Based on the Fire in the Skies Campaign here, my son and I will run our own campaign. Our allied squadron will jump back forth against and ETO & PTO axis squadron's (reduced in size, as the allies will fly more often.)

Today we were testing out the new ME bf 110 plane that landed here recently. We decided on a simple 2 vs 1 action and rolled for some starting position (head to head, one jumps another and then starting positions) as well as who our pilots were. 2 of our 12 Allied pilots were selected and one of our two ME crews was selected.

In 1940 over Russia a ME bf 110 out for mischief chanced upon a routine air patrol. The patrol, a Yak flown by Veteran pilot Sous Lt Durand and a lend-lease Spitfire (represented by our P40) flown by Sgt Chief Giscion were intent on following the planned route and didn't notice the interloper. The wily Veteran German crew (Pilot Leutant Marechallanes/xxx/Gunner Bordshutze Fastgitwald) came in and dropped down behind the patrol, taking his time to get in close. The allied pilots didn't know anyone was behind them until it was the Germans opened fire.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1514.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	218.3 KB 
ID:	156846

The opening salvo lit up the air, and the Sous Lt Durand was startled out of the dull night patrol by an explosion behind him. The heavy guns of the nightfighter had torn up the spitfire and ignited the fuel, causing the small plane to erupt in flames. Durand cursed.

Name:	IMG_1515.jpg 
Size:	224.1 KB 
ID:	156847

The nightfighter turned it's attention to him and at long range he felt the plane take damage and start to smoke. (for some reason I subsequently drew counters thinking it was fire, but I had only picked up smoke counters, so I guess I just had a long day) (there is no picture of this shot.)

durand quickly turned to try and open up space from his assailant, but he felt his machine shutter and feared the worst, but quickly realized it wasn't as bad as he had feared. (Use Evasion to eliminate 5 marker)

Name:	IMG_1517.jpg 
Size:	204.3 KB 
ID:	156848

Marechallenes had slowed the Nightfighter to a crawl to figure out what the smaller Yak was going to do, allowing Durand time to perform an Immelman out of the deadly front guns of the nightfighter.

Name:	IMG_1518.jpg 
Size:	239.2 KB 
ID:	156849

As they passed each other Durand fired his guns but appeared to miss the mark as the wily German pilot maneuvered his plane out of the way.

Putting his plane under severe stress, Marechallanes managed to Immelman himself (lil GR had planned this one turn too late and would have left the field of play, so we moved this up a turn and he took "A" damage).

Durand attempted a tight turn trying to buy time to get this fire out, but his slow speed allowed the German to catch up and fire his mighty guns again, shredding the rudder and ailerons. Feeling the plane losing control, and seeing the flames spreading, Durand bailed out.

Name:	IMG_1520.jpg 
Size:	175.4 KB 
ID:	156850

=====
Aftermath:

Durand - shot down, wounded (just a scratch) managed to land safely and caught a ride from a farmer back to the air base. The Yak Squadron however would not replace that plane, due to a shortage of parts.

Name:	IMG_1521.jpg 
Size:	218.7 KB 
ID:	156851

Sgt Chef Chiscion - KIA (rolled a 2, -2 for explosion) = 0.
Plane was replaced in time for next battle.
His replacement pilot was another Free French Pilot, Pepe le Pew.

Leutant Marechallenes earned a nickname this day for his two Kill's "Boom-Boom" . 5 xp, 2 Kills.
Reargunner Fastgiwald - 1 xp, didn't even fire a shot.

The only damage the plane took was due to the stress of their sharp turn.

Name:	IMG_1522.jpg 
Size:	222.7 KB 
ID:	156852