Ares Games

Thread: Illinois / Wisconsin Scramble

Default Illinois / Wisconsin Scramble

Hello everyone!!! There is a Squadron Scramble on February 7, 2015 from 10am to 4pm @ St Bridget Church Parish Center 600 Clifford Ave, Loves Park, Illinois 61111, just north of Rockford, Illinois. We will be flying WWI aircraft, and if you have a favorite scenario you would like to run, feel free to speak up. Please respond back to this posting if you are planning to be there!!!

Excellent! I'll be there.

Well alright!yes I plan on showing up

Hey... I need to see whats up that day, but I think I can be there...

Beth and I will be there. I will bring my maps,planes and 2 cans each for donation.
    Mike are you going to run those two scenarios?

Sure, we can do those.

Looks like we will be in the basement this time!!! Gunnar, bring your stuff to sell!!!

I'll bring it .. hopefully find some good homes for them., haha.. I'll be taking requests for some repaints too.. I have vision issues right now, but when thet clears up, I'm gonna do some more repainting..

Looking forward to seeing the old gang again.

Mike, I don't have the I decks you need for the Nieuport 17/23. See the other post (for sale) to see what decks I have.

Bob

I do have a couple spare I decks.. I'll bring them

Artoftatt2

My son and father in law will be trying to make it out to a few games.. Especially if the weather is good.. I don't think I can make February but could make March..

What works best for you, I'm hoping we get back to a once a month game day, but ultimately it depends on availability for some of us.. but always, the more the merrier..

Artoftatt2

Personally Sunday's are the easiest but I know that a lot of people have church and family things on Sunday's..

The March event is scheduled at my place in Aurora, Sat. Mar. 7. There is a post for it, but more info forthcoming.

Mike, I have 2 B decks that I will bring for you.
    Bob

Tim, what is the head count?

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Have fun, guys! Bit of a hike for someone from Ohio, especially during the school year, but maybe if there's something going on in the summer I could make it up. Have a great time and make sure you shoot down those bad guys, whichever side they're on. Hope the weather cooperates...

All the best,
    Matt

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Have fun, guys! Bit of a hike for someone from Ohio, especially during the school year, but maybe if there's something going on in the summer I could make it up. Have a great time and make sure you shoot down those bad guys, whichever side they're on. Hope the weather cooperates...

All the best,
    Matt

Minor amount of bad news. I have to work Sat. until around noon. Should be able to make it around 2:00PM. See you then.

Like Gunnar, I am going to bring some WOG/WOW stuff to sell, as well as some SOG stuff. So bring your money, cuz I sell cheap to move products!!!

The head count so far is 8-9, with Michael coming late. But there are others I have not heard from!!!

Hey Scott, here is a link to the solo rules I was talking about.. very easy to understand, and be suer to print the template on sturdy card stock..

http://tynesidewargames.co.uk/wowrules.html

Quote Originally Posted by rote Flügel View Post
    Hey Scott, here is a link to the solo rules I was talking about.. very easy to understand, and be suer to print the template on sturdy card stock..

http://tynesidewargames.co.uk/wowrules.html
    Or if you like, Keith sells a plastic one at the AA store:
    http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/...-template.html
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Hey Gunnar thanx for that info.had a kick arse time at the scramble.thank for sharing your knowledge of the game and painting.

Thank for putting the scramble together. Had a great time.really enjoyed the opportunity to meet the group.sorry your planes took such a beating.thank for sharing your knowledge of the game.also for the deals.

Enjoyed meeting you and" the trenchwench"(beth).thank for sharing your knowledge and planes.

Sorry you weren't able to get to the scramble earlier.that was a pretty,pretty cool scenario.enjoyed meeting you.thank for sharing your expertise. I plan to attend the march scamble.

Had a great time. Would have liked to have been there sooner but duty called at Nitrex. Here are some scenes.

Scott and Gunnar planning on how to destroy our convoy.
    Name:  DSC_0001.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  138.5 KB

Beth seems satisfied with the British intercepting plan.
    Name:  DSC_0004.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  186.0 KB

Planes afire and smoking. Ships damaged and on fire. Better yet, its all in one small area of the game table!
    Name:  DSC_0010.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  139.5 KB

What a crew! L to R, Kyle (Tims oldest), Tim, Tims youngest (and I just forgot his name), Bob, Beth, Gunnar, Patty and Scott
    Name:  DSC_0011.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  168.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&pretzels View Post
    Planes afire and smoking. Ships damaged and on fire. Better yet, its all in one small area of the game table!
    Name:  DSC_0010.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  139.5 KB]
    Love the mass of two-seaters! You can never have too many DH.4s (and F.2Bs)!

It was a great day... had a great time, I stepped out of my element and flew som british planes instead of German as I usually do.. just the first game though... then flew a Gotha in the 2nd game. Never flew one before, and that was a nifty learning experience.

Hope you get some good use from the solo rules Scott. Might be worth getting the template from the drome store, it looks great and you can paint the numbers if you need to see them better.

We had a good time, thanks Tim for hosting it and thanks for the pizza.

Starting to really like the Bris - fits!

Similar Missions

1. Illinois: Beat to Quarters - Illinois/ Wisconsin. (Scramble)
    By crashx in forum US Wing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-04-2014, 14:12
  2. Illinois: Scramble - December - Illinois / Wisconsin Squadrons
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-02-2013, 18:24
  3. Illinois: Squadron Scramble - Illinois / Wisconsin
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 09:55
  4. Illinois: Squadron Scramble - Illinois / Wisconsin