Ares Games

Thread: Damage Deck B - WoW versus WoG

Question Damage Deck B - WoW versus WoG

I've just jumped into WoG earlier this week after months of sitting on the fence.
    I had hoped to pick up both duel packs, but alas that proved very difficult to do (and certainly not economical).
    Aerodrome sold one of the duel packs, and I placed an order for that and a handful of 6 other planes - including two 2-seater planes.

I did not pick up the Rules & Accessories Pack because, my sizeable early investment notwithstanding, I did want to economize somewhat here and pretty much spent all I had available to spend on the planes themselves. Part of my reasoning was the difficulty I had tracking down certain models, whereas the Rules and Accessories Pack seems readily available.

Herein lies my problem and question:

I've discovered since placing my order that the 2-seater planes require "Damage Deck B" to be played correctly. The duel pack only comes with "Damage Deck A." I see here on Aerodrome's Files section the cards for Wings of War's Damage Deck B, and was wondering if it could be used as a fair/good substitute for the Wings of Glory Damage Deck B for the time being. Indeed, are they perhaps identical?

Many thanks.

You can halve the damage as one option. (round up)

Buy the Rules & Acessoire pack.

You shouldn't miss all the rules, options and additional damage decks.

It's worth the money. Trust me.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Sven is right, don't hold back, get the Rules set.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Ron!

I certainly understand the limitations of finances, so can find no fault with your reasoning. I would suggest, however, that the Rules & Accessories Pack is a sound next purchase, as it contains the complete rules, tokens/chits/etc., and the necessary damage cards to play as you like.

In the meantime, however, the damage decks on the site can serve as a temporary substitute... despite the fact that I don't believe them to be identical (can't remember, exactly, and don't have them readily at hand). Either way, they should serve your purpose until you're able to get your hands on a copy of the RAP.

----------------------------------

Sven and Peter have the right of it... the RAP is extremely useful.
    Last edited by fast.git; 01-27-2015 at 07:57. Reason: Giving credit...

Thank you all. Assuming that the game doesn't completely bomb with my group, the RAP was going to be my very next purchase. I just wanted to try it out with the basic rules set first, and with enough planes for everyone who's interested to get involved. I know that the duel pack only comes with 2 player consoles, but it seems easy enough to replicate those for the time being as well.

Completely aside, I had TSR's Dawn Patrol as a kid, and kept trying to like the game, but just couldn't get into it (the theme, which I love, notwithstanding). That said, I couldn't bring myself to throw it out, and plan on finally using its map again (and perhaps some of its other player aids) after all these years!

Welcome Ron!!!! NJ is lovely today! I am not playing WGF (First World War), so I can't help you. Enjoy the game though! The rules are definitely helpful. WoW & WoG rules are fairly similar I believe. See in the air!

Hey Ron,

Welcome to the site officially. The old damage decks in the Files section are very outdated and were player created, not official in any way. I don't think they were even "correct" and should have been pulled form the site a long time ago. I'm pretty sure I have an old Wings of War B damage deck I can drop in the mail to you... I'll check when I get home. In the mean time, the game's author suggest that we halve the A damage deck and round up as stated by teaticket above.

As others have said, the RAP is well worth the price and should definitely should be your next purchase.

Welcome, from Bristol, UK

Get the R&AP while you can is my best advice, over here it is getting to be , if not already, as rare as Rocking Horse Manure

You have been told that it has a pretty rule book and all the chits you will need.
    It also has the A,B,C & D damage deck, so with your Duel pack you'll gave a double A which is always handy for multiplayer games.
    It really cannot be emphasised enough that this is a really important purchase if you do not already have the damage decks

Welcome to the Drome on behalf of the rest of the pilots based here in the U.K. Ron.
    What the other chaps say is very true.
    The Rules sets come and go like snow in summer. It is best to grab one whilst you can.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thank you for all the advice.

Oberst Hajj, thank you for that kind and generous offer. Please don't trouble yourself so - By the sound of it, I'm sure to be picking up the RAP within a few weeks or so. I can make do until then.

LOOP

I started with a ww1 Deluxe set. 4 planes, 2 damage decks. Everything you need for the game.
    I bought the RAP after a few mounths. New updated set of rules, 4 damage decks and so on.
    I use it every time I play. Great adition

LOOP

I started with a ww1 Deluxe set. 4 planes, 2 damage decks. Everything you need for the game.
    I bought the RAP after a few mounths. New updated set of rules, 4 damage decks and so on.
    I use it every time I play. Great adition

LOOP

Must be something wrong with my computer............ More double posting

I just had the same experience on other topic... It happens sometimes.

I would just do -1 on each damage card. but keep a 1 a 1.

For what it's worth, I've printed out the Damage Deck B file here on the Aerodrome (with the blue "Wings of War" backing), and received a copy of the official Damage Deck B deck from Wings of War (with the reddish orange backings). I've compared the two and can report that they are substantively identical - same number of cards, same number of each type of card, etc. When I get my hands on the Damage Deck B from the RAP, I'll compare those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RJames View Post
    For what it's worth, I've printed out the Damage Deck B file here on the Aerodrome (with the blue "Wings of War" backing), and received a copy of the official Damage Deck B deck from Wings of War (with the reddish orange backings). I've compared the two and can report that they are substantively identical - same number of cards, same number of each type of card, etc. When I get my hands on the Damage Deck B from the RAP, I'll compare those as well.
    They will be the same. I use triple decfks and have some Wings of War and Wings of Glory mixed together. Several times I have gone through them to make sure they are all there because once in a while I pull a B from my A deck. How did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    They will be the same. I use triple decfks and have some Wings of War and Wings of Glory mixed together. Several times I have gone through them to make sure they are all there because once in a while I pull a B from my A deck. How did that happen?
    i use a wog a deck and a wow b deck to attempt to avoid mixing a as and bs. somehow they still manage to get mixed though

Similar Missions

1. A Damage Deck
    By Cinther in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 13:15
  2. FS: D damage deck, new
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 07:19
  3. damage deck
    By va beach ace in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 3