Users Country Flag

Name
    Andy
    Sorties Flown

Easily fixed wing co

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.1

£0.99

Revell Micro Wings 04912- 1:144 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.1

This detailed model of a legendary fighter plane or fighter bomber emerges in a compact collector's scale of 1:144 in a short while and from just a few parts.

Every model includes authentic decals, transparent parts and a display stand

Product specifications

length: 66 mm
    number of parts: 15
    wingspan: 78 mm

Note: Supplied unassembled and unpainted. Glue and paint not included.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andy
    Sorties Flown

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  6.3 KB

£7.59 delivered

(Sabeditsch) Aviatik D.I : Wings of Glory

http://www.iguk.co.uk/products/sabeditsch-aviatik-di-wings-of-glory-14425.aspx

The Aviatik D.I was a single-engine, single-seat fighter biplane. It was also known as Berg D.I or the Berg Fighter because it was designed by Dipl. Ing. Julius von Berg. The D.I was the first fighter aircraft designed by the Austro-Hungarian Air Service (Luftfahrtruppen).
    It was flown by a number of the famous aces, such as Frank Linke-Crawford, Karl Sabeditsch and Karl Turek.

Designed to be used with the popular air combat game system created by Andrea Angiolino and Pier Giorgio Paglia, each WW1 Wings of Glory® Airplane Pack is a ready-to-play model, painted and assembled, 100% compatible with any other WW1 Wings of Glory game product. In each pack you will find all you need to play with the airplane: a special base with gaming stats, a variable altitude flying stand, and a specific deck of maneuver cards.

Good find Andy. With delivery included it will take some beating for price.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andy
    Sorties Flown

Well, that's another one sold!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andy
    Sorties Flown

http://www.iguk.co.uk/products/la-gu...ca3-15674.aspx

1 left £17.59 delivered

The Caproni Ca.3 was an Italian heavy bomber that saw extensive use against the Central Powers forces. It was used from 1916 until the end of war by Italy, United Kingdom, France and USA. One of the most effective bombers of any air force during WWI, the Ca.3 was a wooden three-engine biplane, armed with twin 6.5 mm or 7.7 mm machine guns and 1,760 lb of bombs.
    The currently available models in the Wings of Glory range include one airplane with U.S. ensigns on the fuselage, piloted by Captain Federico Zappelloni together with U.S. Major Fiorello La Guardia (at the time also a congressman, and later elected as mayor of New York for three terms); and the camouflaged airplane flown by the Italian Captain Guido Taramelli.

Designed to be used with the popular air combat game system created by Andrea Angiolino and Pier Giorgio Paglia, each WW1 Wings of Glory™ Special Pack is a ready-to-play large size model, painted and assembled, 100% compatible with any other WW1 Wings of Glory game product. In each pack you will find all you need to play with the airplane: a special base with gaming stats, a variable altitude flying stand, and a specific deck of maneuver cards, as well as specific rules and components necessary to use the airplane.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andy
    Sorties Flown

http://www.iguk.co.uk/products/sabed...ory-14425.aspx

£7.59 delivered

The Aviatik D.I was a single-engine, single-seat fighter biplane. It was also known as Berg D.I or the Berg Fighter because it was designed by Dipl. Ing. Julius von Berg. The D.I was the first fighter aircraft designed by the Austro-Hungarian Air Service (Luftfahrtruppen).
    It was flown by a number of the famous aces, such as Frank Linke-Crawford, Karl Sabeditsch and Karl Turek.

Designed to be used with the popular air combat game system created by Andrea Angiolino and Pier Giorgio Paglia, each WW1 Wings of Glory® Airplane Pack is a ready-to-play model, painted and assembled, 100% compatible with any other WW1 Wings of Glory game product. In each pack you will find all you need to play with the airplane: a special base with gaming stats, a variable altitude flying stand, and a specific deck of maneuver cards.

Another good buy Andy. I just wish they would pop up some of the WW2 aircraft.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Another good buy Andy. I just wish they would pop up some of the WW2 aircraft.
    Rob.
    They do, now and then.
    I bought two of my Bf110s for just over a tenner each, with free postage.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andy
    Sorties Flown

http://www.iguk.co.uk/products/radus...ory-14085.aspx

£10.09 delivered 1 left!

The Messerschmitt Bf.110 was a twin-engine heavy fighter in the service of the Luftwaffe during World War II and served with success in the early campaigns, the Polish, Norwegian and Battle of France.
    Later in the war, it was developed into a formidable night fighter, becoming the major night-fighting aircraft of the Luftwaffe. Great Aces that gloriously piloted this aircraft were Fritz Schupp, Georg Christl and Gunther Radusch.

Designed to be used with the popular air combat game system created by Andrea Angiolino and Pier Giorgio Paglia, each WW2 Wings of Glory® Airplane Pack is a ready-to-play model, painted and assembled, 100% compatible with any other WW2 Wings of Glory game product.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andy
    Sorties Flown

Still 2 of these left

http://www.iguk.co.uk/products/burge...ory-14074.aspx

£7.59 delivered

The Gloster Gladiator Mk.I was a British-built biplane fighter, used by the RAF and the Royal Navy (as the Sea Gladiator variant). It fought against stronger foes during the early days of the WW2, but it acquitted itself reasonably well in combat.
    The Gladiator saw action in almost all theatres during the WW2 with a large number of air forces. One of the best-known campaigns fought by Gladiators was the siege of Malta in 1940. Great Aces that gloriously piloted this aircraft were Dag Krohn, Marmaduke "Pat" Pattle and George Burges.

Designed to be used with the popular air combat game system created by Andrea Angiolino and Pier Giorgio Paglia, each WW2 Wings of Glory Airplane Pack is a ready-to-play model, painted and assembled, 100% compatible with any other WW2 Wings of Glory game product.

In each pack you will find all you need to play with the airplane: a special base with gaming stats, a variable altitude flying stand, and a specific deck of maneuver cards.

Are you employed by IGUK Andy or do you have shares ?!!

I rather hope you do then you can go and find the 'Benny' that flamingo'd my last order from them and do the necessary !

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andy
    Sorties Flown

Lol, I should have for how much I spend with 'em. I had a Dr.I go astray in the post but they replaced it no problem. No one else seems to do offers to match theirs, it just a case of checking regularly. Once they appear on ebay they get snapped up in minutes.

Needles

Strange that they still offer Udet's DV II (red and white striped) at iguk. I suppose they use that to generate clicks though. It is nice to see the whole range in small, colour pictures!! Bit like a museum. One internet retailer I know, has in the past used the trick of posting long-since unavailable minis as "in stock" to get your money, I presume in the hope you will just order something else, because refunds there are known to take a long time. I am glad to hear that iguk sound very good on the service side though! Happy bargain hunting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blauer Baron View Post
    I am glad to hear that iguk sound very good on the service side though!
    They were rubbish when I ordered game mats from them.

Since then, they seem to have got better.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andy
    Sorties Flown

Sadly seems the way with some of these small companies. I don't deal with Stafford Games now for the same reason. I prefer to save my money and deal direct at the shows but I'm still tempted by the odd online deal. IG sell also sell through ebay at the same rates which gives you some added protection if needed.

I guess I must have hit lucky over the years, in that I have only once had to claim against a stockist through Pay Pal, and even they got no answer from the stockist so refunded my outlay themselves.
    Rob.

Can someone sell me a copy of Needles codebook please NOTAMs?
    Last edited by andron234; 04-17-2015 at 05:43.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Notice to Airmen Drew
    Thank you Flash

Quote Originally Posted by andron234 View Post
    Thank you Flash
    And I was going to suggest Bletchley Park.
    Kyte.

Not the best bargain I have seen but Gamesters Orb is selling Gotha for less that £18 and Caproni for £20ish on Amazon.co.uk.

Looks like Chaos Cards are now stocking the new release Wings of Glory goodies.
    Less than a tenner for each.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andy
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Von View Post
    Looks like Chaos Cards are now stocking the new release Wings of Glory goodies.
    Less than a tenner for each.
    Thanks Ian

http://www.chaoscards.co.uk/search/wings-of-glory

For x-wing fans, they also have a stock of Falcons. Ordered one yesterday, arrived today, free post on orders over £20!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by needles View Post
    Yes I know it's WGS but it's £10.09 Free Post and there's only one left!

http://www.iguk.co.uk/products/radus...ory-14085.aspx

Needles
    ... And those of us who are into WGS very much appreciate your attentiveness and eagerness to publicise. Thank you very much - please keep the good news rolling

Quote Originally Posted by Aussietonka View Post
    ... And those of us who are into WGS very much appreciate your attentiveness and eagerness to publicise. Thank you very much - please keep the good news rolling
    Agreed! Don't hesitate to post WW2 as well as anything else pertinent to the hobby Barney.
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andy
    Sorties Flown

WWII Memphis Belle B-17

http://www.iguk.co.uk/products/memph...ory-16363.aspx

£18.29 delivered

The Boeing B-17 “Flying Fortress” is a four-engine heavy bomber aircraft developed in the 1930s for the United States Army Air Corps (USAAC). The B-17 was primarily employed in the daylight precision strategic bombing campaign of World War II against German industrial and military targets. From its introduction in 1938, the B-17 Flying Fortress evolved through numerous design advances.
    The famous B-17F “Memphis Belle” was one of the first B-17s to complete 25 combat missions with her crew intact.

Designed to be used with the popular air combat game system created by Andrea Angiolino and Pier Giorgio Paglia, each WW2 Wings of Glory® Special Pack is a ready-to-play large size model, painted and assembled, 100% compatible with any other WW2 Wings of Glory game product.

In each pack you will find all you need to play with the airplane: a special base with gaming stats, a variable altitude flying stand, and a specific deck of maneuver cards, as well as specific rules and components necessary to use the airplane.

Bonus contents in this pack include one double-sided industrial complex card and special rules.

This is not a complete game.

To play, you must own a WW2 Rules and Accessories Pack.

Original 1916 War Office/Ordnance Survey may of Valenciennes area, northern France, on Ebay, ending at 14:46

http://r.ebay.com/qTwJkE

Very little time to go, so if anyone is interested, don't hang around. I only just stumbled across it! The same seller lists lots of similar maps it seems.

Posted this some time ago, but spotted that 'The Works' have this book back in stock for only £5 (Amazon have it at £24) for those that missed it last time..

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  18.2 KB

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Posted this some time ago, but spotted that 'The Works' have this book back in stock for only £5 (Amazon have it at £24) for those that missed it last time..

And it was you who flagged it up for me then - thanks once again!

Its a great book and at a fiver its a complete steal !

No brainer.
    One ordered.
    Rob.

Glad I could help, in fact may get a second copy - would make a nice present for someone

Too bad they don't ship to the US!

Are you coming over for Doncaster this year Peter?
    Rob.

Are you coming over for Doncaster this year Peter?
    Rob.
    Sadly not this year. Maybe in another year or two we'll get back.

I can get this book here through Amazon but not at that price!

Would you like me to order one and ship it over for you?
    Rob.

Would you like me to order one and ship it over for you?
    Rob.
    Thanks for the kind offer Rob but thats ok, I'll get it here. I think it would not come out any cheaper that way from over the pond. Next time I do come across I'll keep an eye out for any bargains for you boys to stockpile for me!

No worries Pete just let us know, sorry to hear you and your good lady won't be making it this year, I will need to find another Bristol Flying wingperson...

I'll step up to the plate flight leader, if I may?

No worries Pete just let us know, sorry to hear you and your good lady won't be making it this year, I will need to find another Bristol Flying wingperson...
    See you on the Dark Side......

Good man squadron leader, welcome aboard..

All,
    With the Canadian Dollar so low, and a sale on at this place, there may be a few really good deals for some odd bits of Wings of War left-overs:

Nieuport 17 (Nungesser)

Spanish Civil War maneuver decks:
    Revolution in the Sky Booster Pack

A few Japanese and French planes for pretty cheap, and with that 20 cents off the US Dollar...

PS: Not so sorry I cleaned out the German Stukas, but I didn't realize how few were left.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 05-26-2015 at 10:25.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Thanks very much for the heads up Mike.
    Much appreciated.
    Rob.

Some book bargains I cam across this weekend:

First up is Mapping The First World War by Peter Chasseud, published by Collins. RRP £30, currently £3 from The Works, even when the sticker says £9.99. Was happy to pay that price, but saving a further £6.99 was a bonus!

The other bargains were Osprey ebooks. The First World War (4): The Mediterranean Front 1914–1923, £0.74 as an ePub and British and Empire Aces of World War 1, £0.99 for the ebook format of your choice. I think the other 3 books in the The First World War series were also similarly priced, but I'm not certain.

- Neil.

Got that one - it's an excellent book, and at £3 they're giving it away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Got that one - it's an excellent book, and at £3 they're giving it away!
    I also have it and totally agree with Tim.
    Too good to turn down the chance.
    Rob.

Head up to the WW2 brigade - IGUK are selling a Bristol Beaufighter for £10.09 inc. postage

http://www.iguk.co.uk/overstocks.aspx?pricedrop=1

Name:  14081.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  3.1 KB

Stucco. Com lots of bargains.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Found this on eBay while looking for WoW stuff in 1/144 scale and a chance to get some 3-d printed barrage balloons for £11.99 (without basket or stand) which seems cheap. Shop based in Wales and has it on their own site (Dragonbadger Models) for £20. Size : 1/144 = 125x53x50mm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scale-mod...YAAOSwYXVcZpu-
    Last edited by Baz; 01-27-2021 at 17:15.

Those look interesting, Bsrrie. It says that they have baskets for the larger scale models. I wonder whether they could be persuaded to produce baskets in 1/144th scale?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Dropped 'Hun' a bargain
    By needles in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2015, 01:00
  2. caproni bargain 10 Oct
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2014, 12:52
  3. Xen's Bargain Bin! WW1 & WW2, Boosters and Minis
    By Xen in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds