Ares Games

Thread: Rules for 2-seater aircraft

Default Rules for 2-seater aircraft

I'm looking for the rules to use with 2-seater aircraft, and was hoping for some help.

By way of background, I just jumped into WoG (WWI) after sitting on the fence for quite some time.
    I picked up a duel pack and some other planes - including a couple of 2-seaters.

The rules that come with the duel pack don't address 2-seater aircraft. My primary question is how do you know which crewman is hit when you draw that card from the damage deck, but there are other issues I'd like clarification on as well, such as putting out fires with an injured pilot (but not an injured gunman), etc. I imagine these are laid out somewhere.

I see that the full rules to Wings of War are posted in the files section. Would these suffice for my purposes? Were changes made to them with regard to 2-seaters?

Many thanks.

Two-seaters behave pretty much like single seaters James, if you look at the WoW revised deluxe set rules in the files that should give you what you need regards blind-spots etc but you should aim to get a RAP to be bang up to date. There are a number of answers to your query re injury to the crew -
    There is the original option in the RDS where it the number of damage points is on the card decides who gets the damage, another way is to draw chits as for bomber crews - have a look at the Gotha rules in the files section, should be in there. Think it's roughly a third of a chance pilot/observer/both hit.
    Pilot hit doesn't affect flying as such but shooting & reloading so can dive do turns etc.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

I know, I know - I have to get the RAP!!
    It's just that I've plunked down $100 on this game already (which is a lot for me) - and really don't want to get in any deeper until I play it a few times.
    I ordered everything from Aerodrome, and RAP wasn't in stock.
    I want to continue to support the site, and so I'm also waiting for it to come back in stock here.
    So there are two things holding me up....

But thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by RJames View Post
    I know, I know - I have to get the RAP!!...
    I feel duty bound to say that but I don't have it myself ! Reason being I prefer the cards of WoW, in fact I pretty much prefer everything about WoW from the name to the art work and the quality of the Nexus mini but that's just my preference. The RDS rules should get you in the air and give you a decent amount of info for your needs, there are differences to WoG but nothing earth shattering !
    If you look in http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=4"]Game Aides[/URL] in the files you will find some WoG (WGF) reference cards that may help you along the WoG road and you may like to look at the sticky created by my old mate Gullyraker detailing the differences between the systems here: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ht=differences
    That should get you off the ground and gunning for trouble
    Last edited by flash; 02-14-2015 at 01:07.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. help with official miniaturs and WWI timeline for 2 seater observation aircraft
    By celticgriffon in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-06-2013, 05:22
  2. "Intercept a Two-seater" SOLO RULES
    By Nightbomber in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2012, 13:41
  3. General 2-Seater/3-Seater Poll
    By Mike W in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 06:57
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 08:30
  5. Multiplayer: PROTECT THE 2-SEATER (ALTITUDE RULES REQUIRED)
    By usmc1855 in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 10:32