Ares Games
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Wings of Glory "Giants of the Sky" Kickstarter

I bought 2 lots under 2 e-mails - one for me, one for an impecunious friend in Tasmania (who was also best man at my wedding over 30 years ago).
    Same credit card, same billing address, different shipping addresses and different e-mail accounts.

No problems. Just the $800 AuD hit on my credit card. 2 collectors packs with all the trimmings, counters, cards, markers, rules packs etc.

They're so poor now, there was a work injury, a fight with insurance for compensation, they have almost no income, so there's no way they could ever afford such a luxury themselves, even if they had the money. It would just go to savings for a rainy day. So it had to be a gift from *someone* or they'd never get it.

Meanwhile Clipper and others have been extraordinarily generous to me in many ways. I'm just passing it on.

I was offered the option of PayPal but had already paid by credit card. However I paid the postage by paypal

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    What part of "Checked the card data on file -- no problems there" was unclear?

I couldn't even *find* that part, so I'll look there.

Also: My current balance is rather high, but steps are being taken to fix that.

It would be nice if KS offered a PayPal or similar option -- I only have *one* credit card.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Sorted mine after a ham & pease pudding stottie sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Well mine all went off fine once Mrs K reminded me to set my cookies.
    Rob.
    See you on the Dark Side......

SgtBalicki

I just discovered this on Kickstarter. Additionally, I have never used Kicksarter before. Is this something I can still get in on or are new orders/backers not possible at this point?

Regards,
    SgtBalicki

Quote Originally Posted by SgtBalicki View Post
    I just discovered this on Kickstarter. Additionally, I have never used Kicksarter before. Is this something I can still get in on or are new orders/backers not possible at this point?

Regards,
    SgtBalicki
    I am afraid the Kickstarter is now closed Mitchell.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I am afraid the Kickstarter is now closed Mitchell.
    Rob.
    Although the big beasties will be available via normal retail routes (at retail price) once the Kickstarter orders have been fulfilled; I'm pretty sure the KS page stated something to that effect.

Regards,
    SgtBalicki
    Hi Mitchell,

The KS is in fact closed, but as others have stated, these will be available via regular retail outlets later this year. The KS versions of these are identical where the mini its self is concerned, but KS versions include some additional and/or upgraded components. As a retail backer of the KS, I'll have some of these "special KS" versions for sell via the AA site (yellow link at the top of the page).

didelet

Regards,
    SgtBalicki
    I belive that event though the Kickstarter has ended you can still enter...

On Kickstarter Campaign page there is a banner "too late to pledge?"

Click it and go to the pledge manager.

http://giantsofthesky.aresgames.eu/

I think the only diference is you don't have the discount coupons pledgers have.

SgtBalicki

Bummer!! Thank you gentlemen for your prompt replies. And thank you for letting me know that they will be available thru normal retail outlets. I shall just have to be very, very patient.

SgtBalicki

Hello didelet,

Yes, I had seen that too and that was what was confusing me.

Thumbs up

Leonardo at Ares reset my Pledge Coupon details & I have now been able to finalise my purchase & added a couple more goodies to my original order.

Thank you Leonardo!

As you guys finalize your pledges, could you send me a PM with the type and number of tokens that you added on please?

I'm just trying to get a rough advanced count of how many I have to make. lol

didelet

Bummer!! Thank you gentlemen for your prompt replies. And thank you for letting me know that they will be available thru normal retail outlets. I shall just have to be very, very patient.
    Mitchell, you CAN buy the miniatures now, no need to wait for them to hit the retailers.

Just go to the pledge manager.

From the pledge manager page:
    If you are NOT a backer on Kickstarter, just use the Pledge Manager as you would with any other e-commerce system.
    So you just add to the shopping cart what you want and then checkout and pay using paypal or a credit card.

Checkout with Paypal?!?!
    Awesome!!!

SgtBalicki

Thank you didelet. I shall be ordering some Giants goodness.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    As you guys finalize your pledges, could you send me a PM with the type and number of tokens that you added on please?

PM sent!

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    PM sent!
    Ditto. With expressed interest in more next run, if there's another, when budget allows.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Question chaps, gone through the pledge manager, no issues there but hit the calculate shipping, to be hit with a further $30, I thought the shipping was included with initial pledges, should I have hit the calculate shipping button ?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Question chaps, gone through the pledge manager, no issues there but hit the calculate shipping, to be hit with a further $30, I thought the shipping was included with initial pledges, should I have hit the calculate shipping button ?
    Chris, were you charged freight with your original purchase?
    If so there should be no further freight charge unless you increased the size of your original pledge.
    Email Ares if you did get extra freight charged. As you can see from my Email above they fixed my problem ASAP.

Users Country Flag

Name
    John
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    I think they are basically charging you $15 twice. Once for your pledge and once for your rookie pack. If you wait for your rookie pack the shipping should be $15.

I did pay for my shipping with my initial pledge and it was included with the coupon I got. The extra $15 for my rookie pack shipping separately wasn't included in my coupon so I had to PayPal that seperately. I would rather they held it and shipped it all together but at this point the pledge manager has been enough of a farce for me to pay $15 to make it end.

I am now really impatient for delivery of the Rookie Pack I ordered.
    Does anyone have a more accurate ETA than 'May'?

I got an email today reminding me about the pledge manager 'cos they are about to start sending stuff out -

"In a few days, we will start to send to our backers the Rookie Bundle.

Rookie Bundle includes:
    1 WW1 Rules and Accessories Pack: each pack includes Rules, Card, Counters, Rulers and everything you need to start playing.
    1 Spad XIII model (WGF101x): each pack includes painted and assembled model, complete with special gaming base, maneuver deck, airplane card.
    1 Sopwith Camel Model (WGF102x): each pack includes painted and assembled model, complete with special gaming base, maneuver deck, airplane card.
    1 Albatros D.V Model (WGF103x): each pack includes painted and assembled model, complete with special gaming base, maneuver deck, airplane card.
    1 Fokker Dr.I Model (WGF104A Manfred vob Richthofen, Red Baron): each pack includes painted and assembled model, complete with special gaming base, maneuver deck, airplane card."

Happy Landings !

Pete

Yep.
    Just when I thought it was safe to go out.
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    John
    Sorties Flown

Hmm, I've not heard anything.

Do you know if it's possible to request different planes? I already have two of two of those ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post

One of each

Quote Originally Posted by guthroth View Post
    I got an email today reminding me about the pledge manager 'cos they are about to start sending stuff out -

"In a few days, we will start to send to our backers the Rookie Bundle.

Rookie Bundle includes:
    1 WW1 Rules and Accessories Pack: each pack includes Rules, Card, Counters, Rulers and everything you need to start playing.
    1 Spad XIII model (WGF101x): each pack includes painted and assembled model, complete with special gaming base, maneuver deck, airplane card.
    1 Sopwith Camel Model (WGF102x): each pack includes painted and assembled model, complete with special gaming base, maneuver deck, airplane card.
    1 Albatros D.V Model (WGF103x): each pack includes painted and assembled model, complete with special gaming base, maneuver deck, airplane card.
    1 Fokker Dr.I Model (WGF104A Manfred vob Richthofen, Red Baron): each pack includes painted and assembled model, complete with special gaming base, maneuver deck, airplane card."

Happy Landings !

Pete
    Excellent news, ta much.
    I must admit that the rules and accessories pack looks to exceed my expectations as the only rules I have currently are the ones in the Nexus Wings of War boxes and these are pretty light.
    The RAP looks to be done to quite a high standard with lots of content.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSpy View Post
    Hmm, I've not heard anything.

Do you know if it's possible to request different planes? I already have two of two of those ones.
    I do not think that you can request different planes. My reading of the situation is that Ares will send you whichever of the named planes they feel like. I hope that the ones you receive do not duplicate the ones you own.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSpy View Post
    Save them for a repainting contest.

Users Country Flag

Name
    John
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I do not think that you can request different planes. My reading of the situation is that Ares will send you whichever of the named planes they feel like. I hope that the ones you receive do not duplicate the ones you own.
    I think your right, I was just hoping there might be the opportunity.

Still it means my nephew gets some planes, he'll be be happy enough!

Users Country Flag

Name
    John
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    Save them for a repainting contest.
    I'll give them away. I would love to repaint but it just wouldn't happen. I have decals I've never even bothered to apply!

You could preserve some in their original boxes to sell at toy collectors' fairs in the future.

Name:  10997_807297545989925_4479304537922877671_n.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  109.0 KB

The Rookie Reward arrived today. Can't wait for my very first sortie.

Good to hear that they are getting through.
    Rob.

Is everyone receiving the same planes? My box contained the same ones as in Dennis' photograph.

Got mine last week. I got Richtofen, Udet, Rickenbacker, and Ellwood. So it looks like its random.

Users Country Flag

Name
    John
    Sorties Flown

I think they are random. I let them know the ones I already had, and got them again anyway.

It is random based off of current stock levels. The one exception is that every Dr.I will be MvR.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtschwärmer View Post
    Name:  10997_807297545989925_4479304537922877671_n.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  109.0 KB

The Rookie Reward arrived today. Can't wait for my very first sortie.
    Perfect.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Can someone remind me when the other levels (veteran etc) are due to be posted?

October 2015.

Default Today's update-7/7/2015

Currently, we are still on track on the planned production schedule. Artwork for all the 4 beautiful game mats was finally completed about 2 weeks ago, and we are now finalizing all graphics files for mass-production - game mats, cards, rules, and packaging.
    The production of the miniatures themselves was perfectly on track, and it has now been completed.
    We plan to send files to production next week. About 7-10 days will be needed for proof-checking the printer files and for final approvals, and 6 to 8 weeks for production. So, we should be able to ship out of factory in September, and to have the "Giants of the Sky" in our warehouse in October, as planned.
    The unexpected is always around the corner, but we are quite positive that there will be little or no delay on the delivery schedule of this Kickstarter.

Thanks for your support,
    Roberto & The Ares Staff

Thanks for the update Sam.
    looks as if my Christmas pressie will be on time for the first time in three years.
    Rob.

Thanks for the update Sam.
    looks as if my Christmas pressie will be on time for the first time in three years.
    Rob.
    Don't hold your breath
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Don't hold your breath
    Now you mention it Gunners, I think I said something similar last year.
    Rob.

Good news. May be Ares learned something and next series...I afraid just to say it...should be released on time OK, OK, back to the ground

Well, at least they've made progress this far - it could have all been behind schedule already.

Smile

That is encouraging news.

"Wishing & Hoping"!

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Kickstarter for Game Mats
    By 7eat51 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-17-2015, 00:35
  2. Transportable Table Kickstarter
    By Zoe Brain in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19