Ares Games

Thread: Please help

Default Please help

First of all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my fellow pilots.

I need some help especially from my American friends so if I've posted this in the wrong place or maybe someone could shift into the American wing or whoever it needs to reach I would really appreciate it.

In March 2015 my family is heading over to USA and I'm going to organise them to bring me back a big pile of planes and accessories because they are about half the price and double the availability there than
    down here in NZ.

So if someone could tell me a good store within their travel plans that isn't out of their way as much as possible would be greatly appreciated.

Their travel plans are:

Los Angeles for a few days
    Spending 3 days driving up to San Francisco so anywhere in between
    Flying to New York City for a few days
    Flying back to LA
    Driving to Palm Springs so anywhere in between
    Back to LA
    Fly home

Any ideas of stores within those plans?

Also I have a decent collection of books and dvds on WW2 Warbirds, are there any must haves for my collection they should look out for? I know there's a book made here in NZ all of you would love. Its called Precious Metal I advise you to check it out. Great collection of photos and commentary on the currently flying Warbirds down here in NZ. Can't wait for Warbirds over Wanaka in 2016!!! Taking my boy for his birthday.

Thanks everybody and God Bless,

Sam.

Cotton Jim's, Miniature Market and 12-7 Games have great prices. Right here, the Aerodrome Store is also one of the best sources. Not sure of their locations but maybe you could have them shipped to a hotel they will be staying at for a pick up?

Good luck adding to your collection!

Peter has the right of it. Each of those sites is a viable option, as would be coolstuffinc. As for shipping, FedEx and UPS have regional stores you can ship to. I'm not familiar with any specific stores along your route, but I'm certain there's got to be at least one.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. I definitely plan to buy some things from the Aerodrome store, I love the look of the advanced cockpits and the gimbals but its not everyday a family member goes to the USA.

Also my main point of asking them to pick up an order for me was to save on all shipping costs which raises the price to something similar I get here.

I've emailed Ares games to ask them who their distributors are in LA, NYC, SF etc.

Will just wait and see.

Thanks

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Cotton Jim's, Miniature Market and 12-7 Games have great prices. Right here, the Aerodrome Store is also one of the best sources. Not sure of their locations but maybe you could have them shipped to a hotel they will be staying at for a pick up?

Good luck adding to your collection!

Happy Shopping Sam.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Hope everything pans out for you Sam.
    It's a great idea, and they don't weigh much in your luggage, unlike some things.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Just order the stuff you want and have it shipped to one of the places they will be staying. Probable the last place they go. You can call the hotel and give them a heads up that a package is coming. Give them the tracking number. Most places will hold them for their guests.

Thomas

I think Sam is looking for stores in the area's he will be visiting. From what I saw all the these are all online stores that you can buy from anytime. Folks in the area's he is going to need to give him directions to LGS's.

You're probably right. I had it in my head that he was looking to cut down on shipping and hand carry merch home... so the FedEx or UPS might have worked. A brick n' mortar would certainly eliminate shipping, however.

My thoughts exactly. Just trying to get him the best price. LGS along the way probably won't get him the most for his money. Picking up an order at a UPS, FedEx or hotel is just another option. I don't know the areas the friends are traveling but a web search could probably find some LGS along the way. It's in his hands how he does his shopping.

Go for it Sam get as many as you although the the other half may limit your purches. I use to tell the ex how much money I had saved, but that excuse never worked

You're exactly right. Infact my interests are to completely do away with shipping costs. I think my best bet is to wait for Ares' email reply with distributor details. They have helped me before when I had a friend in London and they directed me to Orc's Nest.

Love the way this community just jumps in and helps eachother when in need. Great sense of brotherhood here.

Im away in the beautiful and incredibly hot Coromandel at the moment with limited internet access so replies will be delayed sorry.

Happy holidays to all.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    You're probably right. I had it in my head that he was looking to cut down on shipping and hand carry merch home... so the FedEx or UPS might have worked. A brick n' mortar would certainly eliminate shipping, however.

spend over $99 with min market and shipping is free. easy done ... :/