Ares Games

Thread: Goering Ace - the author. No, seriously.

Default Goering Ace - the author. No, seriously.

Just wanted to take a minute on this lovely Christmas morning to wish all of you here at the Drome a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!
    This last year has been a wild one for me, and full of surprises. After being let go from my job last December, I took on a challenge at the urging of my best friend . . . to write a zombie apocalypse novel. My best buddy had written three zombie novels at the time, and after I pitched an idea for a story, he pushed me to write it. So I did. Starting in late February, I began to write, and 89,000 words and 5 months later, my novel - ZOMBIE OFF - was finished and self published. I also wrote a 7000 word prequel short story(ZOMBIE OFF - The Beginning) to go with it, which is also published (and available for FREE). On top of that, I am 77,000 words into the sequel, which I hope to have published in January.
    Writing these novels has given me one of the greatest feelings of accomplishment of my life, and I plan to write many more in the future. I always say everything happens for a reason, and losing my job led to my emergence as an author. Who would have thought?!!
    Anyways, just sharing a little something that I'm very proud of.
    If any of you enjoy reading zombie apocalypse novels, feel free to search out my book. It's available everywhere eBooks are sold, including Barnes & Nobel, Amazon, iTunes (iBooks), and Smashwords.com. You can search by title (ZOMBIE OFF) or by author name (Scott Lee). Searching by title works better.
    There, that's my shameless plug.

Again, Happy Holidays to all!! Hope to spend more time here at the Drome in 2015.
    Fly safe.
    Scott

Good Luck to your new occupation as an author.

I had similar experience, in that every time that I lost a job, I found a better one.

Have a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year !

Ah, now I know who are piloting all the AI planes I fight in solo games.....ZOMBIES!!!!!!

Good to see you back!

As I was posting this thread, I suddenly got an idea for a zombie novel based in the WWI time period and focused around a pilot who gets downed in a remote area of enemy territory and discovers that more is going on than anyone expected!!

Thumbs up

Well done & congratulations Scott.
    Now that idea of A WW1 Zombie story sounds great!

BTW, the book is also available in paperback. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Goering Ace View Post
    As I was posting this thread, I suddenly got an idea for a zombie novel based in the WWI time period and focused around a pilot who gets downed in a remote area of enemy territory and discovers that more is going on than anyone expected!!
    That is the very definition of a bad day...

Well done Scott, its great to get published. I am sure it will give you as much satifaction as it did when I wrote my up Master thesis (even though it is just sitting on a shelf in the Uni and Queensland department of Eucation)

Well done Scott. May the Lord bless your endeavor in the new year.

Thomas

Not "zombies in WW1" -- try ghosts; let's just say the warning at the end of "In Flanders Fields" was not heeded....

What a great story of success being born out of adversity.
    Although Zombies hold no interest for me outside of the Haiti folk tales, I wish you all the best in your endevour.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Well done. Turning a passion into work good on you. Hope your future endeavours come to a successful fruition. The WW1 slant looks very interesting.

All the best for 2015 (and the Zombie apocalypse).
    See you on the Dark Side......

Best of luck in your new endeavour Scott.

Thanks for all the nice words, guys. Although writing isn't going to pay the bills (at least not yet), it is enjoyable and something that may provide a nice supplemental income down the road. I'm still hoping a big movie maker likes my idea and wants to make a feature film out of it, but I'm not holding my breath! In the mean time, I've gone back to working in archaeology, which is my real passion. Now that Hunter is 15 (and taller than me!), I can return to the work I love. Half the pay but ten times the happiness!!
    So I'll work during the day, and write at night and on weekends. Not a bad gig.

How is Hunter Scott?
    Not heard from him for a while now.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    How is Hunter Scott?
    Not heard from him for a while now.
    Rob.
    Hi Rob. Hunter is good, although he spends all of his time behind a computer screen nowadays. I'd love to get him to ditch the computer and climb back into the pilot's seat for an occasional sortie, but it's easier said than done. Depending on when his school year ends, I'd like to try and go to origins again this year. Might spark Hunter to get back into WOW/WOG. I'll know more after the winter. All depends on how many snow days occur.
    I'll let him know you asked about him.
    Take care.
    Scott

Scott, best wishes on your writing endeavors.

Given your interest in archeology, I imagine you have the background to write some interesting historical/sci-fi/fantasy type novels. The other day, I saw a Cthulhu/WWII RPG. People are blending these genres in interesting ways.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Goering Ace View Post
    Hi Rob. Hunter is good, although he spends all of his time behind a computer screen nowadays. I'd love to get him to ditch the computer and climb back into the pilot's seat for an occasional sortie, but it's easier said than done. Depending on when his school year ends, I'd like to try and go to origins again this year. Might spark Hunter to get back into WOW/WOG. I'll know more after the winter. All depends on how many snow days occur.
    I'll let him know you asked about him.
    Take care.
    Scott
    Good to hear he is doing O.K. Please do give him my best wishes.
    Rob.

Most excellent and congrats!

Similar Missions

1. WGF Anyone got a Goering/Udet?
    By Xen in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 19:25
  2. WGS WTB Goering
    By Redstarny in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 10:26
  3. A poem Unkown Author
    By grumpybear in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 22:06
  4. Want Lufbery Nieu-17, Goering D-VII or Schafer, F-toys D-III Goering.
    By James Denberger in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 20:51
  5. Looking for a Goering D.VII!
    By Spad Mo in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 13:29