Ares Games

Thread: Four weeks till Williamsburg Muster!

Smile Four weeks till Williamsburg Muster!

Four Weeks and counting, the Williamsburg Muster getting closer!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_6196.jpg   P2010014.jpg   100_6583.jpg   100_6584.jpg  

So this is what we will be flying? I can a Nell or two to add to the bombers.

Bob

If we could convince the IJN to support the IJA over the Khalkhin Gol why not. I used the Claude photo, because i only have two Nates!!! How many do you have? I have some KI-21`s for heavy bomber roll.

Rich

Well here are some photos of what I have.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP_7192.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	154806

These are the Japanese planes all together.

Name:	DCP_7195.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	154807

Name:	DCP_7196.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	144.6 KB 
ID:	154808

Name:	DCP_7197.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	143.0 KB 
ID:	154809

Name:	DCP_7199.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	154810

And now you can see there are Claude's/Ann's/Nate's/Nell's

There is still some time and a have some I could build. 1 Claude Special and 1 Claude B&C. What plane is #1 in Collection 5? I still have 3 of them unbuilt.

Two weeks to go! Bob i am still working on first scenario. No pressure though!!!

Rich

I just registered for the Muster and made my hotel reservations. The Pre-reg discount ends tomorrow, so register now if you haven't already done so.

I will see y'all on Friday, February 6.

David

That was all done in early December. The Pel will hopefully be out soon! See you on the 6th.

Rich

Yes I am all set so see you all in a few weeks. Looking forward to gaming with friends and having fun.

Count me in for the Friday night game and Saturday morning game. Other games will pull me in later Saturday.

David

I only have two sessions planned Saturday night with 1939 themed games east and west. Saturday morning will be 1941 inspired!

Rich

How is your weather there today? Light dusting here in MD right now. You can count me in on all games you run. Any additional planes you need. I do have Claude's and I-16's and can work on some Buffalos.

Bob

Looking forward to to seeing you! Our day was overcast and 45. Tonight rain and a low of about 34 it might go to snow but no accumulation to speak of. Back to 40 again tomorrow.

Rich

Looks like a good time.
    Maybe I can make the August event.

Mischa if you can you should try for this event. Small but always a good time. First time I went to the Aug event my wife and I went to Jamestown. That was really interesting. The past few years I have found things to do on the way to GoA or the Muster and the shows at the MAM in Va Beach. If you have seen the GEICO commercial where the gecko is going to tour the USS Wisconsin we toured that one time. Lots of things to do down there.

Mischa

Come on down. The two Williamsburg cons offer a wide variety gaming activities! Plenty to see as Bob said Yorktown, Jamestown and Williamsburg!

Rich

Bob

The Pel is out finally! My games will be in the back of the hall E table on the map.

Rich

http://wbconventions.org/images/pdf/WM2015-PEL.pdf

Thanks guys, this year it's not going to work out, we have plans every weekend until March I think. And then softball softs for the Coach Pitch league for lil GRette.
    Not big grand plans, but something. I will see what I can do for the Aug event, it really depends on when it is, if it's during my "furlough" (the 5 weeks when the Missus goes to Bar Harbor with the kids) I will try my best. I do go up one week with them and seem to miss BCG (Board Game Championships in Lancaster) every year (not that they play WoG there, but everyone else from my Thursday Night Game Crew goes, so I felt it relevant).
    Last edited by Gotham Resident; 01-27-2015 at 21:02. Reason: Additional babbling

I see what I have to work on the next few days. Buffalo's and I still have 2 Claude's I can build. See you next week.

Counting Down to one week.

Bob

Bring your Nates Ann`s and Nell`s. I will supply some I-15`s, I-16`s, P02`s and a SB-2! That is just the warm up game for Finland and some I-16`s , I-15`s vs Buffaloes! Saturday will see the I-15`s, I-16`s, MiG 3` and Lagg-3`s against the ME-109`s, FW-190`s. Throw in the IL-2`s and SB-2 vs Ju-87`s and 88`s a few HE-111 for some bombing runs!

See you there!

Rich

I would love to fly some Polykarpov 15's! The MAM has one, right?

Smile

David

Yes they do. I was out there Wednesday for some inspiration and to see the new arrival. A Flug Werk Fw-190A. I also had a short talk with your friend Jonathan. We discussed long range plans for the WW2 airshow. Gaming will be part of it again! See you next week!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1280053.jpg   P1270025.jpg   P1270019.jpg   P1270010.jpg  

Will work on the other Nell and Ann that I have. Looking forward to next week.

Bob

A couple each should be fine! i am basing that on the August Friday night game! I am finishing Four Zvesda Lagg-3`s and three IL-2. I am going to return you LI-2 to you, it is almost finished!

Rich

When are your games scheduled ? There's an outside chance that I may be there this weekend. Wouldn't mind watching some of the action.

Chris

That is good to hear. Friday night at 6pm and Saturday morning at 8am. Hope to see you

Rich

Thanks for the info Rich. Probably wont know until the last minute.

Chris

We will save you a seat!

Rich

After checking another thread I made a mistake on the Ann's. They are Sonja's. Reading up on them the Ann was before the Sonja but pretty much the same plane. Hope you can make it Chris. Always a good game and time.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    After checking another thread I made a mistake on the Ann's. They are Sonja's. Reading up on them the Ann was before the Sonja but pretty much the same plane.
    They came from the same design team, and bore a physical resemblance; but the -51 was noticeably smaller in physical size and weight, had a much-shorter range (only 660 miles, compared to the -30's 1,000 or so), and carried one more forward-firing MG (one each wing instead of one left-wing-only; early models of the -51 used 0.30s, later model 0.50s).

Will be getting there sometime Friday afternoon weather and traffic permitting. Perhaps I can entice my daughter to be my wingman. I'll need alot of help as I have no experience with the WW2 version.

Rich, I will also be in the Friday evening game. I should arrive early afternoon, but if you don't see me at 5:30, please hold a space for me (it means I am fighting traffic).

Chris

That is great news! I run my games for beginners, there should be no problem playing! My table is in the back of the hall. One word of advice as you come in the hall go down the ramp and visit Cotton Jim's booth. Always my first stop always has a good assortment of WOG items!!!

Rich

David

What traffic? There is never any traffic on I-95 or I-64 on a Friday afternoon. Not moving at least!! Bring your maneuver cards.

Rich

Smile

Things to look for this weekend.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_6607.jpg   100_6601.jpg   100_6611.jpg   100_6595.jpg   100_6619.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    David

What traffic? There is never any traffic on I-95 or I-64 on a Friday afternoon. Not moving at least!! Bring your maneuver cards.

Rich
    Roger that, on bringing maneuver cards. In terms of traffic, I am coming a day early and visiting my parents Thursday evening. I'll coming up from Chesapeake (instead of coming down from Northern Virginia) after having lunch with my grandmother, taking conference calls on the road -- y'know, "living the dream".

Also, your preview pictures have me more excited about the games. I would love to fly some I-15's.

David

That is a different traffic problem. No better just different!! I will save you a chair and an I-15!

Rich

Well all I will see you Friday. Might have to try the new PAY TO DRIVE lanes since they are now open or them being open may make traffic run better. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting Chris. Fly whatever you need me to.

Bob

See you there Guest Of Honor! We finally got that right!

Rich

Similar Missions

1. Williamsburg Muster II
    By BobP in forum WGS: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-09-2015, 08:41
  2. Williamsburg Muster
    By BobP in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-15-2014, 19:05
  3. Williamsburg Muster II
    By BobP in forum WGS: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 13:30
  4. Williamsburg Muster in Williamsburg Virginia!
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 18:12
  5. Williamsburg Muster
    By richard m schwab in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 13:46