Ares Games

Thread: Why is a "Beach Ball" flying my plane?

Default Why is a "Beach Ball" flying my plane?

Is this old news to you guys? I've just realised there's a difference between WOW & WOG (WW1) planes, I just bought four new WOG Albatros D.Va's, (Ernst Udet, Jasta 37) to find the wheels don't rotate, and the "Decals" are sprayed on (unlike my first WOW Albatros D.Va), But on the plus side, the WOG plane now has a little "Beach ball" sitting in the pilot's seat.

Haha, that's a good way of putting it. I imagine it's difficult on that scale to produce a less beach ball type looking pilot. Or maybe it's laziness, either way I find it fills the spot while playing the game, better a beach ball than no pilot at all in my mind. I imagine some of the more model savy chaps on the site have replaced the pilots with more detailed pilots but I can't be certain.
    Of course after writing this all out I notice it's in the UK wing, does Commonwealth count?

Yes, it is possible to buy 1/144 scale pilots. Peter Pig and Shapeways, to name two companies, produce them.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
    Of course after writing this all out I notice it's in the UK wing, does Commonwealth count?
    There is no bar on anyone posting in the U.K. Wing Wes, in spite of the rumours going around about that martinet Wing Commander Kyte. Slip him a G&T and he is a poosy cat, albeit a Tiger.(Well you try putting ***** cat in.)
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I found the remodelled Ares DVa a great disappointment; apart from the fixed wheels and the awful "beach ball", the struts are too thick and too long, so, compared to the Series 1 Nexus model, the top wing stands too high and the undercart is too big.

I have one of each of the four Ares DVas, just for completeness, but managed to acquire multiples of all the Nexus DVas for repaints.

I prefer the empty cockpit too - it's easier to add a pilot than to convert the "beach ball", or have to drill it out.
    I personally use Reviresco metal pilots and gunners, but have just acquired some Peter Pig one to give them a try.

Hi Tim

Can I ask you where you bought the Reviresco metal pilots and gunners from?

Best Regards

Drew

Quote Originally Posted by andron234 View Post
    Hi Tim

Best Regards

Drew
    Try here Drew.

http://www.tin-soldier.com/

or more exactly the bottom right hand corner of this page for gunners.

http://www.tin-soldier.com/frenchaircraft.html

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by andron234 View Post
    Hi Tim

Best Regards

Drew
    Hi Drew

I got all my Reviresco planes, decals and pilots here: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/empedokles-...4.l1513&_pgn=1

but there aren't any pilots & gunners listed at the moment.

This chappie is the European distributor for Reviresco, so there's no risk of import duties being slapped on.
    He always discounts postage for multiple purchases (my M.O.!) and I have never waited longer than 10 days for delivery.

Similar Missions

1. German 1946 "What if" flying aircraft carrier
    By GilmoreDK in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 04:41
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 02:39
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-14-2012, 06:25
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 00:43