Ares Games

Thread: Maneuver Deck Question

Default Maneuver Deck Question

In two parts, actually:
    Part 1: How does the E+ deck differ from the E deck? I've been searching in the Files section for the deck listings, can't find it (might be there, and I just missed it), the Rules section, the House Rules section, still can't find it.

Part 2: I did find some references to it in the solo maneuver decks/charts, in regards to the Nieuport 11/Eindekker; but would any other aircraft use the E+ deck, either officially or unofficially as a house rule?

Blackronin will have the answer for this. I think he added some sharp turns to the E deck to give it the mobility advantage over the eindecker it should have.

Yeah,

What Sam said.

Having worked on the Universal Solo Deck, that may be an extra Blue reference card? Something to tell users what the "*" and "+" symbols mean to the decks.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Blackronin will have the answer for this. I think he added some sharp turns to the E deck to give it the mobility advantage over the eindecker it should have.
    Hi Sam, the E+ deck differs from the E deck by having additional 90 deg turns, one each way. It is totally unofficial and was created specifically for the Nieuport 11 by Joaquim for the reasons Peter stated above. As he was creating a series of solo charts he created one for this 'deck' also.
    There was a discussion about the idea on a thread somewhere but I've not been able to find it !

"He is wise who watches"

Ah, definitely helps. Thank you. I have cross-posted the replies to the Universal Diceless Solo Deck thread, which of course, was what prompted me to start this one.

For anyone looking for the E+ 90 degree turns (2.9cm arrows), try these:

Maneuver Deck E+ Additional Cards
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

This is what happens when I have to light out for a "quick trip" to the grocery store. Thanks, Mike.

So should I be using the E+ deck for our OTT solo missions?

They are totally unofficial Si, so no, besides we are way past N.11's now - well we are....
    Last edited by flash; 01-25-2015 at 04:11.

"He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. P 38 lighting maneuver deck question
    By Gbear58 in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 01:38
  2. WGF Looking for an 'F' maneuver deck
    By chimpchoker in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 16:16
  3. XD maneuver deck
    By Lloydthegamer in forum WGF: General Discussions