Ares Games
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Wings of Glory "Giants of the Sky" Kickstarter

By the way, is there any news about pilots and units of these big bombers?

Quote Originally Posted by johnbiggles View Post
    oops, meant to post that in Snoopy thread
    My fault, I started speaking about Snoopy here.

I was OT.

After a short time, anyway, Ares did in such a way that we are not OT any more.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-the-sky/posts

Attachment 161017Attachment 161018

$9100 to Deck II, 143 FB Likes and 137 BGG Fans on the RAP to get posters...

They should add a Snoopy+Red Baron choice!

I was really trying to stick with WW2 and with a focus on the War in the Pacific but the stretch goals and add-ons (yes, talking about you too Snoopy) make it tempting to stick a toe in with the Rookie pack. It is especially hard to resist since my in-house game room is now set up for full on Wings, so I can fly any war, any time...

Yes, I agree with you, Scott and Zoe.

Just saw update 7 ..."Oh Good Grief"..!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokhuah View Post
    I was really trying to stick with WW2 and with a focus on the War in the Pacific but the stretch goals and add-ons (yes, talking about you too Snoopy) make it tempting to stick a toe in with the Rookie pack. It is especially hard to resist since my in-house game room is now set up for full on Wings, so I can fly any war, any time...
    Scott, I was only WWII fan, until I discover WWI WoW DeLuxe Set. That was start.of my journey to the forst big conflict and now I must say I am glad for it. Start with rookie as you said - the price really make sence - and enjoy the feel of old times here in Europe!

Attention Everyone:

I have merged the three big threads on the Ks into this one thread and revised the title to more clearly reflect what is being talked about. So, at points in the past posts, this might sound a little confusing as replies might not line up very well with the posts they were intended to follow. With a little concentration, I think one can sort it all out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Attention Everyone:

I have merged the three big threads on the Ks into this one thread and revised the title to more clearly reflect what is being talked about.
    It was getting extremely difficult to follow the threads separately; this is the best possible response.

I agree totally.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Great, now I only have to worry about updates to one thread.

Speaking of: $6675 to pushover on Deck II, 119 FB Likes and 118 BGG RAP Fans to posters. Start telling your buddies... hell, I've even asked non-gamers I know to have friends of theirs toss on some likes too. And if you're on FB or BGG and haven't added your likes, What Are You Waiting For?
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

~$5750 to Pushover, 114 each on FB and BGG for posters...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

I think the posters look really sweet, and I'd pay cash for one if they don't make the FB/BGG "like" goals -- and I'm sure a lot of the rest of you reading this feel the same way.

As the goals for the posters aren't directly connected to Kickstarter monetary pledges, is it possible Ares will allow the poster challenge to continue to collect "likes" even if it doesn't reach its goal by April 2nd? *crosses fingers*

And has it been said whether the posters would come rolled in a tube or folded? (I hope rolled so there'll be no creases!!! *bounces hopefully*)

-- Eris

I fear that rolled posters would have the same huge problem of mats - shipping cost.

I just signed up for my K/S. Plenty left for those still thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eris Lobo View Post
    *bounces hopefully*
    WWI dogfighting is a game for Beagles, not Jack Russell Terriers, Eris... :P LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    I fear that rolled posters would have the same huge problem of mats - shipping cost.
    Hmm... Hadn't thought about that...

Still, even if they have to be folded, the posters look both beautiful and historically educational! Creases or not, I hope we wind up seeing them!

-- Eris

I'd buy an extra poster if offered as an Add-On...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    WWI dogfighting is a game for Beagles, not Jack Russell Terriers, Eris... :P LOL
    My next scenario will be called Wingsofglorious Basterds...

Woof woof!!! *giggles*

Name:  snoopy_the_red_baron.gif
Views: 338
Size:  37.3 KB

-- Eris

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    My next scenario will be called Wingsofglorious Basterds...
    Nice idea.

Publish it with an anouncement of the preproduction of Gregory Boyington's F4U Corsair!
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Thomas
    Sorties Flown

I'm in, pledged for the veteran level. I considered joining in as a collector but somehow I want to get the remaining two bombers as "normal" editions.
    Pledged for some more money still to get the delicious add-ons, especially all the game mats. I hope they make mousepad-versions of them later

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    How to become a BoardGameGeek fan -
    https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardg...cessories-pack
    Thanks Zoe, am an inactive member of BGG, now got myself sorted (found username & p/w!) and this helped me get my like added to the pile.

"He is wise who watches"

Just under $4500 to Deck II, 106 each on FB and BGG to posters. We're getting there, slowly...

Around $3900 now... need 92 more likes on FB and 103 more fans of the RAP on BGG.

Down to $3700 and 89 FB Likes... still 103 BGG Fans to go.

Weird but good ...

A few years ago I bought a nice poster frame for super cheap (maybe even free) at a garage sale. The frame was totally unused, being still new and shrink wrapped. I never used the frame because it didn't fit any of my posters, but I kept it anyway in my own garage, just in case I ever need it.

I just checked the frame. It's 50cm by 76cm.

The stretch-goal poster is 50cm by 70cm.

Assuming the stretch-goal poster gets printed, I'm ready!!!

-- Eris

I'm trying again: Any news on the Giants' pilots?

Dennis, my money's on the same as in the original Flight of the Giants box: I remember that the Staaken units were RFA 500 and 501, pilots were Schiller and Scholling, but not which was which or the O/400s.

Dennis, my money's on the same as in the original Flight of the Giants box: I remember that the Staaken units were RFA 500 and 501, pilots were Schiller and Scholling, but not which was which or the O/400s.
    I see. Since I'm new to the game, I didn't know about "the original Flight of the Giants box". So the blue ZS R.VI would be the RFA 501, and the camouflaged one the RFA 500 then?

It is in FotG Dennis - Hptn Arthur Schoeller RFA 500; Hptn Erich Schilling RFA 501
    Last edited by flash; 03-29-2015 at 07:14.

"He is wise who watches"

~$2300 to Deck II. $17.3k, 100 BGG fans and 74 FB Fans to close out the last remaining stretch goals, and four days to do it in. I still have $70 to throw in and I know of at least one $800 Retail pledge that hasn't hit play yet as of last update, so that's about 16.5k to go... IF we get a tail-spike like SGN

or Conan

or Galaxy Defenders 1st go-round

we should be OK. If we end up like the GD expansion, though... that one had a massive tailDROP.

Where we are now for comparison:

Looks like a normal tailspike runs anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 the first day... so if we assume a 1/4 tailspike at ten grand I think the remaining 2K over the 3 days between now and then is probable. However, I would not hold out hope for a $125K stretch goal...

However, I would not hold out hope for a $125K stretch goal...
    Not something I'm worried about. Like some others, the odd-numbered stretch goals were the exciting ones for me: game mats, scenarios, and ace & skill cards. Only $2138 to the last named, as of 1400 EDT 29 March, 2015.

There's another deck of skill cards, for bomber crews, at $110K--that's an even-number stretch, and the Last Big Push.

There's another deck of skill cards, for bomber crews, at $110K--that's an even-number stretch, and the Last Big Push.
    Yes, those would be über-cool, as well, but again, I'm not holding out hope for the $110k pledge level.

That's why I'm only "guardedly optimistic". Ares has had one go dramatically sideways in its last day too... I'd give us somewhere between 60-40 and 70-30 on pulling it out of the bag.

Now the Facebook and particularly BoardGameGeek social-media numbers... those worry me.

Facebook and particularly BoardGameGeek social-media numbers
    I think we'll get the Facebook numbers, not so sure about Boardgamegeek though....

How many of us here have BGG accounts?

If you have one, and you haven't Fanned the Rules & Acc Pack... You're Not Helping.

EDIT: Update - $1900 (oops, typo at first) to Deck II.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 03-29-2015 at 13:28.

Just under a grand to Deck II, 64 FB Likes and those same troublesome 98 more fans on BGG to posters...

I don't understand... 582 backers. 582 people have seen the call for Fans on BoardGameGeek. At most, 202 have answered the call, which means at least 380 sitting around with their thumbs lodged up their bums. Help me understand... something for nothing and all you gotta do is toss a couple thumbs-ups and people still can't be bothered even with the incentive of free stuff?

Geeez. And gamers wonder why the rest of us perceive them the way we do... *rolls eyes*

Maybe they're not interested in a BGG registration.

I'm at BGG, but have no Facebook account. Of course I would not join Facebook only to get a KS poster.
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

I can sort of understand not registering for Facebook, In fact I only use it for just this sort of KS thumbing requirement that pops up from time to time.

However, any site that has resources like a list of card sleeves sizes for every game is worth looking at. Besides, how else are you going to lure the likes of X-Wing players back to the light side unless you are active on BGG?

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Maybe they're not interested in a BGG registration.

I'm at BGG, but have no Facebook account. Of course I would not join Facebook only to get a KS poster.
    Which is absolutely reasonable.

I don't understand... 582 backers. 582 people have seen the call for Fans on BoardGameGeek. At most, 202 have answered the call, which means at least 380 sitting around with their thumbs lodged up their bums. Help me understand... something for nothing and all you gotta do is toss a couple thumbs-ups and people still can't be bothered even with the incentive of free stuff?

Geeez. And gamers wonder why the rest of us perceive them the way we do... *rolls eyes*
    Being that I'm an occasional BBG member, and not a regular poster there, I didn't realize I had to "become a fan". What's up with that?

Anyway, I'm Fan #203 now. Happy?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Hy everybody,
    also an italian pilot enters the tray of the "Giant" battle.

Stay Tuned
    and also look at these links:
    http://play-modena.it/eventi/wings-o...ia-di-istrana/
    http://play-modena.it/eventi/wings-o...-di-aerodrome/

As soon as possible we add an english versione of both Battle of Istrana and Kill Yamamoto in files section.
    Enjoy it!

Bye
    Carlo

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Kickstarter for Game Mats
    By 7eat51 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-17-2015, 00:35
  2. Transportable Table Kickstarter
    By Zoe Brain in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19