Ares Games

Thread: A little more update on my progress.

Default A little more update on my progress.

Good evening everyone. How are we all?

A quick update from me. A while back I posted an update on my progress as a relative beginner and this is a further update.

My planes list has now expanded.....and contracted. I bought three Zvezda Ju88's and airbrushed these successfully. I also added a Beaufighter and a Lancaster.

However, I have found Spitfire MkI & II's difficult to come by so I planned to repaint the three PR Spits. If you remember I destroyed an FW190 stripping the paint from it. Guess what? Same again, different stripping technique, same result, three Spits all dead. SoI have just spent a small fortune getting some from the U.S. only to read a thread on the upcoming rumoured BoB releases later this year

Also said that I would like to write an AAR. Emboldened and invigorated by the release of the diceless solo rules, off I went. You can see the result here.

I have just finished my part in helping Lingster from NY finish a monster map project he has been working on. The man truly is a genius and has patience beyond the call of duty with the detail he has gone into on it. I have just done a tiny part and helped finish the sea texture. This will result in a file that can be printed at 300dpi and still be 10 foot by 8 foot with no enlargement! I have found a very close by supplier who will be able to print out a 4x3 section that will be perfect for my kitchen table and I might even get the whole thing done in two pieces that could be used for shows?

Right, enough for this evening. I love visiting and reading (I visit every day) and I apologise for being a quiet forum member. I feel that it is only right to give a little back too though.

I think my next post will be a bit about my planes and repaints. Hmmmmm.....

Cheers!

Hi zjamie, looks like you not having much luck with stripping.
    To be honest, I just undercoat the plane with thin white then paint over the lot and re-decal.
    Look forward to seeing your aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Hi zjamie, looks like you not having much luck with stripping.
    To be honest, I just undercoat the plane with thin white then paint over the lot and re-decal.
    Look forward to seeing your aircraft
    I will be just undercoating and painting over from now on!

That's what I do too!

Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateBuzz View Post
    I will be just undercoating and painting over from now on!
    That usually works well Jamie. Sometimes you can get the decals off, but a white spray undercoat usually does the trick. It is also good if new decals can go directly over the old ones.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

If you are interested. Here is a link to my collection as it stands on 9/02/2015.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...240#post334240

Please Ares. This year is 75 since the BoB. Please reprint or issue new colour schemes of Spitfires and Me109's. I have money waiting!

I had a look Jamie, and your B of B collection is very reminiscent of mine, even down to the two FWs that seem to have attached themselves.
    I started my WW2 collection about 18 months ago, so missed out on a lot of the early releases like you.
    Scouting around, and some very good friends on the Drome sorted out most of my needs. It is still worth checking out some of the little out of the way toy shops. You never know what they may have forgotten on their back shelves.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. I made some progress
    By fidelis in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-08-2014, 11:44
  2. Update on my Wings ofGlory progress.
    By PrivateBuzz in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-31-2014, 01:32
  3. Progress report
    By Badin23 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8