Ares Games

Thread: Bad night to fly alone

Monte175

Cool Bad night to fly alone

While flying a fresh 190 without the company of my sick wing-man, I was set upon by a mark iv Spitefire and a f4 gruman. Not my night! The spite came in from the front and the gruman came in low from the left. I got lucky with the fact my 190 was able to out distance the incoming gruman. The spite got in a long shot on me. No damage but rattled my nerves. I tried to give him one but that slide move just got him out of range. I guess he panicked. He took off in the opposite direction of the gruman. I turned into a tight turn trying to get a angle on the gruman. I manged to pull a stall right in front of him. We tore after each other dealing close range too both. I caught 12 on a single pass! He got it even worse. 8 plus a critical hit.Down he went. I got caught up watching the fire drift away from me allowing the spit on my 6! A long range on me got me burning.... In the moment the young spite pilot turned the wrong way not getting a second shot. I got up close on him. The 3 big guns tore him to pieces. I was happy with the turn of events till I checked my last fire damage token to see that I also was walking home. The 3 of us toasted the night away as we all walked back to our hangers......... Ill have my spare 190 in the air soon.
    Monte175

That is a great narrative AAR, Paul! Well done.

Paul

Any one you fly away from is good! David and i both know that!

Rich

3 up, 3 down.
    Nice little write-up

Great narrative Paul.
    Here's to the next one.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. Night Witch
    By Baldrick62 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-18-2013, 21:02
  2. fight night
    By 82fox in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 04:23
  3. Night Flying
    By Aero825 in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 19