Ares Games

Thread: Training film for FLAK

Default Training film for FLAK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=qP_-WUMi-nw

Received this link and found this very interesting so thought I would share it with all.

Looks interesting Bob. I will watch the full thing tomorrow.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

You will find it very interesting. There are things I never knew or thought about. When you see the whole thing you can see the bursts in the actual films.

Thanks Bob wondering now how to make it work in a game

Thumbs up

Now that does look interesting Bob.
    Thanks for posting.

Thanks for posting this - I'll take a gander after Hammerhead and WMMS; no time available until then!

That was interesting. Thank you for posting the link, Bob.

It must have been difficult making evasive manoeuvres whilst keeping a tight formation.

Bob

That is a great find! Very interesting approach to avoidance. It also explains why the lead bomber signaled when to drop bombs. Everyone else was to busy following the leader!

Rich

Very interesting Bob, it must have been very difficult to keep track of all the course corrections and hope every one else is making the same corrections

fascinating!!!!!i knew the low level bombers engaged in evasive maneuvers but everything ive encountered implied that high level bombers did very little evasive action and almost always on the egress from the target area. this movie is certainly a good piece of propaganda as it makes the flak problem almost manageable by truthfully stating the problem and dealing with real world workable solutions (one of the many reasons why a free society will almost always triumph over an unfree society eventually). funny how i also (even all these years later) believed there had been a "magic" middle altitude where a/c were mostly out of danger from flak. im not sure how the high level flak info will apply to the game as i doubt well ever use formations large enough to represent targeting a sight that would warrant such a concentration of flak but it is fascinating none the less! thanks so much for sharing!!!!

Great find Bob - the timings of the whole process for heavy AAA from spotting through predicting to setting and firing was fascinating, and I wonder whether that was based on Allied AAA operation or knowledge of German procedures.

Yes this was vert informative and as my friend said could explain the different bursts you see in the films.

Similar Missions

1. Bomber Boxes - Training Film
    By Zoe Brain in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-08-2015, 20:02
  2. Give Me Some Flak--More LED Fun
    By Nightmoss in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-13-2015, 18:07
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-26-2013, 06:16
  4. Blue Max - kultowy film na Polsat Film 15.04.2013r. 9:15