Ares Games
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Wings of Glory "Giants of the Sky" Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Being that I'm an occasional BBG member, and not a regular poster there, I didn't realize I had to "become a fan". What's up with that?

Anyway, I'm Fan #203 now. Happy?
    Thanks--one more down toward the Stretch Goal.

Sorry, I see the same thing every day as a political activist--half the "street level" seats in a major political party are unfilled, the other half split almost evenly between my side and the Beltway Bandits... and most self-proclaimed activists on my side would rather grouse and gripe and Keyboard Kommando about what's being done wrong than Ruck Up and invest the one night every couple weeks to month that it would cost to actually change the voting makeup of the party rather than letting the Old Money Dynasties continue to enrich themselves and their cronies at the rest of the country's expense.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Deck II IN THE BAG! Now we just need another $15,000, 83 BGG Fans and 45 FB Likes for a clean sweep...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

And yet another stretch goal has been unlocked -- new aces and skill cards!
    Now if we can get $5000 a day for the next three fays, we can hope for the final "ctrw cards" goal ...

[Han Solo voice]"Geez, don't all thank me at once..."[/voice]

LOL

If we ever had to organize a new crusade, you'll be my first choice.

(Oh, we're still missing 15 ships, 253 heavy knights, 822 archers, 4056 halberdmen and about 15.000 pilgrims & fanatics...)
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

LOL, am I really THAT bad? (I was referring more to the fact that this was another case where one of my pledge increases pushed it across the line. )

I mean, come on, how much does it cost to toss a Like on FB or BGG? It's not like it's actually spending MONEY, or takes the effort to march even to the front door... LOL

Well, in my case, the obstacle to tossing a "like" towards the project on FacePlant is me joining FacePlant at all.

Users Country Flag

Name
    John
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    Well, in my case, the obstacle to tossing a "like" towards the project on FacePlant is me joining FacePlant at all.

Which is exactly the same obstacle Diamondback faces!

The BGG gap is baffling though, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    LOL, am I really THAT bad?

No, I like your engagement for the KS project.

*I* personally don't have an FB page--however, I used to be a member of a fiction site that required its members to have FB pages for our characters, and that account tossed one into the pot long ago.

Ditto re timing on BGG, but that is under my own account.

I just realized there are two different add-on decks now being offered -- the "ace and skills" deck (which has previously been published), and the "ace career" deck (which lists several aces not included in the original "aces and skills" deck).

Besides the inclusion of stats for new pilots, what's the difference between them?

And is the add-on "ace career deck" the same as the deck that was unlocked at $95,000?

Thanks.

-- Eris
    Last edited by Eris Lobo; 03-30-2015 at 15:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    (Oh, we're still missing 15 ships, 253 heavy knights, 822 archers, 4056 halberdmen and about 15.000 pilgrims & fanatics...)
    Knights? Archers? I can get us modern firepower, and people who know how to use it.

Hint: "Legio del Cid".... >:)

Eris, the old deck was "snapshots" of seven specific aces at the pinnacles of their careers. The new deck is six aces, repeating only Richthofen, tracing their careers and their rises to greatness.

@Marechallannes: Who needs knights if you can get nukes, or at least Close Air Support? *evil cackle*

Eris, the old deck was "snapshots" of seven specific aces at the pinnacles of their careers. The new deck is six aces, repeating only Richthofen, tracing their careers and their rises to greatness.
    *nods* Thanks. I got that from the description, but what does it actually mean? And is the $95,000 deck a separate deck altogether?

Completely different deck, if I'm understanding it right--similar layout to the original, but new airmen with new combinations of abilities. (Excuse me, momentary brainfart--with four different decks it's sometimes tough keeping straight.)

We're seeing four different decks on this: The original BGG Promo, Decks II-a and -b ($95,000--you're all welcome, BTW LOL) which are being co-bundled with each side's bombers to buff the bombers' opponents, Deck III (add-on only) the Career Pack, Deck IV ($110,000) the Bomber Abilities Pack.

The Career Pack, if I'm reading it right, will basically show each ace gaining abilities after each five kills or so, hopefully in rough historical order.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 03-30-2015 at 16:14.

Took a risk - went onto Farce-bork (first time in 2 years) and deposited "like"; now I guess I'll be hit with bucket-loads of updates, requests and "you-have-missed" garbage!
    We'd better get the total we need now.

Also joined BGG, deposited "Fan", then clicked the wrong icon, got lost and couldn't get OUT for nearly 10 minutes!!!!!
    The things I do for my first ever Kickstarter.......................

Also increased pledge $50, to get some add-ons.

And now we're just down to $13K, 29 FB Likes and 65 BGG Fans! This is usually a Danger Sign, but I'm starting to feel optimistic...

Thumbs up

Being a Facebook regular I clicked LIKE way back!

Yeah, the FB part is... well, less than surprising --the fact that 600 people so far can't put 300 points on the board at BGG is a real head-scratcher though.

The Career Pack, if I'm reading it right, will basically show each ace gaining abilities after each five kills or so, hopefully in rough historical order.
    The aces are linked to the planes we feature in the game. So Hawk at the moment he flew our D.H.2, Scaroni at the moment he flew our Hanriot, Collishaw when he used our twin-machineguns Triplane, and so on. Or at least, at one moment in which they flew that plane - as you see each card has a period marked on it, and the convention is that since an ace got a skill for every 5 official victories, a card with one skill is good from when he scored the 5th to when he scored the 10th, a card with two skills from when he got the 10th to when he got the 15th, and so on.

In the Career deck you do not get the whole career of the aces (a famed ace could need a whole deck alone) but several more steps in their career, preceding or following the one in ace decks, anyway still belonging to the periods in which they flew our miniatures.

Thanks for clarifying, Andrea.

Yes, thank you.

So KS gets my last 5 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Yes, thank you.

So KS gets my last 5 bucks.
    They got my first $1600 this morning I'll up that with Add-ons as we get closer to the end of the KS and see how close we are to that last deck of cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    The aces are linked to the planes we feature in the game. So Hawk at the moment he flew our D.H.2, Scaroni at the moment he flew our Hanriot, Collishaw when he used our twin-machineguns Triplane, and so on. Or at least, at one moment in which they flew that plane - as you see each card has a period marked on it, and the convention is that since an ace got a skill for every 5 official victories, a card with one skill is good from when he scored the 5th to when he scored the 10th, a card with two skills from when he got the 10th to when he got the 15th, and so on.

In the Career deck you do not get the whole career of the aces (a famed ace could need a whole deck alone) but several more steps in their career, preceding or following the one in ace decks, anyway still belonging to the periods in which they flew our miniatures.
    I like the idea of the cards being tied to the miniature the pilot flew as represented in the game. That's a nice touch.

At some point, I'd still really like to see a full set of Ace Cards that are not tied to a pilot at all though. That would allow us to have our own fictional pilots and give them Ace Skill cards. Perhaps in a campaign specific product

At this point, while I haven't fully pledged for them all yet, I've penciled in six to eight sets each of Bomber special tokens, and I know I'll probably want more later--how's that for a start on "market demand"?

Now that Ares has offered additional posters as an add-on, I'm debating how many of those I need too...

[Dan Aykroyd Blues Brothers voice]56 hours to goal. $9700. 49 BGG Fans. Twelve Facebook Likes. And I'm wearing sunglasses. Hit it."[/voice]

At this point, while I haven't fully pledged for them all yet, I've penciled in six to eight sets each of Bomber special tokens, and I know I'll probably want more later--how's that for a start on "market demand"?
    That's a start

So, at this moment... $7600, 40 BGG Fans and three FB likes to go. If you're on BGG and haven't Fanned the RAP, please consider it, and if you have and have friends on BGG, please ask them to toss a Fan up. It's Not Complicated, folks...

We're almost there!

One away on Farcebook...39 on BGG and just a dash under $7500.

THAT'S A HIT! Facebook goal down... BGG and KS Funding targets remain, 38 and ~$7300 respectively.

To be honest they (ARES) didn't really do themselves a favour by NOT putting a link to the FB or BGG pages that they wanted you to like within the Kickstarter campaign page.
    I had to go and do a search for each and then ended up being a 'fan' of 3 ARES listed products before finally hitting on the correct one!

For anyone else in similar situation:
    http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1...cessories-pack

Here's the link. Your target is a little pink heart in the top right corner below the counter that at this moment says "Fans: 266". Click that link, and you'll take that number up one if you're logged in.

Is it still possible to get the original "BGG Promo" ace ability pack? The GeekStore on BGG does NOT seem to have it anymore.

Yes--they're re-running it as part of the Kickstarter. That's the Aces Deck they refer to, the $95,000 Stretch was a second Aces deck that will *only* be packed with the Giants, the third deck they're offering, add-on only, is a new Careers deck which Andrea A. discussed above and the fourth deck which we're trying to unlock at $110,000 is exclusively bomber abilities.

See previous page of this thread.

ah, thanks.
    Got it now!
    [restricted] your pilot should have a Ace ability of +1 for clarifying (manoeuvring) :-)

LOL, who needs maneuver when you have a power-operated quad-.50 top turret?

"Go ahead... try and tailgate me... I DARE ya..." *evil grin*

Update: $5700 to go--can't check BGG because some buttnugget sysadmin here at Pizza Hut blocked them. Would you believe they're so asinine they even block most major network TV news sites over "media"?

Whoever set this thing up needs to have a meeting of the minds between the back of their head and the palm of Gibbs' hand, at high velocity...

BGG count is 272. BGG & WoW sites are perpetual tabs on my computer. Priorities...

Yes--they're re-running it as part of the Kickstarter. That's the Aces Deck they refer to,
    See previous page of this thread.
    Curses! Can't sell my spare deck on EvilBay for an obscenely inflationary price now

Edit: Hey DB, you're slipping - we haven't had a KS update from you for at least 4 hours now
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

LOL, who needs maneuver when you have a power-operated quad-.50 top turret?

"Go ahead... try and tailgate me... I DARE ya..." *evil grin*
    Given how often the crews locked it facing forward, or removed it entirely, I might not boast about that particular feature
    I'll admit that the proposed long ranged day fighter variant is on my what-if list

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Edit: Hey DB, you're slipping - we haven't had a KS update from you for at least 4 hours now
    ?
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

D**N! Just read through the KS comments page; I forgot about the contest
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thanks to some campaigning by Muzfish here in Canberra, BGG is now ... 296. 4 to go. And $3,912 to go for the last stretch goal (for now).

*bites fingernails in anticipation*

One BGG fan to go ...

... and only $901 on KS!!!

I'm not slipping, I just have limited WiFi most nights now that repairs are done and I've moved back into my house--usual diner has ongoing tech difficulties and the night-shift manager can't be bothered to get off her arse and tell the day-shift manager/owner about and get him to fix the router, and the pizza place where I end up dragged for Tuesdays with my relatives the buttnugget sysadmin has that nasty-arse OpenDNS Block malware set up to block anything beyond basic webmail including most news site. I'm surprised the Aerodrome, Anchorage and Kickstarter somehow aren't hit by it yet...

$900 and ONE LOUSY BGG FAN to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Given how often the crews locked it facing forward, or removed it entirely, I might not boast about that particular feature
    I'll admit that the proposed long ranged day fighter variant is on my what-if list
    A's and early B's, yes... the later B's (after a few blocks built without 'em) and C's had it debugged.

Haniwa on the KS site says the BBG goal has been reached!
    Karl

Booyah! The poster is in the bag!

Now just $657 to go on KS!

Well, more like $607 when you factor in my $50 when I go All In for the final push. Though if they announce a Last Day Blitz goal, I may be altering that to split $25 for the current, $25 for the final...

I did my part and dusted off my BGG login yesterday. Glad it helped!

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Haniwa on the KS site says the BBG goal has been reached!
    Karl

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Kickstarter for Game Mats
    By 7eat51 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-17-2015, 00:35
  2. Transportable Table Kickstarter
    By Zoe Brain in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 08:01
  3. Kickstarter hacked