    The one with the invasion stripes needs to have the rocket supports painted with invasion stripes (not the sky colour they are currently).
    They have even give a choice for normal or radar nose in some kits and the undercarriage (not that it is used in wargaming) is a real treat.
    If anyone wants to send me bits they don't want I am happy to pay for postage.

Peter

Almost as nice as yours! Should the night fighter have external antennas? Different Mks of night fighters seem to have them? I will save you all my bits and pieces. I keep putting off ordering a couple Beaufort`s and Blenheim`s from you.

Rich

I think they did have external antenna in the early (MK.I or Mk.II night fighters).
    Similar to my Mk.V:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z8WSXH.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	165748

Name:	jmyC7T.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	165749

Peter

Is that a MK V with the Merlin's and the Boulton Paul turret? I see Mk1 models is coming out with a Mk.IF 'Night Fighter'! That and a Mk Ic and a Mk VI.

Rich

http://www.westcoasthobbys.com/produ...ms_per_page=33

Rich,
    Yes, it is a Mk.V. I converted it from the resin one I make. Used a vacform of a Boulton Paul turret and drilled a BIG hole behind the cockpit and fared it in. I also make some Merlin engine castings and so cut off the radials and glued the Merlins on and almost an exact fit.
    The Mark1 Beaufighters (injection plastic kits) is also very exciting and I think will allow a lot more variation and increase the number of people playing with Beaufighters. If sales do well they will also make a Merlin engine version too.

Thumbs up

Peter

That is fantastic! I though it was a 1:72 scale kit! You models speak for themselves!

Rich

I haven't heard anything from them unless it was in Japanese. May have to place a new order.

Bob,
    THE place to order is from Akira at Radjapan ( http://radjapan.ocnk.net/ )

Bob

I would check then. My notice came from PLATZ Co.,Ltd. and Hobby Collective confirmed the shipment and tracking. Plain English e-mails!

Rich

Peter

They do have an extensive list of 144 scale planes!

Rich

Akira at Radjapan has a lot of the harder to find items.
    you pay for the items at the time in his shop and then depending on what postal method you choose he sends a separate invoice (after weighing) for the postage. Takes about a week from japan to Australia.

Peter

This order took five days that includes a national holiday on Monday! That was 23 hours from Japan to NYC and two days to get from NYC to Norfolk, Va?

Rich

This is a little detailing I did to the recent F-toys Beaufighter night fighter Special.
    I changed it from the BQoI of 600Sqn to NGoR of 604Sqn as flown by Wg Cmdr John Cunningham.
    New decal codes were from Methusla, Radar was from PE scraps, cockpit detailed with PE seatbelts and painted details.
    The cowlings were repainted in Aluminium and then tinted with patches of Blue-Grey and Golden-Grey. A coat of decanted hairspray was brushed on and then when dry some Tamiya XF-85 Rubber Black overpainted. this was then gently removed with a wet paintbrush to achieve the weathered look. The whole plane was weathered with Flat clear acryl by Model Master. The gun and exhaust stains were done with MIG pigments.

Name:	NGoR ftoys conversion2s.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	180.4 KB 
ID:	170737Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NGoR ftoys conversion4s.jpg 
Size:	187.5 KB 
ID:	170738Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NGoR ftoys conversion5s.jpg 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	170739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NGoR ftoys conversion6s.jpg 
Size:	161.5 KB 
ID:	170740

Stunning - a superb result!

OMG -stunning job, that really is a superb effort Peter

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Nice looking models wish I had started with 1/144 WW2

Thumbs up

My first four of this set finally finished!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_6671.jpg   100_6667.jpg   100_6662.jpg   100_6664.jpg   100_6663.jpg  

Great jobs on them both of you. I did a pre order but I think the notice came in Japanese so never ordered them. Actually like I really need more planes.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Actually like I really need more planes.
    Yes, yes you do! Gees, get with the program Man
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Hi Chaps
    thought you may be interested Larry has new decals on ebay for Malta
    see link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-200-RAF-...MAAOSwEK9XAbFD

Regards Kev

Hi Chaps
    thought you may be interested Larry has new decals on ebay for Malta
    see link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-200-RAF-...MAAOSwEK9XAbFD

Regards Kev

OOps wrong link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-144-RAF-...YAAOSwGYVXAa~q