Ares Games

Thread: Another Illinois Happening

Default Another Illinois Happening

I cordially invite any and all pilots to a Wings of Glory (War) extravaganza at my place, aka The Crib, in Aurora on March 7, 2015. If you can make it post up and I'll PM my address and phone #.

Mike

After last weekends get together I am really looking forward to another. If you're interested post up and I'll provide my address, phone number, directions, etc.

Beth and I will be at your place and I will let you know if some of the other guys are coming.

Hey mike I'll be there not sure about the Mrs..what was the company your ships came from that scenario was kick arse.

Scott, those were part of the Falkland Islands battle set. If you liked that scenario, I have a few others that have been well received and I'm working up a couple more. I'm hoping we can play 3 scenarios on the 7th. I'd like to start with the one I've titled "Last Flight of the Red Baron".

Oh that was really cool.flying a gotha,bombing ships!what a gas! Hopefully i'll have mastered my left from my other left so as not to mess up another mission.I'm going to check that Falkland island set thanks for info.

How many for Saturday and what time are we starting?
    At this time it is Beth,myself and Rick.
    Do you need me to bring anything,maps,mini's?

Default illi scamble

Quote Originally Posted by BBSuds View Post
    How many for Saturday and what time are we starting?
    At this time it is Beth,myself and Rick.
    Do you need me to bring anything,maps,mini's?
    Hey you guys!Patti and I plan on flying also.anything we should pack?food drink planes etc.

Should have 3 or 4 of my usual gaming buds over. I should be OK on planes, however any favorite repaints may be put to use. Bob, bring your open sea mat and your coast line mat. I will have pop, beer, and hard liquor. I am planning on making spinach dip, tuna/onion chip dip and then ordering pizzas around 3:00 PM. If you guys want bring anything else, maybe a favorite beverage or snack or something new you would like to try but need some other guinea pigs. Probably start around 1 PM, I may have to work Sat. morning. I'll post up tomorrow if work schedule changes. See everybody on Sat.

Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I wanna fly too!!!

Food, alcohol, and planes with excellent company too.....what more could you ask for. Wish I was there too.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Had a great time Saturday. Hope everyone else did too! Also, I really want to thank you guys and girls for the present of the cockpits, card caddies, clouds, etc. They will really come in handy. Here are some photos;

Name:  DSC_0014.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  197.5 KB
    Scheming German players, Bob, Scott and Rick

Name:  DSC_0015.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  180.8 KB
    Fearless British players myself, Beth and Patti

Name:  DSC_0016.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  197.3 KB
    Opening moves, Beth and Patti going after Bob.

Name:  DSC_0017.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  205.2 KB
    The Red Baron (Rick) makes a vain attempt to stop a pair of Re.8's (Mike) from bombing trenches.

Name:  DSC_0021.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  148.2 KB
    The victorious Germans with their reinforcement (Ken) explaining their superior strategy.

Name:  DSC_0023.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  194.3 KB
    When someone receives 8 zero damage cards out of twelve, any strategy is a good one!
    Last edited by Beer&pretzels; 03-09-2015 at 16:03. Reason: needed more verbage

Good thing those allied pilots were drinking the cheap domesticated beer! The Baron salutes the Jasta for their defeat of the enemy against extrodinary odds (2 mysterious spads who showed up late and were shot down). Thanks for the great time and good german beer provided by Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&pretzels View Post
    Had a great time Saturday. Hope everyone else did too! Also, I really want to thank you guys and girls for the present of the cockpits, card caddies, clouds, etc. They will really come in handy. Here are some photos;

Name:  DSC_0014.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  197.5 KB
    Scheming German players, Bob, Scott and Rick

Name:  DSC_0015.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  180.8 KB
    Fearless British players myself, Beth and Patti

Name:  DSC_0016.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  197.3 KB
    Opening moves, Beth and Patti going after Bob.

Name:  DSC_0017.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  205.2 KB
    The Red Baron (Rick) makes a vain attempt to stop a pair of Re.8's (Mike) from bombing trenches.

Name:  DSC_0021.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  148.2 KB
    The victorious Germans with their reinforcement (Ken) explaining their superior strategy.

Name:  DSC_0023.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  194.3 KB
    When someone receives 8 zero damage cards out of twelve, any strategy is a good one!

Thanks Mike for everything.
    Beth and I had a great time. The time went buy to quick, but that's what happens when your having fun!
    Can't wait to try the Italian scenario again. Any pictures of that one?
    Thank you Ken for the "sliders" they are still sliding!!!
    Looking forward to our next gathering.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BBSuds View Post
    Thanks Mike for everything.
    Beth and I had a great time. The time went buy to quick, but that's what happens when your having fun!
    Can't wait to try the Italian scenario again. Any pictures of that one?
    Thank you Ken for the "sliders" they are still sliding!!!
    Looking forward to our next gathering.
    Bob
    Hey mike thanks for the great time!love the large scenarios!Flying bombers is a gas!nice to have met a couple more members of the club.missed u crashx&sons hope your outing went well.
    Sctodd

Mike your music selection was unreal.nice flying to some good music.Gunnar missed you also .how did you do?

Sctodd

Hey, Anchor Steam isn't cheap domestic beer but I probably should have bought Guiness. Sounds like everyone had a good time. I forgot to take pictures of the Italian scenario, I'd like to try that next time we get together. Rick, any time one is flying over France a random SPAD or two are bound to appear. Besides you only shot down one of them.

Sounds like you all had a great day.. I did too, got in lots of games and even though I placed 10th, of 18 players, I had a great time. My friends that went down with me placed 6th and 3rd, so we did pretty well. We'll be going down again as it was a good crowd and they seemed to get a kick out of our sense of humor.. that or they thought we were nuts.. lol

Hopefully I can get with you guys for the next sortie and help bring victory once again to the Central Powers...

Bravo, Central powers, well done!!! (But, I have to point out, the British team was better looking then you Sauer Krauts!!!)

Similar Missions

1. What's happening about old Wings of War miniatures?
    By Oily Goggles in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 17:27
  2. Illinois: Time for another happening
    By Beer&pretzels in forum US Wing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 14:49
  3. Illinois: Happening at Games Plus
    By Beer&pretzels in forum US Wing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 10:01
  4. Illinois: Another Rockford Happening