Ares Games

Thread: Wings of Glory!

old75er

Default Wings of Glory!

Hi folks.

Need to ask a Question, i ordered the box set of ww1 wings of glory starter set from Stafford games when at Reading show last year.i am not having a pop at Stafford games,this is directed towards WOG.
    Who seem to be dragging there Arses!! at shipping out these sets,Is this the norm!.
    If so please get cracking.

You might be waiting awhile Mark. Is it the double plane box sets? Probably quicker and cheaper to get on ebay or from ludibay.com or from Keith and the Aerodrome Store.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by old75er View Post
    Hi folks.

Need to ask a Question, i ordered the box set of ww1 wings of glory starter set from Stafford games when at Reading show last year.i am not having a pop at Stafford games,this is directed towards WOG.
    Who seem to be dragging there Arses!! at shipping out these sets,Is this the norm!.
    It is probably not even Ares fault. They are tied to their printers schedule. Print firms and toy manufacturers alike often put small orders on hold if they have a more lucrative long run come in. It is not a case of first ordered gets its job done, but where the big money is.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi folks.

Stafford games are a great bunch of guys who will move heaven and earth to get the item. I ordered a couple of planes from them just before Xmas and when they found they could not get the plane I ordered added a free extra plane to my order - major kudos to them

Unfortunately getting items can be erratic - for instance fighter altitude pegs are still an on-going saga. Occasional problems with obtaining items are not unusual.

PS: As Rob has pointed out we're something of a niche market and the margins are too thin to ensure quick production.
    Last edited by Nicola Zee; 01-06-2015 at 05:28.

....Is this the norm?!
    Pretty much - get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Pretty much - get used to it.
    It's a fair point... though, there's probably not a realistic manufacturing schedule that would please the masses! Series 1 WGS, Series 3 & 4 WGF, different Gothas, an easy-to-repaint (benchmark being my meager painting skills) D.VII with lozenge pattern camo, an F4U Corsair, Typhoon, Fw190A, Mosquito... the list goes on and on and on...

Oh... wait. Is that just my list?

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    It's a fair point... though, there's probably not a realistic manufacturing schedule that would please the masses! Series 1 WGS, Series 3 & 4 WGF, different Gothas, an easy-to-repaint (benchmark being my meager painting skills) D.VII with lozenge pattern camo, an F4U Corsair, Typhoon, Fw190A, Mosquito... the list goes on and on and on...

Rob.

Ditto too......
    Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    Series 1 WGS, Series 3 & 4 WGF, different Gothas, an easy-to-repaint (benchmark being my meager painting skills) D.VII with lozenge pattern camo, an F4U Corsair, Typhoon, Fw190A, Mosquito... the list goes on and on and on...

old75er

Well iv'e been in touch with the makers,and they have said we have plenty in stock lol!!.
    So yesterday i phoned Stafford games and have left a message asking them to order some,so fingers crossed!!!

Fingers crossed for you!

Must say have always found Stafford Games a great bunch. Always give us a bit of discount at the shows, very friendly and helpful. I know from speaking to them that they find delivery delays incredibly frustrating - they would like to be able to turn up at shows with more stock for the blue shirted locusts, but alas not their fault. I would definitely check out Ludibay - English rules easily found on the forum, everything else works just fine. Good hunting

old75er

Well it is now mid Febuary,and still no bloody starter set.Its not Stafford Games fault its the distibutor down here in blooby Alton not very friendly as im not a trader,so told them what i thought of them.
    so now have to get a refund and hunt around and try to aquire a starter pack, hey ho!!

What do you require, vis a vis "Starter pack"?
    I may be able to help.

Hi Mark!

Sorry to thread-jump, but I'm curious... I know Tim said he may be able to help but, barring that, of what starter pack do you speak? Either (WGF or WGS) Rules and Accessories Packs (RAP), WW1 (WGF) Duel Pack, or one of the Deluxe Starters?

old75er

Thats ok to jump in. i did not know there is more than one set.
    All im after is the starter pack,that gives me i assume a couple of planes the rules and the cards for movement and damage. i never thought i would have so much trouble getting started on this game.
    if it was just for me i would have lost interest and found something else,but my 8yr old loves it. and its a good start for him to get into wargaming.
    Stafford games did say i could have X-wing starwars but i watched the video to it but it would not work for him just yet due to his ADHD.
    So i will keep searching,and thanks for the 2 contact sellers folks.
    regards
    mark...

Lightbulb

Thats ok to jump in. i did not know there is more than one set.
    All im after is the starter pack,that gives me i assume a couple of planes the rules and the cards for movement and damage. i never thought i would have so much trouble getting started on this game.
    if it was just for me i would have lost interest and found something else,but my 8yr old loves it. and its a good start for him to get into wargaming.
    Stafford games did say i could have X-wing starwars but i watched the video to it but it would not work for him just yet due to his ADHD.
    So i will keep searching,and thanks for the 2 contact sellers folks.
    regards
    mark...
    Mark your best buy would be one of the Duel packs.
    That gives you one Allied & one Central Powers airplane plus basic rules, manoeuvre decks for the two aircraft & the A damage deck plus tokens etc.

You should be able to find one around the UK or via Ebay etc.
    However you can get one via the Aerodrome Store here on the Forum. Keith's prices & Freight are most reasonable!

Keith is showing the Spad v Albatros dual pack in stock. Well worth ordering it. Even the RAP pack is well worth ordering too, unfortunately no planes in that box.

Dual pack has everything you need. 2 opposing aircraft, damage deck, range ruler, markers and the basic rules.

T least you'll know you'll get this one.

old75er

Many thanks guys now on it,like a jack russel in a pen full of B****s lol!!!

Did you say bitches Mark?
    If there are any other bits and bobs you have trouble getting let me know.
    Rob.

Amazon UK have the Duel pack, Albatross and Spad available got Ł22 and a Rules and Accessories for Ł23

The duel pack gives you two aircraft, small rule book, markers an A damage deck

Rules pack gives full rule book, A,B,C &D damage deck, but no aircraft

Hope you get something sorted Mark - if you're going to Salute this year look out for us - I'll even let you shoot me down again !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

old75er

Hi guys,im happy as pig in **** lol.duel pack now in my hands,came last week.
    Stafford games are the tops in my books now have my game and my 8yr old has claimed the albi so im left with the spad.
    Flash would love to go to salute to give you the chance to regain your honour lol!!,but alas cannot make it there this year tryin to sort my cars out plus getting my vehicles ready for my demo this year.
    so i thought i would drop you a line to let you all know its ended well,now need to buy planes would like to paint my own so off to surf the net see what prevails.
    regards
    older!!

Thank goodness for that Mark - finally in the air ! Hope your hunt for new purchases goes well, sorry you won't be at Salute

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Newbie question - WWII Wings of Glory versus Wings of War
    By Gangrel in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-29-2014, 21:26
  2. National: Wings of Glory & Sails of Glory al MACRO giovedě
    By Angiolillo in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2014, 06:08
  3. WGF & WGS: Mixing Wings of Glory coastal mat with the Sails of Glory mat.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-27-2013, 09:27
  4. Svět deskových her - hraní Wings of Glory (Wings of War)
    By Ladinek in forum Czechoslovak Wing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-04-2013, 11:51
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-02-2013, 12:53