Ares Games

Thread: Ares Buying FFG ?

Default Ares Buying FFG ?

I was talking to a friendly retailer this week and he told me that Ares is buying/taking over FFG and all its products...
    He is into X-Wing and was stocking his shelves with the latest releases (delayed from November last year) - He made me laugh when he said 'hopefully that will mean less delays on releases' - 'Don't hold your breath' was the response !
    Truth or Scurrilous rumour ? I have no idea - Wondered if anyone has heard the same or similar ?

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

I'd be amazed if Ares has the capital to even consider it. The other way around might be plausible, but given the antipathy between the two I don't see it as likely either.

I thought it was odd but he seemed quite convinced - maybe wishful thinking on his part ! Is there anyone else out there that might be capable ?

FFG has just been bought by Asmodee, a French company that's owned by Eurazeo, a large French financial group. They won't sell it to Ares soon, nor I think that Ares is interested in FFG. A company that learrned a lot about making games and miniatures from us Europeans...

As the French economical TV station BFM Business summarized the event, Asmodee mainly put their hands on a couple of famed licenses, Star Wars and War of the Ring. And actually Ares already has one of the two.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic2315767_md.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	158862

Thanks Andrea - he got half his story right, just the name was wrong ! I shall correct him in due course

The acquisition was announced around the 20th of November - the interview to the CEO of Eurazeo in the picture was on the 21th of November, in the early morning. This could explain why the delay started then.

This is interesting news that I have not heard before. Maybe I should poke my head out of my Wings and Sails of Glory bubble from time to time. lol

Here a fun strip about that on Giocomics, an Italian comic for gamers (text in English):

http://www.gioconomicon.net/modules....o#EnglishStrip

Similar Missions

1. To the Bar, I'm Buying!
    By fast.git in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-28-2013, 05:10
  2. Bobit's buying.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-02-2013, 14:58
  3. WGF Buying Models