Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New show Barrage 2015 12 July

Default New show Barrage 2015 12 July

At Hammerhead we were approached about putting on a participation game at the show Barrage on July 12 in Stafford.
    I will get more details depending upon interest.
    So anyone willing to run a participation game at the show?
    Let me know and we will arrange accordingly.

I'm afraid I will not be able to help out Baz.
    It is the weekend of our Annual Regimental do at Kimbolton Castle.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I will look into this and get back to you - it's quite a distance for me for a One-Dayer, but might be possible.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Due to lack of playing equipment (like gaming mats etc) I don't quite know if the Wife and I would be able to actually host a participation game by July.

However both of us would be very interested in coming along and contributing / supporting in whatever ways are possible. Particularly if WGS is involved but even if it's WGF / WW1 instead the offer of support is always open

Aussietonka

I'm interested in attending, but I'll have let you know nearer the time Chris.

Might be a doer Chris but again can't confirm at present.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Aussietonka View Post
    Due to lack of playing equipment (like gaming mats etc) I don't quite know if the Wife and I would be able to actually host a participation game by July.

However both of us would be very interested in coming along and contributing / supporting in whatever ways are possible. Particularly if WGS is involved but even if it's WGF / WW1 instead the offer of support is always open

Aussietonka
    The chaps will have plenty of mats there and no doubt extra aircraft if you let them know what you need.
    Rob.

Default Barrage show Stafford 12th July

Hi
    if a 'novice' is of use?
    I would be pleased to offer any assistance at the event.
    I have some scenery 'Mats' & aircraft as required and
    if relevant...the date is in my diary 'just in case'
    Regards
    Maverick

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Hi
    if a 'novice' is of use?
    I would be pleased to offer any assistance at the event.
    I have some scenery 'Mats' & aircraft as required and
    if relevant...the date is in my diary 'just in case'
    Regards
    Maverick
    Hi Simon. If you attend this event you will not be alone novices-wise. The Wife and I are planning to attend also hoping to contribute something to a WGF / WGS effort at Barrage

No offer of help is ever rejected, especially from novices Simon.
    If you come along, I will guarantee that by the end of the day you will be flying solo.
    Some people like the Dangerous M even make Ace in a day.
    Rob.

Is there any update regarding this show Chris?

I am hoping to get to this one so I can supply mats etc.
    Can I get a confirmed show of hands so I can inform the organizers please

Hi Chris
    100% certain I will be there
    I can bring kit as required
    discuss at Triples if you need any 'extra's' from me
    Regards
    Simon (Maverick)

Fair chance I shall be able to come as it's not far from Burton on Trent and we do not appear to have a Sealed Knot muster that weekend.
    The only fly in the ointment is that I shall be redundant as of the 1st July so it depends on my circumstances at that time.

Rich

I still don't have a work rosta for July as yet, so can't confirm at the moment.

Sorry to hear your news Richard, but I know exactly where you are coming from.
    Hope to see you there.
    I shall sent off the affirmative then this week and will publish an agenda in a few weeks.
    Simon yes we will chat at Triples

I'm going Chris, as the swmbo and little peep have given me clearence to attend this one

Have received confirmation we have a table booked at this show.
    I intend to put on a WW1 participation game , but if anyone has other preferences I am open to discussions.
    We stil got a few weeks so ?i will ask for confirmed names in a few weeks time

I should be able to attend. If I do I can help in any way during the day.

myself and the Deadly M may be available to pop over for the show also will confirm closer to the time.

Warning Warning Deadly M must be avoided at all costs. ? See you at Doncaster Andy but not at the Campanile

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

I'm working nights across that weekend - I'll try to swap it out, but it's a tricky one!

I'm still hoping to attend but still not certain

hi Paul will both see you there at Doncaster staying closer this time the premier inn where most are staying.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkhurst View Post
    hi Paul will both see you there at Doncaster staying closer this time the premier inn where most are staying.
    Got my last night there to.

Should be able to make this one, have been talking with Neil, hopefully we can both get down for this

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Have received confirmation we have a table booked at this show.
    I intend to put on a WW1 participation game , but if anyone has other preferences I am open to discussions.
    We stil got a few weeks so ?i will ask for confirmed names in a few weeks time
    Sails?

I'll try to make it at present that's as most a I can say. Apologies Chris.

me and the Deadly M are planning on been there if you require any WW2 items to put on a game let me know

Have spoken to my commanding office, pass definitely stamped for the 12th (with severe warnings about yellow police money boxes on the M1)
    I can be there early doors to set up as well. Happy to play WW1 or WW2, hell, just happy to play.

See you there

err... where exactly is the venue, lol

Ok all, 4 weeks to this one, it is a 2 hour drive for me to get there but intend to arrive around 9 am to get set up.
    Intention is WW1 but if enough want we can do a few WW2 and split the day.

So check your calendars and shift rests etc, I will want a definitive yea by mon 22 June please

'Fraid I will be at a Regimental at Kimbolton Castle that weekend Chris.
    Do have a good one all of you.
    Rob.

Definite yes from me, I will be there to assist with set up etc. expect to arrive at about 08:45

Still not free as yet, but might have a solution this coming week. Fingers crossed!

Hope so Tim, my AARs just not the same without pictures of your planes to decorate the text.

Myself and Deadly M can be there to help with set up if required is about 2.30 hours drive for us also

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Just realised that so far we don't have a location or brief directions how to get to Barrage 2015 on here ... Only that the event is being held in Stafford.

From a standing start in 2013 and with two incredible shows under our belts in 2013 and 2014, it's time to think BIGGER. So with some intrepidation we are moving the Show to Blessed William Howard High School for 2015 and changing the show's name to 'Barrage'.

Blessed William Howard High School, Rowley Avenue, Stafford. ST17 9AB

Source: Event Website

As for the Wife and I attending I am still waiting to find out what is happening at work that weekend: If I have been tutoring that week as I fear the case may be then I will need that weekend as catch-up time.

Thanks for posting this Barnaby, although the address is on the Calendar.
    The final instructions I would have posted in a week or so time once I had got the definitive names as per post 31.
    But thanks for posting the address and Post Code, hope to see you there if you can

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

The final instructions I would have posted in a week or so time once I had got the definitive names as per post 31.
    But thanks for posting the address and Post Code, hope to see you there if you can
    You are very welcome - at least we now have a postcode for all SatNav users. Hoping to see everyone there

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Thumbs down Duplicate posting - Please Delete

You are very welcome - at least we now have a postcode for all SatNav users. Hoping to see everyone there
    Last edited by Tonx; 06-15-2015 at 15:59. Reason: Duplicate posting - Please Delete

Chris at present with work, and home, the way things are I could only get if they have hired a replacement for my co-worker and I'm back on part time hours. Don't count me in for running a game but If I make it, I'll be a willing participant.

Neil

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I am afraid I am no longer able to come along to Barrage 2015.

The following day from when this event runs a major tutoring commitment begins for me. I now need this day for preparation time.

I'm disappointed that I will no longer be attending as this is shaping up to be an interesting event ...

Hoping to be able to attend, it's looking pretty hopeful - will know for certain this weekend.

Daughter's 21st on the Saturday so will sneak off early doors Sunday whilst everyone else sleeps off the night before, lol
    Must remember not to fall foul of yellow police money boxes this time.

I'm going to try and get there, it will be good to meet up with you guys again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brambo View Post
    Well done that man . Hope to see you again at Doncaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Brambo View Post
    That would be great Trev!
    But don't push yourself if you're not up to it - health first!

do you require a hand setting up ? if so what time would you want us there?
    myself and the Deadly M will be there to support

Apologies to all, things been very hectic for me past couple of weeks at home and work so not been up to scratch.
    I am intending getting there around 9 to 930 ready for the start at 10.
    I got mats damage decks etc so just bring a WAw1 aircraft to use.
    As it a day show and a Sunday so only 6 hours we wil do one period this time, next year we can look at more tables.
    see you all on Sunday

My WW1 kit is packed ready..... But......
    As it is the start BoB Anniverssary say so now if you want BOB
    I shall keep it open untill 2300 today, i can repack tomorrow for Sunday.
    I had forgotten BoB start, i am used to it being celebrated in Sept.
    So let me know, I got Spits and ME109 plus a couple of Stukas and He111 and my Whirlwind so think a thunk and let me know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. National: Empoli Games 2015 - 3/4 ottobre 2015
    By Warlock in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 22:38
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 19:55
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 08:57
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-07-2013, 17:17