Ares Games

View Poll Results: Which currently released bomber suits your gaming best / have you got most of?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heinkel 111 Stab./KG53

10 71.43%
  • Heinkel 111 1/KG53 (Snow)

0 0%
  • B-25 Mitchell Doolittle

2 14.29%
  • B-25 Mitchell Bauer

0 0%
  • B-17F Memphis Belle

1 7.14%
  • B-17G A Bit o’ Lace

1 7.14%
  • Lancaster B Mk. III “Dambuster”

0 0%
  • Lancaster B Mk.III Grog’s the Shot

0 0%

Thread: Which currently released bomber suits your gaming best / have you got most of?

Default Which currently released bomber suits your gaming best / have you got most of?

Interested to see how we're all using these, which ones are most exciting for larger games; Including repaints. I think its partially impaired by the fact that we need several more key planes for some basic battles, so factor that in or not. up to you.

If I had more Battle of Britain planes available, like more 109's and a Dornier 17, I would be using the darker Heinkel the most. Its currently the only one I have doubles of though. I am thinking that both the B17's already look good together, and perhaps ill get a third for a classic formation to attack. If we had lots of Soviet planes I would use the Snow Heinkel the most, but too far off to consider.
    The Lancasters are the big potential one for me though, especially if we got some Wellingtons to fly with them some day. The Lancs look very easy for repaints too, just a simple decal update.

So for me its the Darker Heinkel, and the Lancaster Dam Busters Version.

(I tried to edit this poll to allow more than 1 option but... no go.)
    Last edited by Xen; 12-26-2014 at 08:43. Reason: tried to edit poll.

I've got two BoB Heinkels.

To be honest - I like them all.
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

He-111 for BOB.
    But I love them all.

Thumbs up

Got the Doolittle Mitchell & used it in the Bismarck Sea game but intend to get the Belle for later Pacific area games.

I'm looking forward to using the the big ones, Lancasters and B-17s, as they will do well with scenarios. You can send in a large group of them and not have fighter support. Makes a level playing field for putting on a game that has prizes. But I still use them all. I have lots of Spits, Hurricanes and 109s to do the battle of Britain. So I use the Stukas and Bf110s as well as the Heinkels.
    I will have to wait to answer your question until I have used the big ones.

Thomas

I now have three Heinkels and three Lancasters, but as I am playing Malta and Libya scenarios only the Heinkel repainted in Desert camo is getting used at the moment.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Actually only the Ju87s at the moment, which are not on the list as they are not big.
    I hope to get a couple of the green He111s eventually to go with my AIM Do17s and Zvezda Ju88s.
    I won't be getting Lancs, as I don't intend to get as far as 1943....
    but then I never intended to get past 1918 either so who knows?

I have a kette/flight of each of the 2 engine bombers; only 1 each of the B-17s, and Grog Shot Lancaster.
    Mostly, I've used the He.111s; working up some KG26 anti-shipping games. It seems what I want to blow up in WW2 most is ships
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

The three Heinkel 111 Stab./KG53s have seen the most action to date, but the camo B-25 saw some work over the Med. They're darn dangerous, though... so they see limited use and, when I do use them, I lessen the effectiveness of their defensive firepower.

7 Memphis Belles for me, so I guess that has to be my pick. I will get around to making some changes in the near future to make them different planes. Some decals should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by P-51D View Post
    7 Memphis Belles for me, so I guess that has to be my pick. I will get around to making some changes in the near future to make them different planes. Some decals should do the trick.
    Daniel please let me know where you get your decals as I have 6 Belles. I still haven't made my pick as I use them all. But really looking forward to seeing the B-17s in the air this month.

Thomas

I can hear the bells ring...

7x

&

6x

Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Got three He111 for BoB.
    Only got a single Dambuster lanc, but will be looking yo get a couple more

I "need" a few He-111s for Battle of Britain scenarios. So the first one on the list, but I don't have any "yet". None of the others are even in consideration, no matter how lovely they are. If I had a Lanc, it would be repainted to the Mynarski scheme in a heartbeat.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    I can hear the bells ring...

7x

&

6x

Please Sven; as long as there are no Indians around, they're just targets
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by P-51D View Post
    So now you can properly Knock The Seven Belles out of someone? ;)

I am not voteing in this poll as I like them all and appart from the B17's I have gamed with them all, including the dam busters Lanc which was a great solo game (well done ARES). The point I am trying to make is that they are all great and I would vote for every single one!

I tried to make the poll allow multiple votes but stuffed it up

Similar Missions

1. Series 2 Rolands not released...
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-28-2014, 02:46
  2. Big Birds Vol.5-1 Released
    By Baldrick62 in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 10:08
  3. Wing Club 7 Released
    By kaufschtick in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War