Ares Games

Thread: "The Sky Their Battlefield"

Default "The Sky Their Battlefield"

Anyone familiar with Trevor Henshaw's The Sky Their Battlefield? An updated version is being advertised on Cross & Cockade, but it's a bit pricey... is it a worthwhile investment?

Thanks.

Chris

Hi Chris. Did you suscribe to Cross and Cockade? I did a couple of months back but haven't received anything from them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Hi Chris. Did you suscribe to Cross and Cockade? I did a couple of months back but haven't received anything from them at all.
    I did subscribe for 2015. As I understand it (and according to the C&CI website), the winter edition wasn't to leave the printers until the end of November. I'm hoping that means they're on their way!

I will be interested to hear what transpires here chaps. Please keep me informed.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Exclamation

From info on the Aerodrome historical forum this is THE book to get if you want an overview of pilots & observers lost in WW1.
    The new edition has a huge amount of new info gleaned since the first book.
    Check out reviews on "The Aerodrome"

Its not cheap but its on my to get list right at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    From info on the Aerodrome historical forum this is THE book to get if you want an overview of pilots & observers lost in WW1.
    The new edition has a huge amount of new info gleaned since the first book.
    Check out reviews on "The Aerodrome"

Its not cheap but its on my to get list right at the top.
    Thanks Barry!
    Now to find the funds...

Tried to find it on Cross and Cockade book list but it did not appear to be there either in current or second hand books.
    Rob.

Amazon is only showing the '95 edition for sale; the new one is not available, and no price listed.
    The 'blurb' writer for Amazon should be told that the "Axis" didn't exist in WW1
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    The 'blurb' writer for Amazon should be told that the "Axis" didn't exist in WW1
    I should say so!

Thanks for looking into availability, gents. I'm in no particular hurry and perfectly willing to wait for the updated & revised version... whenever that should become available.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Tried to find it on Cross and Cockade book list but it did not appear to be there either in current or second hand books.
    Rob.
    Cross and Cockade International has Henshaw's revised and updated The Sky Their Battlefield II in both soft and hard cover. They're pricey (£40 & £50 respectively), but available:
    Softcover: http://www.crossandcockade.com/store....pX49jgO5.dpbs
    Hardcover: http://www.crossandcockade.com/store....wMxlNo4a.dpbs

Thanks Chris.
    I knew if I bleated loud enough some kind soul would find it for me.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. " Mossie" The de Havilland Mosquito "a close up"
    By andron234 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 08:19
  2. National Derby 29th: "Where's my wingman?" "Taking pictures Sir"
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 06:33
  3. National: 4 NUOVE ESPANSIONI "CUSTOM" per "Wing of Glory"
    By mumo in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 12:58
  4. WGF & WGS: Wings of Glory at "Etna Comics" and "Settimo in Gioco" (Italy, September 2012)
    By Angiolillo in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 09:19
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 02:39