Ares Games

View Poll Results: Which ACW Aircraft First?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKER FURY

9 50.00%
  • BRÉGUET XIX

2 11.11%
  • NIEUPORT-DELAGE NiD-52

2 11.11%
  • HEINKEL He-112

8 44.44%
  • GRUMMAN FF1/G23

5 27.78%
  • GOURDOU-LESEURRE GL-32

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What Spanish Civil War Aircraft would you most want to see first?

Default What Spanish Civil War Aircraft would you most want to see first?

All,

Though relatively new to these forums, I am a long time war gamer and scale modeller.

As some of you may have noticed, I am actually working on several AIM aircraft in converting them to their SCW (earlier) configurations, and once done, Dave Schmid of AIM will begin casting, and offering them for sale on his site.

I will be offering Painted/Finished models in my eBay store, etc.

So, What SCW Iconic aircraft would you most want to see represented first? Note: Most of those that are already modifiable/convertable from WWII will already be offered, or soon available, from AIM and a few Shapeways designers. So, I am looking for those most desirable aircraft that are a little less than main-stream and definitely SCW appropriate. Please choose your top 3

1. HAWKER FURY
    2. BRÉGUET XIX
    3. NIEUPORT-DELAGE NiD-52
    4. HEINKEL He-112
    5. GRUMMAN FF1/G23
    6. GOURDOU-LESEURRE GL-32
    Last edited by FatalFlaw; 01-21-2015 at 19:37. Reason: Clarity for number of choices

...On a side note, Minairons Miniatures, out of Spain has just released its Grumman FF-1 in 1/100 scale and it should be available fairly soon in 1/144...

Cheers!

FF

My first choice would be Polikarpov I-153

Hi H,

While I love the Polikarpov I-153 myself, none of them actually appeared to have made it into service during the Spanish Civil War. They did see extensive service in the Battles of Khalkhyn Gol (Battles of Nomonhan) and other Soviet-Japanese Border conflicts as well as in the Sino-Japanese War, prior to WWII, and thus do fit into my particular interest of "Inter-War" aircraft. I know they also served in the Finnish Wars on both sides and no doubt were still used by the Soviets in WWII as Trainers and Ground Attack A/C.

It should also be noted that though the I-152 or I-15bis saw some service in the SCW, very few made it and many historians doubt whether or not they saw any combat service there. Meanwhile, it is apparent that they did see extensive service with the Chinese and again with the Soviets (of course), in primarily secondary roles, during WWII, or the Great Patriotic War.

Please note that this is all off of the top of my head and if I am mistaken, I look forward to more information, of course.

Thank you for your input. This is one aircraft model I am sure that we will see soon as well. I personally have several from Shapeways...

Cheers,

FF
    Last edited by FatalFlaw; 01-26-2015 at 08:16. Reason: Diction and Spelling errors...oops!

I did have earlier Chaikas (15bis or 152) in mind

It was freudian slip, I guess

I voted Hawker Fury, because I can use it for early WW2 as well.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Пилот View Post
    I did have earlier Chaikas (15bis or 152) in mind

It was freudian slip, I guess
    Hey No Problem, I mean look at the Title of my poll, it reads: Which ACW Aircraft first?....lol

I guess the answer for that one would be either Balloons, Congrieve Rockets, or perhaps a DaVinci Invention...lol

Cheers Mate!

FF

DH Dragon Rapide not on the list? How do you get Franco back to the mainland without one?

Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Howdy Guntruck,

IKR...This is so funny 'cause I was just ordering 2 of these from Shapeways...I mean just now...lol

Oh and 2 Potez 540's as well...

FF

I chose the Grumman; I have fond memories of using a pair of "Fefes" to bomb a truck convoy in a SCW game of M&M at old gaming con.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Jager and All,

It is nice to see that there appears to be a decent amount of interest in this period and these A/C here.

I look forward to adding some cool pics of my collection in the appropriate forums, once I finish a few more and get many from my collection, which is about 3k miles away from me at present...

Also, I need to make a few purchases from the Aerodrome store as well...

Cheers,

FF

Default Fury seems to be the winner....

Thank you, to all that have bothered to cast a vote here. It seems that the Hawker Fury/Spanish Fury is the winner thus far...

I have contacted Kampfflieger to request that he do these in both 1/200 and 1/100 scales...Fingers crossed for a quick response.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

FF

Good News!

Kampfflieger has gotten back to me and it seems like he is committed to doing the Hawker Fury this Spring, as it is one of his favorites as well...YAY!!!

So much cheaper than the $24.00 ones, that I found, on a British site, in white medal...

I can hardly wait for these, in both scales, as I am getting several of the Grumman FF-1's from Minairons, here this next week. I'll post pics ASAP!

Heinkel He.112 and maybe even the He.70 next!

Cheers Ladies & Gents!

FF

How could you exclude the Polikarpov I-15 and I-16 from the poll? They would be useful for the Spanish Civil War and WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    How could you exclude the Polikarpov I-15 and I-16 from the poll? They would be useful for the Spanish Civil War and WW2.
    First, Hi! ...and thanks for at least taking the time to chime in.

Second, your answer is in my original post/poll set-up.

The answer to your question is that this poll covers aircraft other than the I-15, I-15bis/I-152 (which saw little if any combat service in this conflict anyway), I-16, Cr.32, Bf.109, He.51B/C, or the Ju.87A/B-1...All of these are already available from several sources including 3 Shapeways Designers and AIM.

I was thinking my next poll will cover bombers of the SCW. As I wasn't specific about that here. Heck! My next poll should probably be Attack Aircraft and Bombers to include the following:

Breguet 460 M4
    Breda Ba.65
    Heinkel He.70
    Henshel Hs.123
    Northrop 5B Gamma
    Vultee V-1/V-1A

...as many of the others you may be thinking of, like the He.111, the Sm.79, or the SB-2 are, again, already out there.

Cheers,

FF
    Last edited by FatalFlaw; 02-13-2015 at 16:24. Reason: Grammer and new list...

Quote Originally Posted by FatalFlaw View Post
    ...and once done, Dave Schmid of AIM will begin casting, and offering them for sale on his site.... I will be offering Painted/Finished models in my eBay store, etc.
    Any Links Please (for both)? For us Rookie Pilots not familiar with these things...

Quote Originally Posted by Mycenius View Post
    Any Links Please (for both)? For us Rookie Pilots not familiar with these things...
    Dave Schmid of Armaments in Miniature http://www.armamentsinminiature.com/ has a great selection of 1/200 (9mm) aircraft and decals, as well as a nice model of a "drachen" style observation balloon in 1/144 (12mm).

Good products and good service.

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    Dave Schmid of Armaments in Miniature http://www.armamentsinminiature.com/ has a great selection of 1/200 (9mm) aircraft and decals, as well as a nice model of a "drachen" style observation balloon in 1/144 (12mm).

Good products and good service.
    I must concur with Christopher!

Also, I have included links to AIM's 1/200 scale page, as well as a link to one of my current offerings. There will be more soon, but I am currently en route to California, so it may be a few days before I post more for auction.

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/armamen.../resin09mm.htm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wings-of-Glo...#ht_1326wt_870

Welcome to The Aerodrome John!

Cheers,

FF

Thank You Chaps - on both counts!

Similar Missions

1. WGSF New source of 1/144 Spanish Civil War aircraft
    By Guntruck in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2013, 00:24
  2. WSF WGS Spanish Civil War 1936-39 - 1/200 Shapeways Potez 540, Spanish Republic
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 02:35
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-12-2013, 18:43
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 04:50
  5. WGS Spanish Civil War - 1/200 AIM Spanish Republican Polikarpov I-16 Typ 10's
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-03-2013, 22:20