Ares Games

Thread: 6mm Minatures

Post 6mm Minatures

I have been using the Irregular minatures WW1 6mm items. Their are quite a few items which one can find use for such as shell destroyed village, trenches AA guns ect. The thing is that I have found is not to overload the table with scenic items, only use what you need to achive game objectives. For example a couple of AA guns to protect your Draken. I just find it clarifies what is what on the ground. Regards Doug

Users Country Flag

Name
    John
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I have been using the Irregular minatures WW1 6mm items. Their are quite a few items which one can find use for such as shell destroyed village, trenches AA guns ect. The thing is that I have found is not to overload the table with scenic items, only use what you need to achive game objectives. For example a couple of AA guns to protect your Draken. I just find it clarifies what is what on the ground. Regards Doug
    I have been looking for 6mm WWI miniatures and scenery. Thanks for the post Doug.

If you are looking for exceptional quality 6mm, terrain included, ghqmodels.com is the best. No planes, but they even have some tanks from WW1 (like the FT17).

Default Terrain and Wings of War compatability

I have some old 2mm scale terrain by Irregular I bought about 25 years ago at a swapmeet that I use for targets. My camera is on the fritz so no photos yet of my collection but I have copied a picture from the Irregular site of how the terrain looks when based and painted.

Here is a link to their 2mm catalogue.
    http://www.irregularminiatures.co.uk/
    The models are small enough in relief so that the hollow undersides sit of the Nexus bases sit over the top of most of the features, the castings and sculpts are very crude compared to what is expected today but a reasonable paint job can make up for that.

Default Irregular minatures

Gudday All. I agree the 2mm items are just as good, afriend of mine is using them. I have gone for 6mm as I can just see the 6mm stuff to do a good but very basic paint job. One other thing is in the 6mm range there are also WW1 aircraft which could be easily used in place of the 144 scale planes and are a lot cheeper to. Doug

Users Country Flag

Name
    John
    Sorties Flown

The 2mm towns look great. This has made my mind up for getting some terrain.