Ares Games

Thread: Aircraft of the Spanish Civil War

Default Aircraft of the Spanish Civil War

Found a treasure trove of photos and full-color aircraft profiles my father collected from a number of magazines (late '60s)... some pretty cool stuff. The first installment is an assortment of aircraft flown in the Spanish Civil War.

Please bear with as I've reduced the size of the pics. I will replace with larger, more database-demanding images should these be too small to be of use.

First, the photos... please let me know if the photos or text is too small.

And now the profiles...

I-16 Type 10 from International Brigade Sqdn. [1939]

I-16 Type 10 flown by Canadian Derek ****inson. Cmdr. of Rep. A.F. Sqn. Alas Rojos ("Red Wings") [1938]

Fiat C.R. 32 flown by an unknown pilot in Aviacion del Tercio ("Foreign Legion of the Air")

Fiat C.R. 32 flown by top Spanish Nationalist ace, Joaquin Garcia Morato. Led Patrulla Azul ("Blue Patrol")

Dewoitine D-27C.1 of the International Brigade, Garibaldi Battalion (Italian)

And, last but not least, a Condor Legion Bf 109C... apologies for the poorly-cropped photo. The spinner should be black.

Messerschmitt Bf 109C from Condor Legion's Battle Gp. 88, serving with Nationalists' Sixth Gp.

Thanks, my friend.
    My Spanish Civil War planes are on the making.

Here are a couple more I-16s in Republican service, and one in Russian livery (1942).

Fantastic!

Love the photos as they tend to help us ascertain which aircraft actually were present in any kind of numbers etc.

I have been tracking down aircraft of the SCW in 1/100 (and now 1/200) scale for a long time now. I have found a few obscure models and companies that many may not yet be aware of. However, with the advent of Shapeways 3D printing services and designers, it appears that my little list doesn't really have the value it used to.

I hope to, sooner than later, become a 3D designer myself,f so that I do not have to "beg" others to do my "dirty" work...hehe

I love the potential of this thread.

Thank you!

Cheers,

FF

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-18-2015, 17:22
  2. WGSF New source of 1/144 Spanish Civil War aircraft
    By Guntruck in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2013, 00:24
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 04:50
  4. AAR (SND week 2) - Spanish Civil War - Battle of Guadalajara March 1937 (Part Two)
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-07-2013, 01:21
  5. AAR (SND week 2) - Spanish Civil War - Battle of Guadalajara March 1937 (Part One)
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-06-2013, 08:29