Ares Games

Thread: Airfield Mop Up!

Lightbulb Airfield Mop Up!

This game was played Saturday February 7th at The Williamsburg Muster at 8 AM in the morning!

Background: After the initial success of the Luftwaffe attacks against Soviet front line airfields the, more rearward airfields were attacked. The Soviet defenders are few and in old equipment.

Set up: Two airfields centered on the table. Defenders start over their airfields. The attackers two firing sticks away from airfields.

Forces. German Four ME-109E7`s, Two JU-88`s and two JU-87`s.
    Russian Two I-16`s and two I-15`s.

The action started with two groups of German two 109`s a JU-88 and a JU-87 each going after an airfield. The Russians came on ready to take out the bombers. On the Third turn one of the I-16`s went down after flying in front of a 109. That set the tempo for the rest of the game. The left airfield was bombed and damaged 75% the Stuka in this group was shoot down. The attack on the other field was less effective by the JU-88 and the Stuka from this group headed for the other field in an attempt to knock it out. The Russians were in trouble when a lone Lagg-3 appeared. Even this late arrival could not reverse a disaster for the Russians when the last I-16 went down and the Lagg followed shortly.

Aftermath: Bombing and gun runs knocked out the left airfield and did extensive damage to the right airfield. The Victory went to the Germans. The two Russian triumphs of the night before were not repeated!
    We had a total of 7 players. Not bad foe 8 AM. It was a fun game!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P2060047.jpg   P2060048.jpg   P2060049.jpg   P2060050.jpg   P2060051.jpg  

P2060052.jpg   P2060053.jpg   P2060054.jpg   P2060055.jpg  

Nice idea this, thanks

Nigel

You may like the last AAR then also! I am working on it now!

Rich

Great scenario!
    How did you count the percentage of the damage for airfields?

Kubajs

I assigned each airfield a 40 damage point value. My percentage was a guess, but around 30 damage!

Rich

Well. So, how do you count the damage for the airfield?

Great photos for the Sat mission. As always great game, even though I lost my plane.

Kubajs

Sorry. The Ju-88 did four "D" chips damage to the airfield. The Russian player pulled them, just like air to air combat. I think he pulled two special damage a rudder hit and a crew hit. I use the same method for ships.

Rich

Nice game Richard. Great to see some more eastern Front scenarios being played.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Neil

They were fun and may do some more in August.

Rich

Nice AAR, Rich.

The Soviets did their best, but the invaders had more guns & and more hitpoints.

Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Similar Missions

1. What Airfield do you sortie from?
    By afilter in forum Polls
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-24-2017, 14:52
  2. South England New arrivals at my airfield!
    By sekwah275 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 08:20
  3. R.A.F. Airfield buildings
    By Naharaht in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-17-2014, 14:04
  4. Airfield flood!!
    By mtyree1972 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-09-2011, 18:10
  5. Airfield Photos